This proves gamers are self entitled brats

#161malicemizerfanPosted 2/7/2013 3:12:09 PM
I know deep down, this could have been a good game. they only made one(okay, many, but they all stem from one) mistake with it, and that was in using the DMC name with it. and of course, the massive pr campaign against anyone who didn't immediately gravel at their feet for "saving" something that didn't really need it. the game had respectable numbers before, but after the absolutely massive ****storm that got kicked up from this one, it's probably dead.

That makes me both sad, and happy at the same time. It makes me happy because they won't be able to make anymore of these, but at the same time I'm sad that it cost me something I loved. Its why I fight with such fire, I see it as I've already lost, so there is no reason to hold back.

and on hollywooding games, it does have its place, but they don't have to make every part of the game seem like the climax, it devalues that feeling when you actually reach the climax of the game. The feeling that now is the time to give it one's all, everything or nothing. if that's how the entire game feels, how is the "finale" sequence(lead up, final boss, {optional} escape, epilogue) supposed to be special?
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#162shatterstarPosted 2/7/2013 3:20:31 PM
Urukazzi posted...
shatterstar posted...
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

don't think that it proves tha Gamers are self entitled brats. But rather proves that linear games with no online multiplayer or co-op, aren't worth throwing money away on.

DmC has indeed broke 1 million and months down the line, will eventually hit that 1.2 million mark that they've set now. Which puts it in the 1 million mark with DMC1,2,and 3.

But the goal was to out sell DMC4 which is sad to say, DmC didn't accomplish. So now will Capcom feel the need to continue investing money into a franchise that they've tried to make new and fresh which fits right into their goals or just continue to focus on making new IP's and put the DMC franchise on the back-burner.

I'm pretty sure we'll get the answer to that question very soon.

Ha, yeah. Just like some of those other failures, like Bioshock. And Dead Space. And Final Fantasy XIII. And God of War. And Metal Gear Solid. You know, all those single player, linear games that struggled to crack a milli- oh. Wait. All those games sold at least 2 million. "DuRR some of those games had multiplayer in later installments!" So what? They still had plenty of installments without multiplayer that sold millions. And in the case of Bioshock and Metal Gear, nobody played them online anyway. Even if it isn't linear, you can't just ignore Skyrim's 10+ million and go "durr single player games are dead."

Someone doesn't know the present from the past...lol.

Was the economy in bad shape when MG, Bioshock, etc..etc... came out? No. Were companies closing down studios that they own left and right just to stay a float? No.

Past and present mate, buy a clue.

PS: Skyrim and Final Fantasy are both RPG's, Bioshock is a first person shooter, and Dead Space is a 3rd person shooter. They're not from this genre.

As to keep up with the sales in this economy, they've decided to add co-op and multiplayer to GoW. So ask yourself why...... Wait! I've already given you the answer..lol.

So now you don't have to buy another clue mate.
#163rockman11_zPosted 2/7/2013 3:26:26 PM
shatterstar posted...
Urukazzi posted...
shatterstar posted...
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

don't think that it proves tha Gamers are self entitled brats. But rather proves that linear games with no online multiplayer or co-op, aren't worth throwing money away on.

DmC has indeed broke 1 million and months down the line, will eventually hit that 1.2 million mark that they've set now. Which puts it in the 1 million mark with DMC1,2,and 3.

But the goal was to out sell DMC4 which is sad to say, DmC didn't accomplish. So now will Capcom feel the need to continue investing money into a franchise that they've tried to make new and fresh which fits right into their goals or just continue to focus on making new IP's and put the DMC franchise on the back-burner.

Ha, yeah. Just like some of those other failures, like Bioshock. And Dead Space. And Final Fantasy XIII. And God of War. And Metal Gear Solid. You know, all those single player, linear games that struggled to crack a milli- oh. Wait. All those games sold at least 2 million. "DuRR some of those games had multiplayer in later installments!" So what? They still had plenty of installments without multiplayer that sold millions. And in the case of Bioshock and Metal Gear, nobody played them online anyway. Even if it isn't linear, you can't just ignore Skyrim's 10+ million and go "durr single player games are dead."

Was the economy in bad shape when MG, Bioshock, etc..etc... came out? No.

PS: Skyrim and Final Fantasy are both RPG's, Bioshock is a first person shooter, and Dead Space is a 3rd person shooter. They're not from this genre.

As to keep up with the sales in this economy, they've decided to add co-op and multiplayer to GoW. So ask yourself why...... Wait! I've already given you the answer..lol.

Metal Gear Solid 4 and DMC 4 came out in 2008, right? Both linear games that came out on recession year yet they sold well.

Oh wait, God of War 3 came out in 2010 which still is a year of economic bad times.

Done trolling? Ready for serious discussion?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#164UrukazziPosted 2/7/2013 3:35:09 PM

Was the economy in bad shape when MG, Bioshock, etc..etc... came out? No. Were companies closing down studios that they own left and right just to stay a float? No.

GoW 3 and FF XIII came out in 2010. The economy wasn't really much worse than it is now.

You didn't say anything about this genre. You said "linear games with no online multiplayer or co-op, aren't worth throwing money away on."

On the other hand, Bioshock Infinite is axing the multiplayer. Capcom themselves just released a new single player IP in Dragon's Dogma. So clearly there's still some confidence in single player games.
#165happychappy654(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:55:12 PM
RD_21 posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
English isn't my first language, thus I might be wrong here, but being entitled to something would mean that I expect something to be given/please me because I ''deserve'' it? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Now, I'm a costumer. I bought nearly all Capcom's games. I supported the damn company and helped make it what it became.

They can have my money, but I can't say that I dislike what they did to their franchise?

He is not saying you can't complain, but he's saying that the mentality of saying it's a bad game or wanting to destroy it and fight it to the death is being entitled. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

Spot on. This topic does prove my point, right down to the bone. I knew it would.
#166shatterstarPosted 2/7/2013 3:56:31 PM
rockman11_z posted...
shatterstar posted...
Urukazzi posted...
shatterstar posted...
happychappy654 posted...

Was the economy in bad shape when MG, Bioshock, etc..etc... came out? No.

Metal Gear Solid 4 and DMC 4 came out in 2008, right? Both linear games that came out on recession year yet they sold well.

Oh wait, God of War 3 came out in 2010 which still is a year of economic bad times.

Done trolling? Ready for serious discussion?

Mate!

The economy doesn't stop dropping when there's nothing being done to stop it from getting worst. Use a bit of common sense...please!

I guess it's true that videogames are really screwing with peoples thought processes...lol.
#167Vergil92Posted 2/7/2013 3:59:42 PM
TC is a well known troll. Please do not feed him >.>
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#168darkdragon_9600Posted 2/7/2013 4:00:16 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
English isn't my first language, thus I might be wrong here, but being entitled to something would mean that I expect something to be given/please me because I ''deserve'' it? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Now, I'm a costumer. I bought nearly all Capcom's games. I supported the damn company and helped make it what it became.

They can have my money, but I can't say that I dislike what they did to their franchise?

He is not saying you can't complain, but he's saying that the mentality of saying it's a bad game or wanting to destroy it and fight it to the death is being entitled. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

But that brings it to the other point: DmC might take DMC's place. Should we sit by and lose a franchise because Capcom wants more money? Personally. I think it's a meh game, but don't want it to crash and burn. Only for it not to take DMC's place.

However, if that's what it takes for us to keep DMC, so be it. I'd rather have Capcom's "Your money is not good enough" ways to blow up on their face.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#169Dr3adn0ugh7Posted 2/7/2013 4:00:51 PM
Literally the only industry where it is okay to attack the consumer and defend the corporations.

OP is a ******.

Apply yourself OP, there might be hope for you in the real world yet.
#170Vergil92Posted 2/7/2013 4:06:45 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
TheBestGman2007 posted...
vgman94 posted...
Gamers have been proven to be self-entitled since Crash Bandicoot. Ugh, you should've been there. Crying about the designs including the MC's lips, crying about how "itz nawt s'posed 2 hav fiteing!" and other arguments that would come across as childish to put it kindly, to anyone who has their priorities straight. If the gaming community was smarter in general, games like Sonic Unleashed, DmC, Asura's Wrath, Prototype and Darksiders (both their games) and more would get twice or thrice their sales while games like Uncharted, Mario and COD would get halved. But gamers these days don't really care for style or legitimately hard work, so what can you do?

Did you just seriosly group Uncharted with COD? Good lord. I mean... What?!

its basically tomb raider for the CoD crowd.

lol What? Have you even played TR and Uncharted?
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy