This proves gamers are self entitled brats

#101NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/6/2013 10:57:20 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
I haven't been here very long at all.

Just give me my fathers sword back already.

I never took your father's sword. I'm just polishing it and keeping it in tip top shape til he comes back. I didn't run off with it or anything. Look, I'll make you a deal. I wrote a DMC 4 fanfic in the DMC 4 forum on GameFAQs. Go and read the story. (when you have time that is. It's rather long :P) If you like my fanfic, then I get to keep polishing and sharpening Force Edge. If you do not like it, then I won't touch Force Edge ever again and I'll even change part of my sig. Fair enough?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#102malicemizerfanPosted 2/6/2013 10:57:27 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Orange00 posted...
yea i spit on the wall i admit it, but that's just because of what this board has become. I have some respect for the anti who were here before the launch. Back then this board was nerve wrecking at times, but also fun every now and then.

now today onw the other hand..

DmC board = anti camp grounds. Caution! Group conversing in progress in every single topic.

just re-read this topic. First 6 or so pages were just this brick wall spitting on TC. If you can't see this then you're too deep in it yourself.

I am what antis should be.

you be the calm side. I'll stick with being the hate-napalm spewing one.

Then you're know better then the very people who antagonize us. You're not helping the cause. You're defeating it.

Did you forget that I would rather see this franchise burn to the ground than even hear a shred of a rumor that this game would get a sequel? I will destroy what I love if it has a chance to destroy that which I hate.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#103DuuuDe14Posted 2/6/2013 10:58:35 PM
As would I. But either way your hate spewing isnt going to make it easier here.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#104malicemizerfanPosted 2/6/2013 11:03:55 PM
I am the absolute worst kind of fighter. I know I should have stopped, But I refuse. I refuse because in my eyes, to stop is something unforgivable. To simply give in, is something I will not do. I come from a long line of fighters who don't lose their line, doctors who refuse to let a patient die, and lawyers who will argue for their client, no matter their atrocity.

stopping isn't in my blood.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#105AtalalamaPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:39 PM
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Uhh...no? Who thinks that? I mean, besides hardcore Final Fantasy VII remake fanatics, but we all agree they're nuts. And I didn't buy it. A co-worker loaned it to me, I didn't like it.

Next part: Wow...now there's a blast-from-the-past insult. Great way to get your point across - by insulting the very people you're typing to. But going back to dev. obligations, you're absolutely right. They aren't obligated to make a game for "hardcore fans only". But they are obligated to make a good (if not great game), as that garners sales. This...is an average action game at best, worse when compared to God of War III (for example).

I also think you missed something: The games' sales are tanking. Therefore, the "hardcore fans" you type to by-and-large didn't buy the game. While I'm no hardcore fan, I AM a long-time fan (kinda...my first DMC was the #3 Special Edition-version-thingy), though I never bought DMC4. I'm also confident that many chose to play the demo & didn't like it, or borrowed it and didn't like it. Or "rented it" by buying it from Game Stop and re-selling it.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

There's a phrase that fits here: "Opinions are like a**h***s. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone elses' stinks." I'll wait to see if you get the deeper meaning of this one, TC.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

Again with the insulting...sigh. What grade are you in, again? Also, what give you the right to piss and moan about the piss and moaners if they're not allowed to piss and moan as well? 'Cause that's all this topic is: A piss-and-moan flaming troll-bait topic.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

Shipped =/= Sold. Also, to those who enjoy the game: Great! I'm glad! Your tastes are different than mine, and I respect this. Please kindly respect that my tastes are not the same as yours as well.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

...Sigh...didn't anyone ever instruct you, TC, on how to write/speak to people you're trying to make a point to? Rule #1: No insulting. It's demeaning to yourself & the topic at hand, and your audience will resort to insulting you rather than debate the topic at hand. Quite honestly, IF I were to report this topic, it would be because it's a piss-and-moan flaming troll-bait topic.

Now then, are long-time fans self-entitled brats: Mostly no. Kinda like Republicans: Most aren't Tea-Partiers, but "it's the squeaky wheel which gets the grease." It is foolish to lump ALL fans of the orignal DMC games together with such "haterz".
#106rockman11_zPosted 2/6/2013 11:26:29 PM
Happychappy654= angry version of shatterstar?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#107PezofpowerPosted 2/6/2013 11:29:02 PM
TC is so mad breh.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#108IamthekuzalolPosted 2/6/2013 11:33:38 PM
TC, you still crying? Rofl..
#109MinamoPosted 2/6/2013 11:55:48 PM
I'm proud of the fans for sticking to their guns and voting with their wallets. It's very rare to see gamers actually follow through with this sort of thing (we see it all the time with DLC complaints). It's a shame that people like the original poster don't realize that simply making a game doesn't entitle (there is your favorite word bro!!!) the developer to sales. You don't have to bow to your fans' every whim, but at least keep them in mind when making a game in an established franchise.

And for God's sake, don't spit on your old fans every time you open your mouth. Taneem and Capcom both need a lesson in PR-101.
#110SlaynPosted 2/7/2013 12:52:55 AM
I understand if people don't like the game, that's fine. The people that right the game below a 5 though... wtf? Have you ever played a truly crappy game? One that was unfinished, insanely buggy, had problems, or was just terribly designed? Watch Angry Video Game nerd, come back, then tell me the game is a 0.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116