Why this game is just as much YOUR fault as NT and Capcom's.

#81Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:54:38 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...

Shut up Tai. Me and you both know you'll find someway to continue the argument. I rather stop it early.

Well I wouldn't if I weren't being accused of saying things I hadn't said.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#82malicemizerfanPosted 2/6/2013 10:55:31 PM
Taizuku posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...
Damien94 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Calm down Damien. Its over for now. End it while we can.

I'm not upset. I just point out hypocrisy where I see it.

Tai isn't having any of it. he wants to live in his dream world where anti's are horrible, evil ***hats, and capcom are kind, loving saints who cater to their customer's every whim.

Stop it. Your insults will only fuel the fire. Fighting wont solve anything. Come on. Move out and lets get some drink on me? Or maybe on Malus

Ahah. He implied that I said something that I never did. I'd like to see him back up his claim.

you stated that you've never seen a single anti post anything that wasn't hateful or antagonistic. and you have refused to educate yourself on what capcom does when the fans are respectful, and even helpful.

Claim backed up.

Riposte?
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#83megaultrarice34Posted 2/6/2013 10:55:38 PM
Taizuku posted...
rice_noodles posted...
I'm just still laughing at the idea that Capcom would listen to a fanbase if it took a different approach, and how historical evidence of that not happening is somehow irrelevant.

I still have no idea what you're talking about, so I still can't comment on it..if you show me, I'd likely agree, until then, a simple "okay" will do you fine.

MML3 was a game that was devised of fan inputed ideas and concepts. Capcom basically opened up a thread on Unity and asked what the fans' thoughts were and what they wanted. Fans were ecstatic since they were getting the game that they helped create. A demo was going to be released to the public to allow them to criticize on the work and help Capcom make the game better. Then, out of the blue, the game was canceled and most of its ideas were recycled into the Lost Planet Spinoff, Ex Troopers, that would most likely never get localized.

The worst part of this is? Capcom blamed the cancelation to the fans for not being involved enough.

copied and pasted from my post that apparently was ignored
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#84Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:55:47 PM
Damien94 posted...
Taizuku posted...

Show me.

Gamefaqs doesn't allow me to see all your posts, so I can't go search through them to find them. Otherwise I would gladly do it.

Seems we've met a moot point then. I'll let it be. You're right then. I'm sure there is some scenario that directly goes against what I said, whether I viewed it myself or not.
---
#85DuuuDe14Posted 2/6/2013 10:55:50 PM
For all we know we all probably did something we couldnt remember so just drop it. It wont solve anything. Nobody here is perfect right? So learn from it and improve yourself.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#86Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:56:59 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
Taizuku posted...
rice_noodles posted...
I'm just still laughing at the idea that Capcom would listen to a fanbase if it took a different approach, and how historical evidence of that not happening is somehow irrelevant.

I still have no idea what you're talking about, so I still can't comment on it..if you show me, I'd likely agree, until then, a simple "okay" will do you fine.

MML3 was a game that was devised of fan inputed ideas and concepts. Capcom basically opened up a thread on Unity and asked what the fans' thoughts were and what they wanted. Fans were ecstatic since they were getting the game that they helped create. A demo was going to be released to the public to allow them to criticize on the work and help Capcom make the game better. Then, out of the blue, the game was canceled and most of its ideas were recycled into the Lost Planet Spinoff, Ex Troopers, that would most likely never get localized.

The worst part of this is? Capcom blamed the cancelation to the fans for not being involved enough.

copied and pasted from my post that apparently was ignored

Seems shifty. Any actual reason the game was cancelled? Or all just speculation?
---
#87rice_noodlesPosted 2/6/2013 10:58:29 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/07/capcom_blames_the_fans_for_mega_man_legends_3_cancellation
#88Taizuku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:58:39 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
For all we know we all probably did something we couldnt remember so just drop it. It wont solve anything. Nobody here is perfect right? So learn from it and improve yourself.

You can't improve perfection ;)

No but seriously, lighten up. It's not that serious. It's winding down on it's own see? Relax. It's already over.
---
#89GoreGrossPosted 2/6/2013 10:59:20 PM
GoreGross posted...
Taizuku posted...
rice_noodles posted...
but the fact can't be ignored that if ALL OF US as a collective fanbase had acted like we had some damn sense, we probably could've fixed some of this game's issues.

Yeah, we acted such collectively with Megaman Legends 3 that Capc-... Oh wait.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I don't play MM so I don't even know, nor do I care what happened to, or with it.

You are talking about how we should have acted with Capcom, and yet you don't know or even care how Capcom reacts to a fanbase's actions.

Good job. Clap clap.

I didn't own a 3DS in the time period of MML3's production cycle, I didn't know the game existed until it was canceled, I'm not (nor was I ever) a fan of MML3, or any Megaman installment for that matter. However, that is totally irrelevant.

Your aim here was to promote civil discussion (or discourage trolling). You challenged antis, told them that they should have written petitions and demonstrated more constructive feedback to Capcom to earn what they thought should remain in the Devil May Cry reboot.

The gentleman above me gave you an example of the futility that would be (and was) met with taking this game seriously. You dismissed his point only because the other game in discussion (which was being developed by Capcom) is irrelevant to you personally. This discussion will go nowhere if you refute historical evidence with personal opinion.

I cannot comment on what I know nothing of. I will not bother myself with learning about a situation that has naught to do with the one at hand. That's counterproductive. I'm sorry if you felt as if I was wrong in that aspect, but there is nothing I can do for you about that.

Well, I can educate you.
Capcom is a developer and, if memory serves correctly a publisher. But first and foremost, and most relevant to the discussion at hand, they are developers. No, Capcom did not develop DmC. They left it in the hands of Ninja Theory.

However, I won't be discussing Ninja Theory because they are arguably even less relevant to the discussion than Capcom. Tameem spoke for them all, as the head honcho of Ninja Theory when he blatantly said he didn't care for the criticism DmC would receive, and when he said the game would not require patching. This essentially disqualifies the idea of appealing to him. That's anecdotal evidence.

The head of Ninja Theory is out of the question, so who is there left out there to appeal to? How about the group that outsourced the game themselves? Do some simple deduction and you'll find that Capcom (the guys who outsourced Devil may Cry) and their history of conduct in the field of criticism (constructive or not) from their fan-base, would indicate that they couldn't care less. This is why, though it may seem crazy, the discussion of things Capcom has done in the past, and very recently, are relevant to the discussion of this game.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#90FireMage7777Posted 2/6/2013 11:00:01 PM
I have one thing to say. The fault for the game being what it is, is NOT the fault of the DMC fanbase in any way. To say as much is ludicrous. Capcom has proven time and again that they don't really care about feedback, and have done many things that fans have not wanted even when united for a good cause. I'm not a big MML fan, but what they did with MML3 is a massive statement on how they regard their fans. So if we as a fanbase feel wronged by a reboot, and don't want to buy it for whatever reasons we may find, then so be it
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher