Hating this game is jumping on the bandwagon

#71indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:37:56 PM
Atalalama posted...
indevil posted...
you heard me. it's pretentious . have your own goddamned opinions.

let me just put it this way: if you think your way works. fair enough it's fine by me. i don't judge. but you'd better have the ability to start your own company, buy over DMC rights and make your own game.
but WAIT, spoilers: surprise, you can't.
---

I do have my own opinion. I tried it, I didn't like it. If someone elses' opinion matches mine, then that is the nature of opinions. If someone elses' doesn't match mine, then that too is the nature of opinions.

It is pretentious of you, though, to claim that my opinion is not my own.

this is a horrid way to say "to each his own"
like how you'd say. pretentious.
---
---
---
#72lokithefoolPosted 2/7/2013 6:38:46 PM
indevil posted...
Atalalama posted...
indevil posted...

let me just put it this way: if you think your way works. fair enough it's fine by me. i don't judge. but you'd better have the ability to start your own company, buy over DMC rights and make your own game.
---

I do have my own opinion. I tried it, I didn't like it. If someone elses' opinion matches mine, then that is the nature of opinions. If someone elses' doesn't match mine, then that too is the nature of opinions.

---

Posting on this topic is jumping on the bandwagon...
#73AtalalamaPosted 2/7/2013 6:46:54 PM
indevil posted...
thanks you just consolidated all the textbook answers into one post.

Ever consider that the reason why the "textbook answer" to the question of why some believe DmC is a lesser game than its' predecessors is because it's a shared opinion? That more than one person may have the same opinion?

I like Apple Juice. Should I rant a rave if someone tells me that they don't?

god do you even digest the words you are saying?

do i have to spell everything out for you guys?

you are comparing a rebooted videogame, admittedly not as fantastic as its predecessors, to UWE freakin' BOLL?

i have watched his movie and it is like willingly walking into a regretful 90 minutes of my life knowing i can never take it back. you cannot compare these 2. it's apple and orange, dude.
i have no idea wtf uwe boll is trying to prove, or what direction is he heading towards. appears to me he just has nothing better to do but to direct uninspired, boorishly acted, dreadful screenplay into a reality of shattered hopes for an otherwise good videogame, with his idea of "film adaptation" that has little to nothing to do with the videogame, at all.

nobody. NOBODY can read through the script and say "hey it's a good idea to produce this".
at least if a homeless bum were to trip over the development schemes for DmC in some alley, he would say "this could or could not work". likewise if he were to found the screenplay for any uwe boll's films, he would feed it to his dog without second thoughts.
---

Well, Uwe Boll was only making movies because it was a tax write-off in Germany. However, the statement still stands. Your opinion is that DmC is not as poor of a game as an Uwe Boll film is a movie. Others have the opinion that it is; that 'DmC takes everything beloved about DMC and turned it onto its ear before kicking it to the street', as it were. Why should your opinion hold greater importance over anothers'? Because it's not a "factual" comparison?

This, too, is the nature of opinions. I dislike Orange Juice because it tastes gross. Nothing factual in that statement except that I dislike O.J. and the reason for it is my own opinion of how it tastes, to me. I dislike DmC because it, too, leaves a "bad taste" in my mouth.

Tell me, is my opinion less important than your own? If so, then why is this?
#74AtalalamaPosted 2/7/2013 6:51:41 PM
indevil posted...
Atalalama posted...
indevil posted...

---

---

And yet you do not argue nor dismiss the concept of "To each their own".

Now then, is my post "pretentious"? No, because that would mean that what I have written is actually beyond knowledge/understanding that I actually possess.

Now 'pompous', THAT would describe my post.
#75indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:04:23 PM
Atalalama posted...
indevil posted...
thanks you just consolidated all the textbook answers into one post.

Ever consider that the reason why the "textbook answer" to the question of why some believe DmC is a lesser game than its' predecessors is because it's a shared opinion? That more than one person may have the same opinion?

I like Apple Juice. Should I rant a rave if someone tells me that they don't?

god do you even digest the words you are saying?

do i have to spell everything out for you guys?

you are comparing a rebooted videogame, admittedly not as fantastic as its predecessors, to UWE freakin' BOLL?

i have watched his movie and it is like willingly walking into a regretful 90 minutes of my life knowing i can never take it back. you cannot compare these 2. it's apple and orange, dude.
i have no idea wtf uwe boll is trying to prove, or what direction is he heading towards. appears to me he just has nothing better to do but to direct uninspired, boorishly acted, dreadful screenplay into a reality of shattered hopes for an otherwise good videogame, with his idea of "film adaptation" that has little to nothing to do with the videogame, at all.

nobody. NOBODY can read through the script and say "hey it's a good idea to produce this".
at least if a homeless bum were to trip over the development schemes for DmC in some alley, he would say "this could or could not work". likewise if he were to found the screenplay for any uwe boll's films, he would feed it to his dog without second thoughts.
---

Well, Uwe Boll was only making movies because it was a tax write-off in Germany. However, the statement still stands. Your opinion is that DmC is not as poor of a game as an Uwe Boll film is a movie. Others have the opinion that it is; that 'DmC takes everything beloved about DMC and turned it onto its ear before kicking it to the street', as it were. Why should your opinion hold greater importance over anothers'? Because it's not a "factual" comparison?

This, too, is the nature of opinions. I dislike Orange Juice because it tastes gross. Nothing factual in that statement except that I dislike O.J. and the reason for it is my own opinion of how it tastes, to me. I dislike DmC because it, too, leaves a "bad taste" in my mouth.

Tell me, is my opinion less important than your own? If so, then why is this?

sir i believe my stand has been terribly mistaken by you for being construed with superiority of opinions. man i don't even believe in having "better opinions". it would be grand if some people were to come up with their own instead of sheepishly being herded into one collective of thoughts, or lack thereof.

yes DmC took everything "beloved" out of DMC. i can't stress this enough, it's a reboot. wow i mean, if every mechanics and gameplay and elements stayed put, then the game may as well be titled DMC5.
reboot meaning, it doesn't have to have anything to do with DMC. it can be unrelated. just like how batman begins has nothing to do with previous films, and the amazing spiderman is a re-telling of its story.

i'm not saying disliking DmC is invalid because of its factual discrepancies. let me put it simply: some people are hating at face value. like they would be ashamed to actually like the game, that would be of course, my opinion.

Now 'pompous', THAT would describe my post.

aw, can't we have both?
---
---
---
#76ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 7:20:30 PM
indevil posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
indevil posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
Definition of PRETENTIOUS
-making usually unjustified or excessive claims

If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer. ~ Tameem Antoniades

After experiencing this trainwreck of a story myself, I can safely say that Tameem is the pretentious one.

did you pull that definition out from your rear end? that is DEE epitome of pretentious.

what i meant by pretentious was, well, hating this game under pretense.

after reading all the inept replies to this topic, all i can say is wow, way to overcomplicate simple things guys.
---

From the very link that was posted earlier in the thread.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pretentious

Are you now going to say that Merriam-Webster pulled that definition out it's ass?

i'll take "he pulled that link out of his ass" for 50 points.

So either you are saying the dictionary definition is wrong, or that I couldn't possibly be smart enough to know it.... whatever.
*leaves topic in disgust*
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#77Malus_X6Posted 2/7/2013 7:21:59 PM
I got something my blushing bride Nick can jump onto ;)
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#78indevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:23:08 PM
my apologies, mr oversen sitive.
---
---
---
#79ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 7:23:33 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
I got something my blushing bride Nick can jump onto ;)

So you and Jack made up? :p
---
#80ZeroX91Posted 2/7/2013 7:25:16 PM
indevil posted...
my apologies, mr oversen sitive.
---

It's too late to apologize~
---