DMC sales flop = smile on my face

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 2/7/2013 11:12:36 AM
DMC is not a bad game. It's just published by a very bad company. Here are the stats:

-DMC debuted in the UK at #1 but quickly dropped out of the top 5 and is now out of the top 10

-As of today, DMC is not in Amazon's top 100 on the 360 nor in the top 80 on the PS3

-According to VG Chartz (yeah, not the most reliable data but still a decent indicator), after about a month in the wild, DMC hasn't even moved 700K worldwide

-Anything that hurts Capcom is not a bad thing

People will inevitably respond "but if it doesn't sell well, Capcom won't make any more DMC games!!!!11111" To which I reply that I'm willing to let a favored franchise go on long term hiatus (Capcom will NEVER completely shutter DMC) if it hurts arguably the most consumer unfriendly video game company in existence.

As for me, I bought DMC used (not from Gamestop) and have enjoyed it immensely. Not only for the gameplay (although the drop to 30 frames is not ideal) but knowing that I am playing a great hack and slash game while enjoying the fact that Capcom got none of my money in the process. I will most likely sell or trade DMC to the next consumer to pass along a great experience while also letting someone else not put their money in Capcom's undeserving pocket.

P.S. DMC's sales flop does not bode well for Revengeance, a similar hack and slash game designed and published by two far more consumer friendlier companies. Unlike DMC, I will buy Revengeance day 1 brand new because I have no problem ensuring that Platinum and Konami get my money for their hard work.
#2KyryloPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:12 AM
*thumbs up*
#3Pesmerga255Posted 2/7/2013 11:19:20 AM
I can't wait until the 22nd.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4IamthekuzalolPosted 2/7/2013 11:23:26 AM
I don't really hate on Ninja Theory, but i do despise Tameem/Capcom, Pretty glad that this game flopped hard.

Btw, not saying that you are wrong or anything, but try calling this game DmC instead of DMC so as to avoid any misunderstanding or confusion.
#5tehheadPosted 2/7/2013 11:26:01 AM
i can get about platinum is friendly to consumer

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth
#6SK00DXPosted 2/7/2013 11:28:46 AM
Kyrylo posted...
*thumbs up*

This^
Cuz I too would get DmC used, and well get MGR:R on DAY 1(that depends on my money though).
---
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
PSN:Skylark97
#7GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:29:04 AM
tehhead posted...

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth

Sure, Konami has had some misses but at least they don't milk their consumers with all kinds of DLC (that was designed along with the main game), gold editions releases a few months after a barebones first edition, constantly lying to their consumers via Capcom Unity and that empty suit Christian Svensson, etc.
#8KyryloPosted 2/7/2013 11:29:59 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
tehhead posted...

Sure, Konami has had some misses but at least they don't milk their consumers with all kinds of DLC (that was designed along with the main game), gold editions releases a few months after a barebones first edition, constantly lying to their consumers via Capcom Unity and that empty suit Christian Svensson, etc.

you're right. I quit Capcrap after RE6.
#9LoliberryPosted 2/7/2013 11:32:06 AM
I actually agree with TC.

I'm a huge fan of 1, 3 and 4, but man, this game...sadface.
But hey, maybe Capcom will notice this flop and learn from it...yea right.
---
PSN - Deathscythe_x6
#10MoreFunThanTVPosted 2/7/2013 11:34:37 AM
I bought this game new on day 1...

...and if I had a time machine I'd go back in time and tell myself not to buy this turd and get the DMC Collection instead since I ended up taking this back and getting that anyway. It brings me great pain to know that my money contributed to this crap of a game...

Playing DMC3 now for the first time and I think I'd have been more happy paying $60 for it alone than DmC, it just seems to me like a WAY more quality product overall.