You really gotta wonder...

#1Jereth6Posted 2/7/2013 12:07:52 AM
How different this game would be without the outrageous fan reaction. I mean really?

Dante's look? attitude? story? hell, even the damn wig scene?

So many questions to ponder, what do you think would have happened?
#2produnerPosted 2/7/2013 12:09:49 AM
This has been discussed 495fh94f45f0n times already, the game as a standalone game is average at its best and the story is not it's strongest point.The same feedback has been mentioned by people that didn't play DMC.
#3StepswordsmanPosted 2/7/2013 12:10:09 AM
It would have been another overrated and forgettable NT game. Which it still is.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#4megaultrarice34Posted 2/7/2013 12:11:11 AM
Donte would still smoke and apparently he was captured and interrogated by the Limbo police. His facial model would look more like a monkey too.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#5Jereth6(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:11:58 AM
produner posted...
This has been discussed 495fh94f45f0n times already, the game as a standalone game is average at its best and the story is not it's strongest point.The same feedback has been mentioned by people that didn't play DMC.

That didnt really answer anything, you just said what you thought about the game.
#6produnerPosted 2/7/2013 12:16:01 AM
Jereth6 posted...
produner posted...

That didnt really answer anything, you just said what you thought about the game.

No, the game wouldn't have changed that much. Probably the hair color in the plot and less tweaks in the combat; expect Enslaved kinda combat or simply less tuned gameplay.

NT tuned the combat with capcom's help and added some DLC costumes for the fans, the story and characters might be unchanged.
#7BillysanPosted 2/7/2013 12:18:55 AM
The sales would be even worse.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#8VaruneyPosted 2/7/2013 12:23:46 AM
This game would just be another average one you'd sooner forget. The controversy is the only thing that keeps it alive in people's minds.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#9Damien94Posted 2/7/2013 12:26:01 AM
Now, do you mean without it being tied to the DMC franchise, or at least make it a spin-off? Because that's the only way there wouldn't have been a negative fan reaction. You can't separate the issues.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#10Jereth6(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:37:41 AM
It's just the whole game which I do like and love to play has this eff you attitude, and it seems directed at a *certain group of people.* In ways every piece of dialogue is mocking them, almost as if they were ripped out of the youtube comment section of the 2010 trailer.

people hate on the dialogue, i find it ironic, because that is what a lot people sounded like when criticizing this game.