Capcom Wanted GoW Sales Figures

#1fifinamboPosted 2/7/2013 1:08:47 PM
So, why didn't they get them with the previous DMC entries?

I personally think it's because: the marketing is better geared toward Westerners, its spectacle, eye-catching boss battles, a more recognizable theology and drawing in casual gamers with easy button-mashing game mechanics...

I just think DMC needed to ramp up their marketing and perhaps make more spectacle-themed boss battles to show in trailers.

Am I off base here?
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#2bigdom93Posted 2/7/2013 1:24:50 PM
the short answer is Devil may cry 2 destroyed any momentum that the first game built up
#3fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:29:06 PM
Well, how did the first God of War sell so much more than DMC1?
---
#4Hades192Posted 2/7/2013 1:31:36 PM
fifinambo posted...

Fascination of Greek "Symbology."
#5DuckKiller84Posted 2/7/2013 1:47:54 PM
I pretty much agree w/ you reasons TC.

There are a few other things though: I believe that the excessive gore and the nudity/sexuality played a large role. Another would be the kinesthetic sensation of the combat - The heavy use of vibration in the controller along w/ the over-the-top effects of contact made the combat feel very satisfying and engaging (combining this w/ simplified combat appeals to more westerners imo).

The only thing comparable in DMC is DMC1's Ifrit and, to a lesser extent, DMC4's Gilgamesh. (Beowulf didn't quite have the impact of either for some reason, possibly because of the sound effects). You've gotta admit, Ifrit really felt like it did some damage compared to every other Devil Arm.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#6DuckKiller84Posted 2/7/2013 1:47:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7shatterstarPosted 2/7/2013 1:58:14 PM
fifinambo posted...

I personally think it's because: the marketing is better geared toward Westerners, its spectacle, eye-catching boss battles, a more recognizable theology and drawing in casual gamers with easy button-mashing game mechanics...

I just think DMC needed to ramp up their marketing and perhaps make more spectacle-themed boss battles to show in trailers.

Am I off base here?

I thought it was Call of Duties...???? Now it's GoW and the next it'll be Assassins Creed, Halo's, Gear's..etc, etc...

Makeup your mind please.
#8fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:04:44 PM
shatterstar posted...
fifinambo posted...

Am I off base here?

I thought it was Call of Duties...???? Now it's GoW and the next it'll be Assassins Creed, Halo's, Gear's..etc, etc...

Makeup your mind please.

Oh, god. Shatterstar's in my topic. Nobody move. His eyesight is based on movement...

*holds perfectly still*
---
#9shatterstarPosted 2/7/2013 2:38:50 PM(edited)
fifinambo posted...
shatterstar posted...
fifinambo posted...

Am I off base here?

Makeup your mind please.

Oh, god. Shatterstar's in my topic. Nobody move. His eyesight is based on movement...

*holds perfectly still*

Well I don't know how I can actually see you personally in a forum, so you joke was lost in translation along with this fame topic.
#10_Uwye_Posted 2/7/2013 2:41:34 PM
fifinambo posted...

Sex, violence, impressive set pieces, casual friendly gameplay.