An idea for Capcom to salvage this turd.

#1Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/8/2013 5:44:59 AM(edited)
Get Kamiya + Platinum Games to make DmC: Special Edition. Sell it both as a disc and a $15 DLC upgrade. A lot easier and cheaper than making an entire new game, and if you do it right you'll win back the fanbase.

I know they're tied up with multiple projects for Nintendo right now, but wait till they're available.
#2produnerPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:48 AM(edited)
Not happening unfortunately, unless people ask capcom personally and suggest that, but still they don't want to work with kamiya. Also, starting on DMC5 is a better idea; There are many issues with the game engine, story, gameplay, game design, art and legal problems.
#3Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:52:15 AM
If Team Ninja was able to salvage Ninja Gaiden 3 with a revised edition, I don't see why Capcom can't do it with DmC. NG3 Vanilla was objectively an even worse game than DmC, but they learned from their mistakes. Razor's Edge was a massive improvement in almost every way, and is at least on par with NG1 and 2.
#4produnerPosted 2/8/2013 5:58:47 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
If Team Ninja was able to salvage Ninja Gaiden 3 with a revised edition, I don't see why Capcom can't do it with DmC. NG3 Vanilla was objectively an even worse game than DmC, but they learned from their mistakes. Razor's Edge was a massive improvement in almost every way, and is at least on par with NG1 and 2.

This game is beyond fixing. Unreal engine 3, programming , style and story of the game are extremely difficult to deal with. Changing the previous means another game, so it is meaningless and capcom, NT are not going to do it, hell they refused to fix some bugs from the demo and only fixed the style system, buff poison, and that was on the pc version; that can be fixed from the codes of the game by anyone in less than a day.
#5Zeik_YamatoPosted 2/8/2013 6:03:41 AM
Release a new story line that has old Dante going though this games story laughing at all the "bosses" and pointing out how bad this timeline is.
---
PSN WingedChaos
http://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/ -Currently Watching and Reviewing G Gundam/Macross 7 /Jojos Bizarre Adventure
#6Rising_shadowPosted 2/8/2013 6:05:36 AM
It was a lot easier to fix NG3. The writing and story in it weren't an issue since NG isn't exactly known for awesome dialogue or story so ultimately the fixing was for gameplay alone.
This game however has a lot of flaws from the game engine up. You've got an engine made to run at 30FPS, you've got terrible dialogue, characters, storyline, a weapons switching system that is flawed from the start and that's awkward... Not to mention the glitches and shoddy textures. I swear Donte uses engine oil on his hair or something because it looks seriously terrible in most scenes.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#7Sephivengeance9Posted 2/8/2013 6:09:06 AM
Yeah, I was going to say that in order for P* to fix the game, they'd basically have to scrap the final product and rebuild it from the ground up.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#8Lard_in_TeaPosted 2/8/2013 7:28:05 AM
No matter how much you polish this turd, it's never going to shine. It's flawed at its very core and is substandard in every category.

At least NG3 was fundamentally sound with many of its serious issues resulting from Hayashi's bad ideas forced into it thus ruining the whole.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#9Ether101Posted 2/8/2013 8:12:14 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Get Kamiya + Platinum Games to make DmC: Special Edition. Sell it both as a disc and a $15 DLC upgrade. A lot easier and cheaper than making an entire new game, and if you do it right you'll win back the fanbase.

I know they're tied up with multiple projects for Nintendo right now, but wait till they're available.

This game is evil to the core, there's nothing that can be done to save it.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#10Dark_EpathyPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:12 AM
This game is not a turd, and it's not evil.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa