1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DMC sales flop = smile on my face

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
4 years ago#11
MoreFunThanTV posted...
I bought this game new on day 1...

...and if I had a time machine I'd go back in time and tell myself not to buy this turd and get the DMC Collection instead since I ended up taking this back and getting that anyway. It brings me great pain to know that my money contributed to this crap of a game...

Playing DMC3 now for the first time and I think I'd have been more happy paying $60 for it alone than DmC, it just seems to me like a WAY more quality product overall.

people like you restores my faith in humanity:D

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
4 years ago#12
MoreFunThanTV posted...

...and if I had a time machine I'd go back in time and tell myself not to buy this turd and get the DMC Collection instead since I ended up taking this back and getting that anyway. It brings me great pain to know that my money contributed to this crap of a game...

Playing DMC3 now for the first time and I think I'd have been more happy paying $60 for it alone than DmC, it just seems to me like a WAY more quality product overall.

Are you motivated now?

User Info: SK00DX

SK00DX
4 years ago#13
Kyrylo posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

people like you restores my faith in humanity:D

Lol xD
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
PSN:Skylark97

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
4 years ago#14
tehhead posted...
i can get about platinum is friendly to consumer

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth

What's wrong with MGS3, 4, and PW? A lot of people like those games. Especially 3

Also, here David Cox's explanation on how Konami works, "The way it works inside Konami is that each studio is an independent entity, almost competing against each other. "

Konami doesn't make games. If a game gets canceled then it usually has something to do with the studios creating the game (original MGS:Rising and Castlevania Dreamcast).

Castlevania LOS was a fine game in its own right, and 2 seems to follow in the vain of a traditional Castlevania due to no chapters and a heavier emphasis on exploration.

Silent Hill has really fallen off though.
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever

User Info: vital_vertigo

vital_vertigo
4 years ago#15
tehhead posted...
i can get about platinum is friendly to consumer

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth

SH Downpour was a good return to form for me(im a long running Silent Hill fan, it like my favorite franchise.)
And all the MGS games are all great.
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board

User Info: GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R
4 years ago#16
I want to make clear. I really like DMC. Yeah, the new look isn't great and 30 frames isn't ideal but neither are game breakers. It is a very well made game.

If it was published by ATLUS or Konami or any other company (except for the other two members of the Axis of Evil, EA and Activision), I would have bought DMC on day 1 because I'm a big fan of the series and I normally want my money to go directly to the game companies.

But because it's Capcom, I made a conscious effort to acquire this and other recent Capcom games used. If you put money in Capcom's pocket, you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DMC sales flop = smile on my face

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived