This proves gamers are self entitled brats

#181lokithefoolPosted 2/7/2013 5:19:30 PM
happychappy654 posted...
Vergil92 posted...
TC is a well known troll. Please do not feed him >.>

This here folks, is a prime example of someone refusing to recognize what someone is actually saying, merely so they can continue to argue an imaginary point. Strawman fallacy I believe.

After all, if you're calling me a troll you clearly aren't acknowledging the point. Not to mention that the vast majority of people are upset at my posts - the only reason for being so would be because people are oversensitive or simply hypocrites in that I'm.essentially being told to be quiet due to MY view....Yet the antis cannot handle being told that the way they express themselves is overly childish, obsessive and just plain...pathetic.

It is kind of insulting if you think the overall community on this board is dumb enough not to see you are clearly trying to get a rise out of people. Hence why people are calling you a troll. Now as far as your points go they to are meaningless when you stoop to insulting the person you are trying to debate with.
#182Damien94Posted 2/7/2013 5:22:10 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
English isn't my first language, thus I might be wrong here, but being entitled to something would mean that I expect something to be given/please me because I ''deserve'' it? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Yes, you are correct. "You are entitled to a trial if you are accused of a crime", for example.

However, it is also used incorrectly by a lot of people as a negative insult. Generally when people complain about games, they call them "entitled children", for example. The insulter believes that the person complaining doesn't deserve to complain.

It makes me sad every time I see some idiot incorrectly using the term. Protip for idiots that don't know how to use it: You can tell someone they're NOT entitled to whatever they are complaining about, but the complaining doesn't make them "entitled".
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#183happychappy654(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:25:19 PM(edited)
tehXdemiXazn posted...
Only posting because your incorrect use of fallacies irritates me. That's an ad hominem, dismissing an argument via an attack on your character. Use your logic terms correctly or not at all.

Nope. Strawman fallacy - arguing a point nobody made in an effort to avoid arguing the actual point and instead attempt to discredit the person.

Psuedo intellect detected as predicted in my first post.
#184tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 5:27:16 PM
happychappy654 posted...
tehXdemiXazn posted...
Only posting because your incorrect use of fallacies irritates me. That's an ad hominem, dismissing an argument via an attack on your character. Use your logic terms correctly or not at all.

Nope. Strawman fallacy - arguing a point nobody made in an effort to avoid discussing the actual point the person made.

There is difference in not seeing where you are wrong and purposefully not seeing where you are wrong. You are doing the latter. Unfortunately for you this wasn't an opinion, but a factual statement. He used an ad hominem. You are using a red herring to distract from your original post because you are just seeking to provoke responses. Again, only posting because idiots like you piss me off. And while I'm at it a straw man involves purposefully misrepresenting an opposing opinion in a fashion that renders it logically unsound so as to knock it down with counterarguments. Hence knocking down the straw man. fail.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#185happychappy654(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:32:45 PM
tehXdemiXazn posted...
happychappy654 posted...
tehXdemiXazn posted...

Nope. Strawman fallacy - arguing a point nobody made in an effort to avoid discussing the actual point the person made.

There is difference in not seeing where you are wrong and purposefully not seeing where you are wrong. You are doing the latter. Unfortunately for you this wasn't an opinion, but a factual statement. He used an ad hominem. You are using a red herring to distract from your original post because you are just seeking to provoke responses. Again, only posting because idiots like you piss me off. And while I'm at it a straw man involves purposefully misrepresenting an opposing opinion in a fashion that renders it logically unsound so as to knock it down with counterarguments. Hence knocking down the straw man. fail.

It pisses you off huh? Not my issue. You still don't get my point do you? I've been accused of telling people they don't have a right to complain. Not once have I said that. The way people go about complaining is the issue. My point is being intentionally misrepresented by people like you.

Hence - A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

You may stop speaking now. The "wannabe intellect" vibe is silly.
#186ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 5:38:06 PM
happychappy654 posted...
You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#187tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 5:43:24 PM
Anyone with even a basic grasp of logic can see that you're just plain wrong. Your repeated attempts to use an ad hominem against me are also ineffective. No one cares about or agrees with your opinion because your opinion is poorly supported with valid and sound arguments. It truly is a shame that I am compelled to keep responding and bumping this topic until you realize where you are: the logical corner that you created for yourself that has no way out except via false information and nonsequiter ideas.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#188El_ZaggyPosted 2/7/2013 5:47:12 PM
happychappy654 posted...
You all act as though you're entitled to have the game tailored exactly to your own personal tastes - right down to the core. Nobody forced you to buy the game, the developers are not obligated to create a video game to please you so called "hardcore fans" (aka weeboos). Nor are you entitled to insult them because you went ahead and bought the game before a decent amount of user reviews, opinions and user videos were available.

Professional reviewers are also not obligated to agree with you. If you don't like the game, tough. Either sell it, return it or reconcile yourself with the fact a video game you purchased hasn't been created specifically to satisfy your own personal tastes in every single little abstract way.

You are self entitled brats and it's quite sad that you think the world should revolve around you. Move on, play something else and stop visiting this board purely to piss and moan, and make topic after topic about how much you hate DmC.

The game has sold 1 million copies, do you honestly think every one of those people resides on gamefaqs, complaining endlessly? You are not a majority. There are people who love the game, though they're probably busy playing it instead of acting like self entitled children.

I await your reporting of this topic, your pseudo intellectual replies and childish retorts.

I'll give you an example.
Final fantasy xiii sold a bunch of millions copies. But in fact the game is terrible and it was s**t. while a vast majority didnt voice their opinion, itsa considered bad by most people who bought it. And dont forget that most people dont comes on message boards complains how bad is it.

You cant take sales numbers and tell people they are a minority. IN fact, I, personnally, irl, knows no one that likes DMC. But I know about 20 people that dislike it. People that bought it, played it. And they all regret it. But they dont come complain on the messages board how bad is it.

anyway. thats about it.
#189thisranksPosted 2/7/2013 5:51:07 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Publishers are not entitled to our money.

Also your numbers are wrong, but i'll let someone else straighten you out.

Publishers aren't entitled to follow how a specific gamer expects a game to be developed, either. It's a vicious but necessary circle. At least you can control whether you purchase it or not. Developers have to create and hope for the best.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#190ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 5:53:09 PM
thisranks posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Publishers are not entitled to our money.

Also your numbers are wrong, but i'll let someone else straighten you out.

Publishers aren't entitled to follow how a specific gamer expects a game to be developed, either. It's a vicious but necessary circle. At least you can control whether you purchase it or not. Developers have to create and hope for the best.

And where exactly do "journalists" and developers get the right to treat people like they are wrong for not buying in said circle?
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA