Why this game is just as much YOUR fault as NT and Capcom's.

#51malicemizerfanPosted 2/6/2013 10:33:17 PM
Taizuku posted...
RetsuxD posted...
You said you'd chill if people would stop arguing, yet you made a thread that incites more arguing.

I really fail to see the logic.

I didn't incite any arguing. I didn't call anyone in particular out. I didn't insult any one in particular or a certain group at all. In fact I was quite general about the matter. The fact that you chose to take it and form it into an argument speaks volumes about you as a person and proves my point further, in that we're arguing for no reason.

we're arguing because you said anti's CANNOT argue politely, and yet here we are, arguing politely. so that breaks your argument.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#52stevenbobPosted 2/6/2013 10:33:54 PM
this thread is hilarious TC thinks if you get mad once you are now not fit to criticize this game but who cares
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#53Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 10:36:35 PM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
<

Okay, so I'm going to use your own analogy, and explain to you why you just proved my point.

You just created the premise: People never eat cheeseburgers for breakfast.

In saying that, you're saying NO ONE, EVER, EATS CHEESEBURGERS FOR BREAKFAST.

If, one day a week, they do eat cheeseburgers, then your premise, is in fact, incorrect.

Now let's apply it to this situation.

Antis are never civil and calm while voicing their opinions.

If, one day a week, they are calm and civil, and the rest of the week they are not, my premise is wrong no?

In other words, prove me wrong by showing me, not by using poorly crafted metaphors.

O_O

*psst.... is this guy for real?*

"If one day a week they are calm and civl and the rest of the week they are not, my premise is wrong, no?"

"...my premise is wrong, no?"

Yup, that's exactly what I was pointing out. That your premise was wrong. And then when your premise was challenged you changed to "even the best antis sometimes were rude". You implied the qualifier sometimes.

Now, change days and weeks to posts and threads and you've got it right.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#54chaotix247Posted 2/6/2013 10:35:20 PM
We are all disgustingly immature.

No we are customers. We put money into their pockets, therefore we dictate their outcome, so listen to us or pay the price. End of the story. That's what a business is supposed to do. Customer retention.
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3
#55GoreGrossPosted 2/6/2013 10:40:15 PM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
rice_noodles posted...
but the fact can't be ignored that if ALL OF US as a collective fanbase had acted like we had some damn sense, we probably could've fixed some of this game's issues.

Yeah, we acted such collectively with Megaman Legends 3 that Capc-... Oh wait.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I don't play MM so I don't even know, nor do I care what happened to, or with it.

You are talking about how we should have acted with Capcom, and yet you don't know or even care how Capcom reacts to a fanbase's actions.

Good job. Clap clap.

I didn't own a 3DS in the time period of MML3's production cycle, I didn't know the game existed until it was canceled, I'm not (nor was I ever) a fan of MML3, or any Megaman installment for that matter. However, that is totally irrelevant.

Your aim here was to promote civil discussion (or discourage trolling). You challenged antis, told them that they should have written petitions and demonstrated more constructive feedback to Capcom to earn what they thought should remain in the Devil May Cry reboot.

The gentleman above me gave you an example of the futility that would be (and was) met with taking this game seriously. You dismissed his point only because the other game in discussion (which was being developed by Capcom) is irrelevant to you personally. This discussion will go nowhere if you refute historical evidence with personal opinion.

---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#56Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:37:30 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
Taizuku posted...
RetsuxD posted...
You said you'd chill if people would stop arguing, yet you made a thread that incites more arguing.

I really fail to see the logic.

I didn't incite any arguing. I didn't call anyone in particular out. I didn't insult any one in particular or a certain group at all. In fact I was quite general about the matter. The fact that you chose to take it and form it into an argument speaks volumes about you as a person and proves my point further, in that we're arguing for no reason.

we're arguing because you said anti's CANNOT argue politely, and yet here we are, arguing politely. so that breaks your argument.

I never said antis CANNOT argue politely, I said "I have not seen"

That's a premise, when something isn't factually based. I haven't made a conclusion yet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#57Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 10:39:15 PM
Taizuku posted...

I never said antis CANNOT argue politely, I said "I have not seen"

Which is a boldfaced lie. Unless this is actually Taizuku's little brother or sadistic older brother.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#58Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:39:44 PM
Damien94 posted...
Taizuku posted...
<

Okay, so I'm going to use your own analogy, and explain to you why you just proved my point.

You just created the premise: People never eat cheeseburgers for breakfast.

In saying that, you're saying NO ONE, EVER, EATS CHEESEBURGERS FOR BREAKFAST.

If, one day a week, they do eat cheeseburgers, then your premise, is in fact, incorrect.

Now let's apply it to this situation.

Antis are never civil and calm while voicing their opinions.

If, one day a week, they are calm and civil, and the rest of the week they are not, my premise is wrong no?

In other words, prove me wrong by showing me, not by using poorly crafted metaphors.

change days and weeks to posts and threads and you've got it right.

I did. I said (a few posts ago mind you) if your first post is nice...your second one isn't...

Yeah, that's pretty much the exact scenario I was talking about, as in a switch up in a single thread.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#59FireMage7777Posted 2/6/2013 10:39:54 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
antking61 posted...
The calmer Antis tried to make intelligent arguments. They just got told to get over the hair and shut up or straight up got called liars.

Or told their complaints had no basis in reality and to wait for the final build of the game which miraculously changed nothing they had complained of in the demo.

Wooo!

These. When I first got here I gave my reason and was trolled to all hell, including by you TC. So when in Rome...

Your mistake was that you didn't front-load your posts with hollow praise to make yourself appear unbiased to the discriminating pros on this board. You just jumped straight in there and said "Man, this game has an awful autolock and stinger doesn't work a third of the time as it should!"

Instead, you should've gone and eased into your malcontent. "While there's a few things I like about this game and how Limbo is all crazy and abstract and the textures at this one point aren't completely offensive, the auto-lock in this game is rather poor and I wish Stinger would only work as it intended all the time instead of a technical majority of it."

That's what we call constructive criticism around these parts because you have to stoke the egos of those users whose egos... don't really need to be stoked as they have no creative input or any real time invested in the game's development whatsoever.

Something to keep in mind for when the inevitable DmC2 rolls around.

My job isn't to baby people on the internet...speaking of Rome...where did that Romerandom#'s troll ever go?
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#60Psychochild27Posted 2/6/2013 10:41:21 PM
Whatever the TC's name is posted...
I mean or you could've just said "I'm not really feeling these aspects of the game"

I always got a positive response.

Or I can just post my grievances without having to worry about offending your delicate sensibilities by criticizing a game you've no part in making.