If you hate this game....

#1Skye_VeranPosted 2/7/2013 1:10:20 AM
I understand why.

Seriously, I do. I LOVE DmC. But there's no lock-on, it's pretty easy, it's too exploitable, the skill ceiling isn't as high as the other games, the story didn't deliver as much as it promised, and the protagonist is, in many cases, annoying.

But I love DmC. I've played it for over a hundred hours because I think it has GREAT style and its combat makes me feel like a total badass. It's paused on my console right now and I will happily continue playing it when I'm finished with this post. That's why its so heartbreaking to come onto these forums only to find them filled with such animosity. Not that I delve into each and every topic, but the mood isn't hard to read. I also know that it's not really a serious issue... a game is a game after all.

But between the angry detractors, the disappointed fans, and - probably my least favorite - the utterly hostile defenders of the new reboot, discussion areas for this game have become so unpleasant that I have to actively avoid them for talking about one of my favorite games just to prevent myself from falling into a bad mood.

This post is pretty pointless; it's not going to solve anything and it's starting to get horribly melodramatic. But it'll make me feel a little better... and maybe some of you guys who are disappointed with this game will feel better knowing that we're not all out to call you stupid haters.

Peace, love and friendship.

SSSENSATIONAL
#2KaptainK00lPosted 2/7/2013 1:12:07 AM
Want.....Bloody.....Palace......noooowwww.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#3NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/7/2013 1:12:34 AM
Skye_Veran posted...
I understand why.

Seriously, I do. I LOVE DmC. But there's no lock-on, it's pretty easy, it's too exploitable, the skill ceiling isn't as high as the other games, the story didn't deliver as much as it promised, and the protagonist is, in many cases, annoying.

But I love DmC. I've played it for over a hundred hours because I think it has GREAT style and its combat makes me feel like a total badass. It's paused on my console right now and I will happily continue playing it when I'm finished with this post. That's why its so heartbreaking to come onto these forums only to find them filled with such animosity. Not that I delve into each and every topic, but the mood isn't hard to read. I also know that it's not really a serious issue... a game is a game after all.

But between the angry detractors, the disappointed fans, and - probably my least favorite - the utterly hostile defenders of the new reboot, discussion areas for this game have become so unpleasant that I have to actively avoid them for talking about one of my favorite games just to prevent myself from falling into a bad mood.

This post is pretty pointless; it's not going to solve anything and it's starting to get horribly melodramatic. But it'll make me feel a little better... and maybe some of you guys who are disappointed with this game will feel better knowing that we're not all out to call you stupid haters.

Peace, love and friendship.

SSSENSATIONAL

Topic approved for being respectful and thoughtful. Welcome to GameFAQs. :)
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#4Boutchie23Posted 2/7/2013 1:13:46 AM
I don't understand people HATING it. I could understand indifference, but hating?
---
PSN | Mandein
#5VaruneyPosted 2/7/2013 1:17:00 AM
The pros/trolls need to learn a thing or two from you, TC.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#6Skye_Veran(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:17:39 AM
KaptainK00l posted...

If not sooner. Aaaaugh.
#7Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 2/7/2013 1:21:50 AM
This is one of the most respectable topics I've ever seen on this board.
---
GT: FroznLockz, PSN: SpectreAlpha
"Tatakai no naka ni, kotai wo aru."
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 2/7/2013 1:22:00 AM
Skye_Veran posted...
KaptainK00l posted...

If not sooner. Aaaaugh.

Should have already had it when you bought the game but nope. Cut content.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#9NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/7/2013 1:23:17 AM
Hiryuu_Tsurugi posted...
This is one of the most respectable topics I've ever seen on this board.

^This.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#10DesverilstyxPosted 2/7/2013 1:35:44 AM
i would agree, no lock on is slightly annoying but that is it, only thing that tends to aggravate me is the half baked camera controls, i've died too many times in or heaven or hell and hell and hell just because of the camera messing up my movements since the game makes an automatic "soft lock" for the player. the story fits well into the DmC universe no matter how you slice it, is this a failed attempt at renovating the game? yes of course it is, if it isnt broken don't fix it but the story answers numerous gaps in the story. i.e why do dante and vergil have such an animosity towards each other? why are vergil and dante the only ones who can fight back against mundus? who was vergil and dante's mother? how did dante and vergil meet? how did it become where demons were in the real world? now we look at most if not all the other games and we find out that they don't answer a single one of these valid points (they might in DMC 4 i've never played it to be honest.) and so what if dante's hair is different, he's portrayed as being much younger so therefore it makes sense, plus it's hair, get over it lol.

and also for your bloody palace that we all know and love, it'll probably be DLC later
---
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates open and doors unbarred."