This proves gamers are self entitled brats

#141mahroflcopterPosted 2/7/2013 10:00:20 AM
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

The game didn't sell a million, it shipped a million. Even the wildly inaccurate VGChartz claims DmC sold only about 680,000 copies and is sinking like a stone on the charts. It's dropping at a rate of 50% to 80% week over week for the past 3 weeks, and the first 3 to 4 weeks are where MOST video games sell the majority of their copies. This game will be lucky to sell a million at this rate.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#142darkdragon_9600Posted 2/7/2013 10:10:09 AM
English isn't my first language, thus I might be wrong here, but being entitled to something would mean that I expect something to be given/please me because I ''deserve'' it? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Now, I'm a costumer. I bought nearly all Capcom's games. I supported the damn company and helped make it what it became.

They can have my money, but I can't say that I dislike what they did to their franchise?
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#143Zwei79Posted 2/7/2013 10:28:09 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Zwei79 posted...
Gamefaqs is full of people that cry and complain all day about a game they don't like go post on a game that you do like and stop hating on the game you don't.

if I don't like a game I just don't post on the board's about how I hate it so much or even bother clicking on its boards its a waste of time and its point less.

Im never gonna post on anything thats Nintendo

Stay away from the game board's that you don't like this will cut down all the hate topics.

"The way I post makes me better than you"

All I got out of that.

Not better then anyone I just don't add to the problem
---
~ keep it cool ~
#144SilentS89Posted 2/7/2013 10:38:11 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
English isn't my first language, thus I might be wrong here, but being entitled to something would mean that I expect something to be given/please me because I ''deserve'' it? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Now, I'm a costumer. I bought nearly all Capcom's games. I supported the damn company and helped make it what it became.

They can have my money, but I can't say that I dislike what they did to their franchise?

That is essentially the argument against us, yes.

It wouldn't make sense in any language.
#145RD_21Posted 2/7/2013 1:03:23 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Orange00 posted...
yea i spit on the wall i admit it, but that's just because of what this board has become. I have some respect for the anti who were here before the launch. Back then this board was nerve wrecking at times, but also fun every now and then.

now today onw the other hand..

DmC board = anti camp grounds. Caution! Group conversing in progress in every single topic.

just re-read this topic. First 6 or so pages were just this brick wall spitting on TC. If you can't see this then you're too deep in it yourself.

I am what antis should be.

you be the calm side. I'll stick with being the hate-napalm spewing one.

Then you're know better then the very people who antagonize us. You're not helping the cause. You're defeating it.

Did you forget that I would rather see this franchise burn to the ground than even hear a shred of a rumor that this game would get a sequel? I will destroy what I love if it has a chance to destroy that which I hate.

And you are the reason this thread got made and the definition of what TC was describing. Just because you don't want a game or doesn't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist for those of does.

Same thing for the guy complaining about Uncharted. You don't like the Hollywood feel in the game, then don't play it and don't buy it, but don't be mad that others like this aspect of the game, just because you don't.

This topic is spot on, he never said you can't dislike the game or make valid criticism he just said that flooding the board every day is rather dumb and petty.
#146StrelokPosted 2/7/2013 1:05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M
*dances into topic*
*looks at first post*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRp_mVi969I
*double take at first post*
*goes for random, runs at random horse, leaps on, rides out of topic, waving tomahawk*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCsa1OO4k
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#147RD_21Posted 2/7/2013 1:13:49 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...

He is not saying you can't complain, but he's saying that the mentality of saying it's a bad game or wanting to destroy it and fight it to the death is being entitled. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. At least that's the way I'm seeing it.
#148MadigariPosted 2/7/2013 1:15:57 PM
happychappy654 posted...
I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

Great. Now I feel all self-conscious and don't want to do it. Thanks a lot.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#149malicemizerfanPosted 2/7/2013 1:17:00 PM
RD_21 posted...

And you are the reason this thread got made and the definition of what TC was describing. Just because you don't want a game or doesn't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist for those of does.

Same thing for the guy complaining about Uncharted. You don't like the Hollywood feel in the game, then don't play it and don't buy it, but don't be mad that others like this aspect of the game, just because you don't.

This topic is spot on, he never said you can't dislike the game or make valid criticism he just said that flooding the board every day is rather dumb and petty.

I AM THE GUY WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT UNCHARTED TOO. Christ, you need to learn to read better. I don't complain because I don't want others to have fun. I complain because **** like this game makes a mockery of everything that made the series good.

good combat? maybe, if you completely disregard the hack n slash games that have come out since 2001.
good story? Hahohe, good joke.
social relevance? maybe a year or two ago.
good characters? Tameem wouldn't know good characters if they ran up and punched him in the head.
good environments? fine, I'll give you that some parts of the game are pretty.

if this game had another name, I would honestly not care even a little, maybe even like it. But they decided to take something I love and tell me I'm wrong to not enjoy them destroying it. Fine, you want to destroy it, I'll heap as much fuel on the fire as I possibly can.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#150RD_21Posted 2/7/2013 1:44:47 PM(edited)
malicemizerfan posted...
RD_21 posted...

I AM THE GUY WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT UNCHARTED TOO. Christ, you need to learn to read better. I don't complain because I don't want others to have fun. I complain because **** like this game makes a mockery of everything that made the series good.

good combat? maybe, if you completely disregard the hack n slash games that have come out since 2001.
good story? Hahohe, good joke.
social relevance? maybe a year or two ago.
good characters? Tameem wouldn't know good characters if they ran up and punched him in the head.
good environments? fine, I'll give you that some parts of the game are pretty.

if this game had another name, I would honestly not care even a little, maybe even like it. But they decided to take something I love and tell me I'm wrong to not enjoy them destroying it. Fine, you want to destroy it, I'll heap as much fuel on the fire as I possibly can.

Sorry if you are the guy who complained about Uncharted and I didn't remember it, but I don't think I need to learn to read anything. You said that games like CoD and Uncharted should be selling less and you then proceed to say why you don't like Uncharted, but it's not because it doesn't fit your taste that les people should like it.

I also have a problem with you saying that you would like this game if it wasn't a DMC, what prevents you from doing it, just get over the reality you knew and enjoy the reboot for what it is, not for what it isn't. Capcom isn't spitting in your face, they just did a reboot.

You also said you would destroy something you love if it can destroy something you hate, so basically if you don't like it nobody should get it, but then you tell me I need to learn to read...

Now whether DmC is good or not I can't tell you as I haven't played it yet. But I'm playing DMC at the moment and most of what you said about DmC could be applied to DMC.

Good combat? Yeah it's serviceable enough but feel sluggish in certain area compared to modern games.
Good story? It's not really good and it made me realize how bad storytelling was back then, you don't even know what you are doing and why most of the time. I read the Wiki or a FAQ and it seems like the guy is experiencing this crazy awesome story while I'm not really.

Anyway I am not here to bash DMC as it's a fun game, but I won't defend DmC either.

As for Tameem if he did Enslaved then he knows good character, if he didn't meh, I don't care about the guy and don't even know him anyway.

Do you also know that NT wanted to do a DMC game and Capcom rejected their ideas telling them they wanted a reboot because to them it was stale and done for, even if for you it wasn't? In Capcom mind it was either DmC or no DMC so you should stop acting like they are DESTROYING DMC with DmC when it was just them doing something with the series you love instead of letting it die, maybe you prefer it to die, but I seriously think you just need to let go already. You seem like you would enjoy the game and think it was an okay to good game if it wasn't a DMC so it seems like you are just stuck on a pseudo-conspiracy about how Capcom is there to get you.