Hating this game is jumping on the bandwagon

#11RetsuxDPosted 2/7/2013 4:28:14 PM
indevil posted...
because everyone hates this game right?

see, some people tend to generalize and make sweeping statements.
---

No, some people hate this game.

Also, that's a double standard, you call out people on making generalizing arguments, yet you say that anyone who hates this game is bandwagoning.

Bait.
#12lokithefoolPosted 2/7/2013 4:28:41 PM
indevil posted...
you heard me. it's pretentious . have your own goddamned opinions.

let me just put it this way: if you think your way works. fair enough it's fine by me. i don't judge. but you'd better have the ability to start your own company, buy over DMC rights and make your own game.
but WAIT, spoilers: surprise, you can't.
---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp55goEW82c
#13DuuuDe14Posted 2/7/2013 4:28:57 PM
You finally snapped. Eh TC?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#14indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:31:47 PM
it's okay to dislike this. somehow liking this game becomes such an unpopular opinion, i see people slamming this game like a toddler with his broken toy.
because from time to time, someone who really dislikes this game comes up with something substantial and valid to make a genuine point.

i'm not saying EVERYBODY who hates this game is jumping on the bandwagon, neither am i assuming they are all pretentious as well.
but look at it from my point of view, it's the same, regurgitated, recycled repartee everywhere. literally everywhere.

which makes this hatred so pretentious.
---
---
---
#15SigmaHacielPosted 2/7/2013 4:32:49 PM
At a certain point, kid, everyone is just finding the same flaws.

Which does nothing more than solidify the fact that those flaws exist.

If anything, YOU are being the most pretentious.
#16TheSL1ClubPosted 2/7/2013 4:33:38 PM
Assuming the pros/antis/neutrals are in the hundreds or thousands, which is a fair assumption, you are basically saying everyone is bandwagoning regardless it's their own opinion. This is what I'm talking about, some pros just lacks common sense...
#17RetsuxDPosted 2/7/2013 4:35:59 PM
All I hope is this thread doesn't devolve into passive-aggressiveness and flaming like the last ones like this.

I mean, fire's bad for the complexion.
I burn easily, never tan.
#18NintendosuksPosted 2/7/2013 4:37:39 PM
Who gives a s*** what other people say about the game? Who gives a s*** if other people like it? Different strokes for different folks. I absolutely love it and am on Dante must die mode atm and I dont care if people hate it. Not everyone is gonna like it just like a lot of people will love it. I do think the series needed a change and I think people that don't play it simply because Dante looks different and its a new take on it are being a little dumb about it but some people don't like change so it is what it is. If you like it play it if you don't like it play something else. I do think its funny how many people that hate the game spend so much time on the board. But whatever.
---
Waiting on The Last Of Us
PSN:W8N387
#195hadowsPosted 2/7/2013 4:39:24 PM(edited)
indevil posted...
you heard me. it's pretentious . have your own goddamned opinions.

let me just put it this way: if you think your way works. fair enough it's fine by me. i don't judge. but you'd better have the ability to start your own company, buy over DMC rights and make your own game.
but WAIT, spoilers: surprise, you can't.
---

We're consumers not businessmans, if we don't like something we have the right to want it to burn in the depths of the fiery hell.

Last time I ate a bad food at a restaurant I changed places, I didn't built my own restaurant to prove the one where I ate was bad, cause you know that's pretentious.
---
Ill add something here later....
#20cyanide_suicidePosted 2/7/2013 4:39:13 PM
Definition of PRETENTIOUS
-making usually unjustified or excessive claims

If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer. ~ Tameem Antoniades

After experiencing this trainwreck of a story myself, I can safely say that Tameem is the pretentious one.