I have a bad feeling that even if they release DMC5, it would be another prequel

#1dillpickle69Posted 2/6/2013 6:38:44 PM
When I think about how Capcom clearly doesn't want to go past where DMC2 was, and the two games after it were just prequels, it's obvious they don't know where to go. Added to the fact that, before they decided to make this a reboot, this game was set to be yet another prequel, I'm scared DMC5 might be another prequel... I wish they'd just resolve the ending of DMC2 and explain Nero, after that I don't care how many prequels or plotless games they do... I just want some closure dammit.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#2Niyel7Posted 2/6/2013 6:39:22 PM
It's okay, these are good videogames
#3Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 6:52:39 PM(edited)
There's plenty they can do with Nero's story, or Dante after DMC4.

Also, where is it stated that DMC4 necessarily happens before DMC2? At the end of DMC2, we "know" Dante is back from Hell with the motorcycle arriving. So why isn't it possible that DMC4 happened after DMC2?
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#4ramzariotPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:08 PM
Damien94 posted...

Also, where is it stated that DMC4 necessarily happens before DMC2? At the end of DMC2, we "know" Dante is back from Hell with the motorcycle arriving. So why isn't it possible that DMC4 happened after DMC2?

Dante looks oldest in Devil may cry 2. As far as I am concerned unless they make a sequel Dante ended up in Shin Megami Tensei's world.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#5dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:57:19 PM
Damien94 posted...

I asked the same question before actually, but I believe that it was stated in a few interviews that DMC4 takes place before 2. And the sound of the motorcycle should mean Dante is back, but they never showed him actually coming back, just the sound of an engine, that was done on purpose to leave the curiosity there for a cliff hanger.
---
#6Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 6:58:33 PM
ramzariot posted...

Dante looks oldest in Devil may cry 2. As far as I am concerned unless they make a sequel Dante ended up in Shin Megami Tensei's world.

Meh, I'd argue that "Uncle Dante" from DMC4 looks older than DMC2 Dante. I'm just curious if there's actual justification proving that DMC4 happens before DMC2, because it seems like it could definitely have happened after.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#7RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 7:05:52 PM
It's okay, there are a lot of timeskips between the games.
#8rockman11_zPosted 2/6/2013 7:08:43 PM
Heck what really happen to Vergil after DMC 1?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#9dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:14:18 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Heck what really happen to Vergil after DMC 1?

Dead. He died after he fought Dante. Until, of course, Capcom runs out of ideas and decides to make a game about him.
---
#10Rising_shadowPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:01 PM
Vergil freaking blew up. Pieces of him were used to create the angelo demons in 4. He's dead. At best his soul might be inside Nero or something.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!