*About the whole environment trying to kill you* thing.

#1Kingscorpiop93Posted 2/8/2013 12:34:44 AM
Totally not what I expected. What I expected was like at random moments you'd be caught off guard and like the floor under you would break without letting you know or a building falling down on you out of no where just things like that. But maybe I expected a little too much if they had made it that way it would have been more about survival and that's obviously not what they wanted. Like in the middle of a boss fight the boss charges you you go to dodge and unexpectedly the the ground raises a bit causing you to trip over getting hit by the boss you know the kind of game that forces you to be very observant and think about how you're going to get through the levels. What do you think?
---
--- We are born of nothing and so shall we return...Darkness begets light and light begets darkness.
PSN: Kingscorpiop93
#2Psychochild27Posted 2/8/2013 12:39:05 AM
The game already has faaaaaaar too many environmental hazards in its current state. I can't imagine how annoying the game would be if Limbo was actually competent.
#3Kingscorpiop93(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:46:31 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
The game already has faaaaaaar too many environmental hazards in its current state. I can't imagine how annoying the game would be if Limbo was actually competent.

I think more games need competent environments.
---
--- We are born of nothing and so shall we return...Darkness begets light and light begets darkness.
PSN: Kingscorpiop93
#4NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/8/2013 1:22:02 AM
Kingscorpiop93 posted...
Totally not what I expected. What I expected was like at random moments you'd be caught off guard and like the floor under you would break without letting you know or a building falling down on you out of no where just things like that. But maybe I expected a little too much if they had made it that way it would have been more about survival and that's obviously not what they wanted. Like in the middle of a boss fight the boss charges you you go to dodge and unexpectedly the the ground raises a bit causing you to trip over getting hit by the boss you know the kind of game that forces you to be very observant and think about how you're going to get through the levels. What do you think?

If you let DmC Dante stand in one spot long enough while Limbo is trying to attack, will Limbo actually crush Dante?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#5sjwho2Posted 2/8/2013 1:23:53 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Kingscorpiop93 posted...

If you let DmC Dante stand in one spot long enough while Limbo is trying to attack, will Limbo actually crush Dante?

only in specific parts and it takes a good 5 seconds or so.
#6BillysanPosted 2/8/2013 2:22:54 AM
Yeah it's just a fancy way to guide the player.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#7_Uwye_Posted 2/8/2013 2:34:11 AM
I remember people (especially after the "30fps because of morphign levels") -and Shatterstar- actually thinking it would work like that.
#8ShadowZero007Posted 2/8/2013 2:35:43 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
I remember people (especially after the "30fps because of morphign levels") -and Shatterstar- actually thinking it would work like that.

I don't think anyone expected a completely random and amorphous environment :p
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#9BillysanPosted 2/8/2013 2:38:45 AM(edited)
ShadowZero007 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

I think most people kept their expectations in check and said it was going to be scripted but there were a number of supporters who insisted it was more.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#10_Uwye_Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:35 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
_Uwye_ posted...

Oh, no no. Not completely random, but things like...I don't know, the black goo appears on the spot you are on and if you don't get out of the way the floor morphs into something and you get hit. Or walls visibly tremble and then jumps out. Stuff like that; it wouldn't be that different compared to certain attacks nomral enemeies already have, it would just give a reason to the whole "the city is out to kill you" thing.