Why this game is just as much YOUR fault as NT and Capcom's.

#21Bloodmoon77Posted 2/6/2013 10:11:14 PM
LOL as if the fans make a difference, ESPECIALLY Capcom's fans. Bwahaha.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/29usk12.png
#22Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 10:11:23 PM
Taizuku posted...

If all the angry antis had taken the time to write a calm petition, or a letter, short even, instead of arguing and fuming about the game, we could've gotten something done.

Had we conversed without screaming at each other and insulting each other, we'd probably agree and not have to resort to trolling constantly.

Nope, it wouldn't have mattered at all. It would have been completely ineffective. Tameem flat-out said he didn't care what the fanbase thought or wanted. Flat out stated, "I don't care".

Furthermore, by the time the "outrage" started, the game was much too far into development to fix it. And tbqh, petitions are ignored more often than not. If you want to be heard, you have to be loud.

Now, I do agree with you that there are some real ***hats on both sides that don't contribute whatsoever. They are worthless. But you really have no right to lump the majority of antis in with them. The majority of antis were not cursing and being rude all the time.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#23Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:11:40 PM
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Take into account, for every constructive comment, there was 3 douches screaming and throwing tantrums.

This does not forgive being a needless dick to the few that are being polite about it.

It doesn't need to forgive it, just explain it. Game dev or not, he's a regular person, there's only so much abuse a person will take until they flip out. It happens to the best of us.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#24NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/6/2013 10:12:23 PM
Taizuku posted...
I have never seen an anti give a calm reasoning for why they dislike it to a pro and not be condescending.

But that's not even what I'm talking about. Why weren't you writing Capcom? Why was proving SlaveBlade or ShatterStar wrong more important than saving the series you loved so much.

And then take into account, the ones that didn't behave that way, you let the ones that did be on the forefront. The dumb, loud, cursing types were the ones leaving the impressions and actually talking to Capcom and NT. What kind of sense does that make? That would be like me allowing some hoodrat to give my children a talk that I should be giving them.

You allowed individuals to give you all a bad image. Same for the pros. No one stopped it, you all just went along with the jokes and insulted anyone just as bad as they did.

All right. I do not like DmC and I am going to give a calm response as to why I do not. And I won't be condescending or rude or anything like that.

-I don't like the story in DmC
-I don't like the characters in DmC
-I don't like how Ebony and Ivory in DmC
-I don't like how they drastically changed everything in DmC. Especially Dante and Vergil

Those are my reasons for not liking DmC. I like the original DMC with the original Dante. If someone likes DmC, then all right then. I won't bash anyone for liking it, but I will not buy this new DmC or support it.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#25360pagesPosted 2/6/2013 10:12:53 PM
Taizuku posted...
360pages posted...
People twitted TamTam pointing out flaws in the game, he insulted them and left. Can't get any better than asking the head man himself, but once again he put his fingers in his ears and ignored it.

You can't point out flaws in a rude way and expect someone to take it kindly. If you were an artist, and I came up and said "YOUR ART LOOKS DUMB, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DREW IT LIKE THIS, IT LOOKS COMPLETELY IDIOTIC BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE THE LAST DRAWING YOU DID!"

You'd probably catch a pissy attitude with me right back.

Take into account, for every constructive comment, there was 3 douches screaming and throwing tantrums.

As a writer, even when someone flames my work (Though never has anyone actually flamed my work, only pointing out the flaws.) I take everything in consideration. Being an artist is about finding every way to improve yourself, no matter who it's from. As long as you do not lose sight of the original vision.

The thing is, a lot of the complaints were gameplay related, not story. So NT should have listened even if it was presented in a rather rude way.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#26Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 10:12:53 PM
Taizuku posted...
I have never seen an anti give a calm reasoning for why they dislike it to a pro and not be condescending.

That's complete BS. And you've been around enough that you can't even be saying that out of ignorance. Unless this is your brother who hijacked your account or something... >.>
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#27Rising_shadowPosted 2/6/2013 10:12:54 PM
He's not a regular person at all. He's the public face of a company that relies on us to survive. Guess what, don't take a dump from the plate you feed from.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#28malicemizerfanPosted 2/6/2013 10:13:15 PM
Taizuku posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

This does not forgive being a needless dick to the few that are being polite about it.

It doesn't need to forgive it, just explain it. Game dev or not, he's a regular person, there's only so much abuse a person will take until they flip out. It happens to the best of us.

so its as much our fault as his for the game being ruined, when he outright refused to listen to us, and any civil attempts got trolled. that makes no sense.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#29Sephivengeance9Posted 2/6/2013 10:13:40 PM
Taizuku posted...
Sephivengeance9 posted...
Considering that Tam-tam, Capcom and the "pros" went as far as to spit in the face of even those pointing out legitimate flaws and issues with DmC and deflect said legitimate issues by bringing up "the hair" is it any wonder the "antis" along with many other people stopped taking this game seriously?

First of all, the hate DID start with the hair. The image change was the origin of all the bad feelings and hatred towards this game, and people say it's not, but even still people are quick to insult Dante's appearance.

If you're still insulting his appearance, it's no wonder people will say "it's the hair", that's what you're showing them.

It stopped being about "the hair" long before the full game released. The only insults you'll find nowadays about Dante is the fact that he's a poorly written character, not that, that means much, DmC in it's entirety is poorly written, but you should get my point. I'll also think you'll find that people pointing out legitimate issues most likely took a "I'll wait for more info before I judge" upon seeing the first trailer.

What you're presently doing is lumping EVERYONE that has a problem with DmC together. I personally just come to this board now because it's entertaining. Buuuuut, every so often I will take the board seriously enough to post something with a little more substance.

The fact is, despite the backlash, Capcom continued with their ill-fated march forward. They ignored the fans, and mode no effort whatsoever to reassure them that they understood. Ultimately, fans voiced their opinion in the only way that Capcom would listen to and didn't buy the game.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#30rice_noodlesPosted 2/6/2013 10:14:29 PM
Taizuku posted...
rice_noodles posted...
but the fact can't be ignored that if ALL OF US as a collective fanbase had acted like we had some damn sense, we probably could've fixed some of this game's issues.

Yeah, we acted such collectively with Megaman Legends 3 that Capc-... Oh wait.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I don't play MM so I don't even know, nor do I care what happened to, or with it.

You are talking about how we should have acted with Capcom, and yet you don't know or even care how Capcom reacts to a fanbase's actions.

Good job. Clap clap.