Platinum Games is the only right answer

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/7/2013 10:21:31 PM
Its the only company that can bring back the series. I remember back in 2011 when the first DmC trailer was revealed, that Kamiya said he was ready to take on Devil May Cry. And since the sales are going down, Capcom has no other choice. IMO, this isnt impossible to happen cause Kamiya would do anything to restore the series and Capcom would do anything for money. Also, Kamiya posted a few weeks ago in his twitter page that "HE will be back"( Dante).
Discuss
---
"Might controls everything"
#2MadigariPosted 2/7/2013 10:30:29 PM
They have plenty of other options. I'm not sure why you feel Platinum Games is their only choice.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#3MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:35:23 PM
Madigari posted...
They have plenty of other options. I'm not sure why you feel Platinum Games is their only choice.

Sure there are plenty of other choices, but giving the series back to its creator isnt the same as giving it to some randoms. Besides, im talking about the original Devil May Cry, not this one. Giving it to another company might result to possibly a DmC sequel, a reboot within a reboot or even a new ip.
---
#4ShadowZero007Posted 2/7/2013 10:36:08 PM
Considering how many people seem attached to Itsuno's Date they'd probably rage when Dante isn't acting "cuhrazy" enough.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#5MadigariPosted 2/7/2013 10:40:23 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
Sure there are plenty of other choices, but giving the series back to its creator isnt the same as giving it to some randoms.

True, but they had that option before DmC was even branded such (it was DMC5 as a placeholder for a while, after all). If they didn't choose Platinum Games when they had the option in the first place, I don't know why anyone would expect it now.

Besides that, a hefty chunk of the people who worked on DMC3/4 are still in-house for Capcom, and 3 was the one people seemed to respond to the most. There's just as much chance of them taking it in-house again.
---
#6BillysanPosted 2/7/2013 10:43:30 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Considering how many people seem attached to Itsuno's Date they'd probably rage when Dante isn't acting "cuhrazy" enough.

Looking at Bayonetta I'd say people would complain that Dante is acting to absurdly crazy.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#7MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:45:02 PM
Madigari posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
Sure there are plenty of other choices, but giving the series back to its creator isnt the same as giving it to some randoms.

True, but they had that option before DmC was even branded such (it was DMC5 as a placeholder for a while, after all). If they didn't choose Platinum Games when they had the option in the first place, I don't know why anyone would expect it now.

Besides that, a hefty chunk of the people who worked on DMC3/4 are still in-house for Capcom, and 3 was the one people seemed to respond to the most. There's just as much chance of them taking it in-house again.

It was pretty impossible to give it to Platinum since they had already agreed with NT, But now, its not.
---
#8MadigariPosted 2/7/2013 10:49:08 PM(edited)
MishimaBlood posted...
It was pretty impossible to give it to Platinum since they had already agreed with NT, But now, its not.

At some point in the creative process of thinking "new Devil May Cry game", someone had to make the executive decision to give it to Ninja Theory. That was never a given/the only outcome until they said it was.

In other words, they could have easily given the game to someone else to develop. To the best of my knowledge, Ninja Theory doesn't have anything over Capcom that -required- Capcom to give DmC to them, Capcom just chose them out of all available candidates.
---
#9Psychochild27Posted 2/7/2013 10:58:27 PM
Billysan posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Looking at Bayonetta I'd say people would complain that Dante is acting to absurdly crazy.

Bayonetta also did a good job meeting that level of highly technical combat that Devil May Cry 3/4 is known for - I've got faith that they could do the series justice.
#10smithkakarotPosted 2/7/2013 10:59:28 PM
I'm under the impression that Kamiya is still pals with a Capcom employee or two.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta