DmC, DMC3 & 4, bayonetta & DMC1

#1tehheadPosted 2/8/2013 10:24:28 AM
DmC
goes into SSS(x9 multiplier) rank easily and never goes down until you got hit, depending on how many enemies you have, they could take a while to build up, especially weak enemy& parriers

DMC3 & 4
build SSS (x9 multiplier) just as rapid as DmC, but falls down as rapid as it goes up & if you got hit

DMC1 & bayonetta
build x9 multiplier after awhile, depends on how hard is your attack & enemy amount, and drops to 1.0 multiplier the very time you stop doing anything (running, jumping & being thrown/grabbed), multiplier doesn't fall even if you got hit

so, which 1 in your opinion, works the way technical Hack n slash should play?
i pick DMC3 & 4

bayonetta has certain mechanic that force you to keep doing something, but in my opinion, is just downright evil to new players & normal people
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/8/2013 10:55:26 AM
Bayonetta. Easily the greatest action game ever made in pretty much every regard.
#3DarkJaydragonPosted 2/8/2013 10:57:04 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Bayonetta. Easily the greatest action game ever made in pretty much every regard.

---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4Pesmerga255Posted 2/8/2013 10:59:53 AM
Could you do a breakdown of Ghost Rider's style system?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#5vaePosted 2/8/2013 11:42:38 AM
#6silentoverlordPosted 2/8/2013 11:57:09 AM

---
If you can see this sig, put this in your sig...
My PSN: Desperate_Mantis (Feel free to add me!)
#7Psychochild27Posted 2/8/2013 12:02:51 PM
tehhead posted...
DmC and DMC4
goes into SSS(x9/x4 multiplier) rank easily and never goes down until you got hit, depending on how many enemies you have, they could take a while to build up, especially weak enemy& parriers

DMC3
build SSS (x9 multiplier) just much, much quicker than DmC/DMC4, but falls down as rapid as it goes up & if you got hit

DMC1 & bayonetta
build x9 multiplier after awhile, depends on how hard is your attack & enemy amount, and drops to 1.0 multiplier the very time you stop doing anything (running, jumping & being thrown/grabbed), multiplier doesn't fall even if you got hit

Fixed that for you.

It's a toss up between DMC3 which gives the player freedom to do whatever they really want and Bayonetta which is much more demanding, but demands Wicked Weaves/finishing moves on occasion or your style points earned per hit start to peter out.
#8JELIFISH19Posted 2/8/2013 12:43:29 PM
Honestly, who cares about the style meter? Every game has exploits to get a lot of points. You don't play the game to get your style meter up, otherwise, people would just use the exploits and not enjoy the game for what they are. People play these games because they're fun. Many combos in combo videos don't even reach the highest point multiplier. These systems don't actually say what's cool, stylish or difficult. It's purely based on math equations. I don't think these games should be judged based on how difficult their scoring systems are. The games would be just as good if there was no visible scoring system. GoW and NG don't have them and those games don't seem to suffer because of it.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#9ChibiraziPosted 2/8/2013 12:46:37 PM
#10RD_21Posted 2/8/2013 1:49:56 PM

With the games I have played so far I have to agree.