Antis you are the minority

#81qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/7/2013 1:48:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#82StrawHatLustigPosted 2/7/2013 1:53:12 PM
I personally think both antis and pros are in the minority. The majority are the people who don't care about this franchise at all, whether it be DmC or DMC5. The gamingsphere has changed drastically since the release of DMC4. These kind of games are not considered sellers. It's officially a niche market.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, DMC: Devil May Cry, The Legend of Dragoon
#83craelonPosted 2/7/2013 2:23:06 PM
Modern Warfare, Assasins Creed, and Resident Evil 6

I'd like to know what world you live in. Sounds like a place with really unique games getting the sales and reception they deserve. Unfortunately, the only one listed that didn't receive 10/10s across the board from reputable game journalism sites is Resident Evil 6. AND GUESS WHAT!? Capcom has announced they're not going to continue with the current Resident Evil series and are going to attempt a reboot of it. Probably hiring some small company that has mild success in making games and give them a chance to do something with the big boys. *coughninjatheory*
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#84lokithefoolPosted 2/7/2013 2:50:26 PM
craelon posted...
Modern Warfare, Assasins Creed, and Resident Evil 6

I'd like to know what world you live in. Sounds like a place with really unique games getting the sales and reception they deserve. Unfortunately, the only one listed that didn't receive 10/10s across the board from reputable game journalism sites is Resident Evil 6. AND GUESS WHAT!? Capcom has announced they're not going to continue with the current Resident Evil series and are going to attempt a reboot of it. Probably hiring some small company that has mild success in making games and give them a chance to do something with the big boys. *coughninjatheory*

Yeah, but resident evil NEEDs a reboot badly.
#85wwinterj25Posted 2/7/2013 3:00:32 PM(edited)
parthos566 posted...
you mad about DmC go play the HD Collection because you won't be seeing DMC 5 for a long time if ever....

Here is the thing. A lot are playing the DMC HD collection and have not bought this. Hence the flop. We might not see DMC 5 but DmC is dead before it even got going and a sequel will be suicide. At the end of the day antis have won either way.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#86UrukazziPosted 2/7/2013 3:18:44 PM
craelon posted...
Your wrong. The sole and only reason Capcom rebooted was because they wanted more sales than DMC4.

No it is not. Also, *you're*

Devil May Cry 4 got pretty decent sales but received very poor reception from critics and even fans. DmC is the exact opposite. They rebooted the series because, whether you believe it or not, publishers do care about their public reception. If Devil May Cry 4 got poor reviews or at least reviews lower than their expectations then you bet your ass they'll make some big changes in the future. Money is important but at the same time it is nothing. If one game made lots of money but at the same time received poor reviews then the game is less likely to continue as a franchise.

A financial success for one game is not enough to convince a publisher to continue the franchise. It must have both, financial success and critical acclaim. To continue a series that got poor reviews or negative reception, EVEN IF IT SOLD REALLY WELL, is basically company suicide. Why do you think it took so long for them to release Devil May Cry 3? Why do you think there was never a sequel to the freaking E.T. game on Atari!? E.T. was one of the highest selling games of its generation, if what you're saying is true then it would have been a perfect game to make a sequel for. The answer, too much of a risk. They had to wait a good long while before they released Devil May Cry 3 (so people would forget the atrocity of Devil May Cry 2 and give the series another chance).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/262771/devil-may-cry-5-will-have-western-touch-inafune/

In an interview with Spanish gaming site 3D Juegos Inafune said the new direction would help maximise sales by appealing to a broader audience.

"The reason is that, despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, their sales are not particularly high, especially overseas." said Inafune. '

Though Inafune discussed Devil May Cry 5 openly, he didn't confirm the game was actually in development. Instead, he teased fans by saying 'when' the game does begin development, it will be quite different from the previous titles in the series.

"Devil May Cry 5 is a game that, when started development, this will change a lot in relation to the above," he added.

"Durr Inafune said that, and he left Capcom!" This interview was posted in September 2010, and the first trailer for DmC was in the same month. Pretty sure he knew what was going on.

I know there was another interview where someone from Capcom straight up compared DMC4 sales to GoW, but I can't find it.

And if Capcom gave a damn about their PR, they would have told Ol' Tammy to shut his mouth the first time he mouthed off about the old games, and actually tried to calm the fans down, instead of badmouthing them.
#87MrStarkillerPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:14 AM
You ladies done kissing in here?
#88Muscle BusterPosted 2/8/2013 5:29:04 AM
XD
---
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4CL4Y2Cx0 / http://tinyurl.com/8ccm7pv