Hating this game is jumping on the bandwagon

#41DuuuDe14Posted 2/7/2013 6:08:56 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RetsuxD posted...
He's right guys, it was all about the hair, it always has been.

Finally you antis admit something.

About time, guys!

Now, relax. Dante will have pink hair in DMC 5. I mean, it's not about the hair, right?

Honestly i'd love that because pink is my favorite color. But sadly you're just trying to troll. So i'll walk away now.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#42Ink-RibbonPosted 2/7/2013 6:11:24 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RetsuxD posted...

About time, guys!

Now, relax. Dante will have pink hair in DMC 5. I mean, it's not about the hair, right?

Honestly i'd love that because pink is my favorite color. But sadly you're just trying to troll. So i'll walk away now.

Well, I thought it wasn't about the hair. What happened?

Think about it, for a minute. You say it's not about the hair, so what's the problem is Capcom releases DMC 5 and shows Dante's hair being pink while on DT, and yellow without it?

I mean, you all asked for it, by saying it's not about the hair. Now let's see if it's not about the hair, I can't wait!
#43ShadowZero007Posted 2/7/2013 6:12:31 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
Without a doubt some of it is just mob mentality.
Though of course there are those who genuinely dislike it.
I am not one of them.

I enjoyed DmC. :)

*pimp slaps*
BAD SHADOW! GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE!!! >:O

Fool. You've been in the cage the entire time.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#44ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 6:13:49 PM
You realize pink hair is common in Japanese media? Most of us are used to it much less would give a ****.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#45KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/7/2013 6:14:43 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RetsuxD posted...

About time, guys!

Well, I thought it wasn't about the hair. What happened?

Think about it, for a minute. You say it's not about the hair, so what's the problem is Capcom releases DMC 5 and shows Dante's hair being pink while on DT, and yellow without it?

I mean, you all asked for it, by saying it's not about the hair. Now let's see if it's not about the hair, I can't wait!

Yellow and pink ain't a bad combination... kinda like Easter colors.

The only problem with your theory is that Dante doesn't have hair in his DT, he turns into a devil. Maybe there'd be some kind of trimming or something, but it's not like all that would happen is his hair would change. This is DMC we're talking about.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#46indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:14:45 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
indevil posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
Definition of PRETENTIOUS
-making usually unjustified or excessive claims

If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer. ~ Tameem Antoniades

After experiencing this trainwreck of a story myself, I can safely say that Tameem is the pretentious one.

did you pull that definition out from your rear end? that is DEE epitome of pretentious.

what i meant by pretentious was, well, hating this game under pretense.

after reading all the inept replies to this topic, all i can say is wow, way to overcomplicate simple things guys.
---

From the very link that was posted earlier in the thread.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pretentious

Are you now going to say that Merriam-Webster pulled that definition out it's ass?

i'll take "he pulled that link out of his ass" for 50 points.

while we're at it, let's scrutinize on the "unjustified and/or excessive claims"
saying either one or more of these:
- crappy never-should-have-happened reboot
- overall bad re-design of dante and vergil
- poor/crude dialogue
- too westernized
- the hair
- simplified combat system to gain style
- blahblah other trivial fluffs

those aren't valid complaints, because like, this is a reboot FFS things are meant to be different.
there will be heaps of changes, dialogue are not going to be as classy, the list goes on.
are people forgetting about ninja theory being part of the dev team?
yup.
all this were meant and expected to happen, then you complain about it. it's like walking into a puddle of lava and crying about getting burnt.
---
---
---
#47tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 6:15:48 PM
I had posted it but it never showed up. And I can't be assed to write it out again on my cellphone. I just took it as a sign that gamefaqs didn't want me feeding you. And yet this is still on page 1.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#48Ink-RibbonPosted 2/7/2013 6:16:35 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
You realize pink hair is common in Japanese media? Most of us are used to it much less would give a ****.

If that's the case, then I vote for Dante's pink hair!

It's probably the most mature thing to use for DMC 5, if the game gets made by PG, the only ones able to make the character's justice!!!

I can't wait! Hopefully Capcom releases different skins, like Dante's full shaved hair, Dante's dark hair and so on. I mean, PG needs to please as much fans as possible, I guess.
#49tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 6:17:43 PM
The lava wasn't advertised as the fifth in a line of semi enjoyable to enjoyable jacuzzis only slightly redesigned.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#50Drkr_ZenPosted 2/7/2013 6:19:48 PM
Hating the game is having good taste in action games... I didn't enjoy DMC2, therefore I won't enjoy DmC2.5 - simple as that.
---
Playing: ME3, ZoE2 HD, Anarchy Reigns, Sly 4, Borderlands 2 (GOTY 2012)
"See You Space Cowboy."