This proves gamers are self entitled brats

#151Malus_X6Posted 2/7/2013 12:40:22 PM
That's it. I'm ending this now.

Anyone up for a Dragon Ball marathon? I'll bring a buttload of fried chicken. Maybe some tacos as well.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#152Nisa20Posted 2/7/2013 12:43:52 PM
TC, A while ago an individual from this website and I got into a large debate about the changes that had occurred in DMC, and while I disagreed that the changes were a big deal (due to my somewhat lax personality.. :>) I think after thinking about it more and more I began to see what exactly that person was saying about said changes..
In his example he mentioned GOW and how I would feel if they ruined the image of Kratos. His example was giving Kratos long hair, and making the games grittier. At the time my response was rather ignorant as I truly didnít fully see through the eyes of the ones who felt wronged. I told him I would play that GOW game without any qualms.

After a while it hit me, what if they DID change Kratos that drasticly? What if they changed him into a different race and threw in country music or something of the sorts and made the gods look drastically different? After letting that thought stew within my mind I came to the conclusion that telling the upset fanbase to relax was wrong of me. This is something they grew up with and knew for years, something that ended on a cliffhanger. You, Me, Capcom, andÖ Tameem etc. No one can just say no to them you canít just do that.

Capcom may be a company, but as a business itís their duty to keep the customers happy. You canít just tell people who have been helping you build from the ground up a huge F*** YOU and not expect ANY kind of resentment or backlash. And donít get me started on Tameem, if anyone dug the grave even further down it was him. (And this is coming from a big NT fan)

Fans are mad, theyíre going to be mad, and itís going to last till something is actually done something GOOD that we all can agree on. And it has to come from either NT or Capcom (Although NT might be done for, and may end up saying hello to SuperBot.) You coming in here making a thread calling the fanbase entitled babies does as much good as Tameem not taking constructive criticism and then lashing out at the fanbase. You donít put out a fire with fire do you?

Think of it like this, think of your favorite game, movie, artwork.. whatever.. and imagine some new person changes what you revered as cíest magnifique. And I mean DRASTICALLY changed it as in itís barely recognize able. Think about this and really ask yourself, would you really be okay, and do you truly think they are crying a foul over spilled milk? I for one do not.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#153shatterstarPosted 2/7/2013 12:45:40 PM
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

don't think that it proves tha Gamers are self entitled brats. But rather proves that linear games with no online multiplayer or co-op, aren't worth throwing money away on.

DmC has indeed broke 1 million and months down the line, will eventually hit that 1.2 million mark that they've set now. Which puts it in the 1 million mark with DMC1,2,and 3.

But the goal was to out sell DMC4 which is sad to say, DmC didn't accomplish. So now will Capcom feel the need to continue investing money into a franchise that they've tried to make new and fresh which fits right into their goals or just continue to focus on making new IP's and put the DMC franchise on the back-burner.

I'm pretty sure we'll get the answer to that question very soon.
#154malicemizerfanPosted 2/7/2013 12:51:18 PM
No. It's entirely different, if you piss on me and tell me it's rain, I am required to accept that, since I'm obviously just entitled if I don't, right? that's what's happening here. they tried to play a shell game with this, by giving it the DMC name, but none of the substance. A good portion of the fan base saw right through that lie. They called it for the shameless cash grab it was, and how did others respond? by hating on the newly dubbed "antis".

and when did I say they should sell less? I just stated why I don't like them. Reading, how does it work?

I just pointed out why I don't like this game, and why it is inferior to its predecessors, and most of the genre it is in. Never said anything even related to its sales in this topic. Hell, never even said anyone was wrong for how they feel, like you seem to think. I did come close to saying such, but did not.

I don't like uncharted(not even so much that, it's just I don't like them hollywoodifying games, everything doesn't have to be some big epic undertaking, I just want a reason to continue the story) I hate this travesty of a game.

Tameem had very little to do with the story for enslaved, he tried to get a scene in that the writer outright refused because instead of making the main seem badass, it just made him look like an incredible douche.

the scene was that monkey outright kills a man begging for help(by booting him in the face instead of helping him onto a platform) is that badass, or just being a douche?

and its not some conspiracy theory, I know they wanted it reinvented. they didn't have to be dicks about it. You take the name for something, there will be comparisons drawn to its predecessors, you need to make it better than the past, or there's no reason to leave it.

guess that's the heart of the problem with this, it isn't better than the old games, so no one wants to leave them in the past.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#155Kira0987Posted 2/7/2013 12:56:32 PM
Uh, anyone who is a paying customer is damn well entitled. I don't get why all these fanboys throw that word around. If I'm paying an architect to design my house, he better damn well make it the way I want!
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#156TalesOfGodPosted 2/7/2013 1:01:28 PM
*Cough* The CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!
#157UrukazziPosted 2/7/2013 1:43:28 PM
shatterstar posted...
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

don't think that it proves tha Gamers are self entitled brats. But rather proves that linear games with no online multiplayer or co-op, aren't worth throwing money away on.

DmC has indeed broke 1 million and months down the line, will eventually hit that 1.2 million mark that they've set now. Which puts it in the 1 million mark with DMC1,2,and 3.

But the goal was to out sell DMC4 which is sad to say, DmC didn't accomplish. So now will Capcom feel the need to continue investing money into a franchise that they've tried to make new and fresh which fits right into their goals or just continue to focus on making new IP's and put the DMC franchise on the back-burner.

I'm pretty sure we'll get the answer to that question very soon.

Ha, yeah. Just like some of those other failures, like Bioshock. And Dead Space. And Final Fantasy XIII. And God of War. And Metal Gear Solid. You know, all those single player, linear games that struggled to crack a milli- oh. Wait. All those games sold at least 2 million. "DuRR some of those games had multiplayer in later installments!" So what? They still had plenty of installments without multiplayer that sold millions. And in the case of Bioshock and Metal Gear, nobody played them online anyway. Even if it isn't linear, you can't just ignore Skyrim's 10+ million and go "durr single player games are dead."
#158RD_21Posted 2/7/2013 1:49:17 PM
malicemizerfan posted...

and when did I say they should sell less? I just stated why I don't like them. Reading, how does it work?

For the reading comprehension I think I figured the misunderstanding. I was talking about THIS guy

vgman94 posted...
Gamers have been proven to be self-entitled since Crash Bandicoot. Ugh, you should've been there. Crying about the designs including the MC's lips, crying about how "itz nawt s'posed 2 hav fiteing!" and other arguments that would come across as childish to put it kindly, to anyone who has their priorities straight. If the gaming community was smarter in general, games like Sonic Unleashed, DmC, Asura's Wrath, Prototype and Darksiders (both their games) and more would get twice or thrice their sales while games like Uncharted, Mario and COD would get halved. But gamers these days don't really care for style or legitimately hard work, so what can you do?

I read the whole thread by bits and didn't realised the guy who said that at first wasn't the same guy who injected himself in the UC debate saying he didn't like the hollywoodifying of it.

As for hollywoodifying, while I don't think every game should nor would I want them, I like it from time to time and personally enjoy Uncharted, but to each is own.

Anyway I am not here as your enemy it's just that since you claimed you enjoy or would enjoy it if it wasn't a DMC I thought it may be better for you to just accept that it has moved on.

As for the rest of your post, if the piss taste good you don't care anymore that it's piss? And whether it's better or not than the former game is subjective and not for you to decide. What I mean is that Capcom wanted to grow the fanbase of the game and it may and probably has backfire. But you think they spit in your face, but they probably think the same.

They said they wanted to reboot and do some new things with it most of the fanbase attacked them right there. They said they would not do another DMC because they wanted bigger numbers and wanted to do something different to appeal to more people, but you see it as a cashgrab.

Capcom probably feel just as betrayed by its original fanbase as you feel betrayed. They asked the fanbase to give them the benefit of the doubt and all the fanbase did was spit back att hem thinking they were spit on. It's like Metallica selling out because they made a videoclip all over again. They wanted to reach bigger number and instead of supporting it you felt like they were giving you a big middle finger.

I know nothing I can say will change how you feel and I don't pretend to be right either, I just like to see things from both sides.

But one thing is for sure, if gamers could reject the free to play model as hard as you rejected DmC before it is too late I wouldn't mind it.

I have nothing against the freedom of complaining, voicing your concern or giving constructive criticism but even you I am sure can admit that this board is over the top.

Capcom chose to evolve DmC and wanted you to come along, but you didn't. I don't think it's as black and white as Capcom are evil and are pissing on you telling you to like it.

Maybe Tameem did, but so what? Who cares? You guys just care too much (not that it's really wrong), but I was only following this game from afar and never knew Tameem had been a big PR dick to you guys, because only you felt like he was personally attacking you. If you had give them the benefit of the doubt until the final product was release instead of freaking out every day and lashing out at them they probably would have never responded the way you guys felt was inappropriate.

Again, not saying they never did anything wrong, but the fact that you claim you could enjoy the game if the stake weren't so high for you, shows that you are too involved in it, no?
#159wwinterj25Posted 2/7/2013 1:56:49 PM
happychappy654 posted...
Nobody forced you to buy the game,

A lot didn't. That's why there is all this butthurt from folk like yourself.
http://i.imgur.com/8DE8J.gif
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#160Malus_X6Posted 2/7/2013 2:01:08 PM
happychappy654 posted...
Nobody forced you to buy the game,

A lot didn't. That's why there is all this butthurt from folk like yourself.
http://i.imgur.com/8DE8J.gif

How dare you!

There's nothing in this or any other universe that would constitute you using a picture of such a great man in such a demeaning manner!
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI