DMC sales flop = smile on my face

#11KyryloPosted 2/7/2013 11:35:35 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
I bought this game new on day 1...

...and if I had a time machine I'd go back in time and tell myself not to buy this turd and get the DMC Collection instead since I ended up taking this back and getting that anyway. It brings me great pain to know that my money contributed to this crap of a game...

Playing DMC3 now for the first time and I think I'd have been more happy paying $60 for it alone than DmC, it just seems to me like a WAY more quality product overall.

people like you restores my faith in humanity:D
#12RetsuxDPosted 2/7/2013 11:36:34 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...

...and if I had a time machine I'd go back in time and tell myself not to buy this turd and get the DMC Collection instead since I ended up taking this back and getting that anyway. It brings me great pain to know that my money contributed to this crap of a game...

Playing DMC3 now for the first time and I think I'd have been more happy paying $60 for it alone than DmC, it just seems to me like a WAY more quality product overall.

Are you motivated now?
#13SK00DXPosted 2/7/2013 11:37:15 AM
Kyrylo posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

people like you restores my faith in humanity:D

Lol xD
---
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
PSN:Skylark97
#14GigantLuffyPosted 2/7/2013 11:38:58 AM
tehhead posted...
i can get about platinum is friendly to consumer

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth

What's wrong with MGS3, 4, and PW? A lot of people like those games. Especially 3

Also, here David Cox's explanation on how Konami works, "The way it works inside Konami is that each studio is an independent entity, almost competing against each other. "

Konami doesn't make games. If a game gets canceled then it usually has something to do with the studios creating the game (original MGS:Rising and Castlevania Dreamcast).

Castlevania LOS was a fine game in its own right, and 2 seems to follow in the vain of a traditional Castlevania due to no chapters and a heavier emphasis on exploration.

Silent Hill has really fallen off though.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#15vital_vertigoPosted 2/7/2013 11:42:01 AM
tehhead posted...
i can get about platinum is friendly to consumer

but how is konami friendly to consumer if this gen they only produce mediocre games?
SH downpour & , castlevania LOS, AND DON'T SAY MGS 3, 4 & PW plays smooth, only MGS 1 & 2 i can call smooth

SH Downpour was a good return to form for me(im a long running Silent Hill fan, it like my favorite franchise.)
And all the MGS games are all great.
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#16GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:42:44 AM
I want to make clear. I really like DMC. Yeah, the new look isn't great and 30 frames isn't ideal but neither are game breakers. It is a very well made game.

If it was published by ATLUS or Konami or any other company (except for the other two members of the Axis of Evil, EA and Activision), I would have bought DMC on day 1 because I'm a big fan of the series and I normally want my money to go directly to the game companies.

But because it's Capcom, I made a conscious effort to acquire this and other recent Capcom games used. If you put money in Capcom's pocket, you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.