Hating this game is jumping on the bandwagon

#61tehXdemiXaznPosted 2/7/2013 6:45:51 PM
indevil posted...
please, play the ad hominem card anytime you run out of things to say.

it's all you people who lack argumentative and linguistic skills could do anyway.

why put up a proper decent debate when i could just blow you off on my high horse and turn the other cheek right?

talk about coming to message boards and being lazy, rofl.
---

If you want to accuse me of all people of lazy arguing you clearly didn't read that other thread I was referring to. I didn't play the ad hominem because I had nothing to say. I had nothing to say because you didn't add anything to your position that hasn't been picked apart already.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#62RetsuxDPosted 2/7/2013 6:46:23 PM
indevil posted...
please, play the ad hominem card anytime you run out of things to say.

it's all you people who lack argumentative and linguistic skills could do anyway.

why put up a proper decent debate when i could just blow you off on my high horse and turn the other cheek right?

talk about coming to message boards and being lazy, rofl.
---

Why would I argue with you when I can make an unfunny joke and ignore you instead?
#63Devil_wings00Posted 2/7/2013 6:46:54 PM
Or perhaps people just don't like it? Just because someones opinion coincides with the popular opinion doesn't mean he didn't formulate that opinion on his own.

Now if you never even played the game and are bashing it, then by all means that is just dumb. At best that person can say "it really doesn't look like a game I would enjoy" but anything beyond that is BS.

Also the "while you can't do any better" argument is the most lame defense in history...quit using it, it only makes you look stupid.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#64Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/7/2013 6:49:52 PM
This is the most f***** board in the existence of GameFAQS. I have been coming here for 3 years and I have never seen a board as hopeless as this one, worse than the Wii U one.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#65truesaiyan309Posted 2/7/2013 6:57:50 PM
What complaining I do about the game I do with hopes that a developer will listen to make the future games better. I am hoping they actually go looking for feedback.

What I don't like is the characters, story (though some parts were ok like the whole media control stuff), and dialogue. What you need to do is look at this game by itself. Forget about the others. As a stand alone game it really lacks in these departments. In a way, the game would be nonsensical without knowing about everything from before.

As a stand alone game it is impossible to think that Vergil would be able to have a organization of people surrounding him and none of them realize how shady he is. He never hid it. In fact, this was displayed to us as foreshadowing which leads us to my very point and other plot holes from bad writing.

One thing that bothers me that I don't see mentioned much is how Sparda is now a wuss. Before he was the ultimate BA but not anymore. For example, Sparda would have not needed to let his wife sacrifice herself because old Sparda would have killed everyone himself! including beating Mundas and closing the hell gate. In fact, he killed his wife himself to close it. That is just how much killing and buttkicking old Sparda did.
#66Drkr_ZenPosted 2/7/2013 7:07:44 PM
Drkr_Zen posted...
Hating the game is having good taste in action games... I didn't enjoy DMC2, therefore I won't enjoy DmC2.5 - simple as that.

it's this kind of opinionated and conceited mindset that inspired this topic to begin with.
everybody is too busy tooting their own entitled horns to validate their distaste for the game.

"people who like this game has bad taste"
oh how unpretentious of you.
---

Well, I also dislike it for being unbalanced, overly easy, forgiving, non-sensical and having a poor narrative backed by a weak cast... all similarities DmC shares with DMC2.

But hey, I'm sure someone out there thinks Dingo is awesome... as for me? I barely typed that witha straight face.
---
Playing: ME3, ZoE2 HD, Anarchy Reigns, Sly 4, Borderlands 2 (GOTY 2012)
"See You Space Cowboy."
#67indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:08:06 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Or perhaps people just don't like it? Just because someones opinion coincides with the popular opinion doesn't mean he didn't formulate that opinion on his own.

Now if you never even played the game and are bashing it, then by all means that is just dumb. At best that person can say "it really doesn't look like a game I would enjoy" but anything beyond that is BS.

Also the "while you can't do any better" argument is the most lame defense in history...quit using it, it only makes you look stupid.

it isn't a coincidence of opinion, so to speak.

i just find it hard to believe this got to the top 10 message boards through loathsome and spiteful reception. there isn't really a mountain of flaws to question at, and we certainly don't need another topic asking how this could be improved, that could be polished, or this game could be scrapped for a self-proclaimed betterment of DMC. or so you think so.

if you ask me, it is inexplicably inane for something to rise to top 10 by being bashed to the deepest pits of hell, brought back up, tended with first aid then plummet into purgatory again.

Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
This is the most f***** board in the existence of GameFAQS. I have been coming here for 3 years and I have never seen a board as hopeless as this one, worse than the Wii U one.

ikr.

to sum everything up in a nutshell, the entirety of this board's cohering bond is by agreeing this game is worse than crap.
and biting each others head off with arguments that is basically the empirical value of "my opinion >>>>> your opinion"
---
---
---
#68SandOnMyBootPosted 2/7/2013 7:13:03 PM
What was that? People hated Uwe Boll's latest movie adaptation of a video game? They're all saying it had bad writing, bad acting, bad effects, and bad direction? Those haters are just all jumping on the bandwagon and drinking their haterade! No two or more people could possibly think any of his movies have large or similar flaws!

I mean, come on! Bad writing, bad directing? Those are just trivial complaints that aren't valid at all. People are forgetting that these are video game movies, which are never meant to be entertaining or watchable in the least. And did anyone remember that Uwe Boll is a notorious director that likes to physically beat up his critics in boxing matches?

Yep, all that stuff is to be expected, so therefore no one is allowed to give negative criticism to the glorious Uwe Boll and anyone who does is just a hater jumping on the bandwagon. Everyone should praise this horrible product that was expected to be bad. After all, tons of very different people harshly complaining about very specific flaws must mean that those flaws don't exist, right?
#69indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:25:26 PM
truesaiyan309 posted...
What complaining I do about the game I do with hopes that a developer will listen to make the future games better. I am hoping they actually go looking for feedback.

What I don't like is the characters, story (though some parts were ok like the whole media control stuff), and dialogue. What you need to do is look at this game by itself. Forget about the others. As a stand alone game it really lacks in these departments. In a way, the game would be nonsensical without knowing about everything from before.

As a stand alone game it is impossible to think that Vergil would be able to have a organization of people surrounding him and none of them realize how shady he is. He never hid it. In fact, this was displayed to us as foreshadowing which leads us to my very point and other plot holes from bad writing.

One thing that bothers me that I don't see mentioned much is how Sparda is now a wuss. Before he was the ultimate BA but not anymore. For example, Sparda would have not needed to let his wife sacrifice herself because old Sparda would have killed everyone himself! including beating Mundas and closing the hell gate. In fact, he killed his wife himself to close it. That is just how much killing and buttkicking old Sparda did.

thanks you just consolidated all the textbook answers into one post.

SandOnMyBoot posted...
What was that? People hated Uwe Boll's latest movie adaptation of a video game? They're all saying it had bad writing, bad acting, bad effects, and bad direction? Those haters are just all jumping on the bandwagon and drinking their haterade! No two or more people could possibly think any of his movies have large or similar flaws!

I mean, come on! Bad writing, bad directing? Those are just trivial complaints that aren't valid at all. People are forgetting that these are video game movies, which are never meant to be entertaining or watchable in the least. And did anyone remember that Uwe Boll is a notorious director that likes to physically beat up his critics in boxing matches?

Yep, all that stuff is to be expected, so therefore no one is allowed to give negative criticism to the glorious Uwe Boll and anyone who does is just a hater jumping on the bandwagon. Everyone should praise this horrible product that was expected to be bad. After all, tons of very different people harshly complaining about very specific flaws must mean that those flaws don't exist, right?

god do you even digest the words you are saying?

do i have to spell everything out for you guys?

you are comparing a rebooted videogame, admittedly not as fantastic as its predecessors, to UWE freakin' BOLL?

i have watched his movie and it is like willingly walking into a regretful 90 minutes of my life knowing i can never take it back. you cannot compare these 2. it's apple and orange, dude.
i have no idea wtf uwe boll is trying to prove, or what direction is he heading towards. appears to me he just has nothing better to do but to direct uninspired, boorishly acted, dreadful screenplay into a reality of shattered hopes for an otherwise good videogame, with his idea of "film adaptation" that has little to nothing to do with the videogame, at all.

nobody. NOBODY can read through the script and say "hey it's a good idea to produce this".
at least if a homeless bum were to trip over the development schemes for DmC in some alley, he would say "this could or could not work". likewise if he were to found the screenplay for any uwe boll's films, he would feed it to his dog without second thoughts.
---
---
---
#70AtalalamaPosted 2/7/2013 7:33:03 PM
indevil posted...
you heard me. it's pretentious . have your own goddamned opinions.

let me just put it this way: if you think your way works. fair enough it's fine by me. i don't judge. but you'd better have the ability to start your own company, buy over DMC rights and make your own game.
but WAIT, spoilers: surprise, you can't.
---

I do have my own opinion. I tried it, I didn't like it. If someone elses' opinion matches mine, then that is the nature of opinions. If someone elses' doesn't match mine, then that too is the nature of opinions.

It is pretentious of you, though, to claim that my opinion is not my own.