How about Capcom releases DmC2 and DMC5

#21tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 5:53:56 PM
This one was supposed to...
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#22A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/7/2013 5:55:45 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
CKnight posted...

The idea that they'll forget about this reboot and jump to DMC5 is absurd.

Just like the idea of forgetting about DMC4 and jumping to DmC is right?

That's stupid. Was it dumb to forget about Batman & Robin and make Batman Begins? Of course not but it would of been dumb as **** to forget Begins the rebooted Batman and instead make a sequel to Batman & Robin.

How dare you compare DMC4 to Batman & Robin.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#23darkslayer001Posted 2/7/2013 6:19:18 PM
CKnight posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
CKnight posted...

That's stupid. Was it dumb to forget about Batman & Robin and make Batman Begins? Of course not but it would of been dumb as **** to forget Begins the rebooted Batman and instead make a sequel to Batman & Robin.

One major flaw with ur logic, DMC4 is considered to be the peak while Batman & Robin is considered to be the bottom....
#24darkslayer001Posted 2/7/2013 6:21:16 PM
CKnight posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
There's no reason whatsoever to assume Capcom will be trying to salvage this sinking turd. As it stands, it hasn't been even sold half of the second sales predictions Capcom made. It's a full on flop. Capcom rebooted DMC for nearly 3 million sales. This thing has less than a third of that.

Its February. We'll see how things are down the road.

Past DMC games didn't come close to 3 million in a month, hell did a past DMC even reach 3 million in overall sales?

considering it has already dropped like 70% in most places in sales, and with Dead space and MGR this month....its not gonna increase anymore...
#25Rising_shadowPosted 2/7/2013 6:28:56 PM

Batman and Robin is widely cited as the reason why comic book movies not only suck but eventually degenerate into self-parody. The moment you have plastic nipples on your batsuit and the guy playing Batman says he played Batman as being gay, you know your movie is crap.
Batman Begins is the start of the most critically and financially successful string of comic book movies and widely held by comic book fans as a reason why comic book movies can succeed and still be great.
DmC is, well, a financial flop with over inflated review scores and more drama surrounding it than a movie about mentally challenged people. Regardless of your position on whether it's a good game or not, it's a financial failure.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#26wwinterj25Posted 2/7/2013 6:38:25 PM(edited)
CKnight posted...
This series isn't Call of Duty successful. Theres no justification to split the series in two.

They'll most likely continue with DmC2 but simply make the gameplay and depth a bit closer to DMC4.

You know if it was DmC but on the DMC 4 engine and DMC 4 gameplay I'd be cool with that. Dante has white hair at the end of DmC. I like the angel and demon side of things.
Angel trigger would be cool and a real devil trigger. As much I hate it I do see this been a possibility.

However if given the choice I'd rather see DMC 5. Capcom never said this was a reboot as far as I know. They said it was set in a alternative universe so they could get away with forgetting about it or putting it to one side for now.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#27CKnightPosted 2/7/2013 7:56:28 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
CKnight posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
CKnight posted...

One major flaw with ur logic, DMC4 is considered to be the peak while Batman & Robin is considered to be the bottom....

I would say DMC3 was the peak and DMC4 while good was the beginning of the descend.

Maybe Spider-man would be a better analogy.