How would you react to multiplayer in the next game?

#11megaultrarice34Posted 2/8/2013 1:18:43 PM
And you could already have co-op mode fun in DMC3 with Super Sparda.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#12InnerSolacePosted 2/8/2013 1:23:06 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
InnerSolace posted...
I don't want to see co-op in DMC either. Or any hack n' slash game for that matter.

Dynasty Warriors is very fun with couch co-op.

Well I've never played Dynasty Warriors before, so I can't really comment on that too much.

That game never really interested me.

Either way, for a hack n' slash game like DMC...I feel multiplayer and co-op would just be a stupid idea, indeed.
---
Signature.
#13ramzariotPosted 2/8/2013 1:28:43 PM
If it was as enjoyable as dramatic battle in Alpha 3 then I wouldn't mind.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#14Ultima_D_StrikePosted 2/8/2013 1:30:04 PM(edited)
lol there wont be a next game
---
GameFaqs the place where opinions become facts!
#15TerrorriskXPosted 2/8/2013 1:38:04 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65389024

InnerSolace posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
InnerSolace posted...
I don't want to see co-op in DMC either. Or any hack n' slash game for that matter.

Well I've never played Dynasty Warriors before, so I can't really comment on that too much.

Either way, for a hack n' slash game like DMC...I feel multiplayer and co-op would just be a stupid idea, indeed.

Think you could explain that more? I really want to know what's the vendetta of adding Co-Op into DMC, the newly conceived DmC, or any more commonly known HnS for that matter.
---
Arthur is the new Leroy Jenkins. - PKStarSaber
#16InnerSolacePosted 2/8/2013 1:43:52 PM
TerrorriskX posted...

InnerSolace posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
InnerSolace posted...

Think you could explain that more? I really want to know what's the vendetta of adding Co-Op into DMC, the newly conceived DmC, or any more commonly known HnS for that matter.

Well the most simple response I can come up with (as far as my own opinion is concerned) is: when I play Devil May Cry, I enjoy pulling out as many stylish combos as possible, and juggling as many enemies as possible on my own. The single player aspect of it all makes it more thrilling for me, and having another player do that with me would just dampen the experience.

Co-op would make more sense for a hack n' slash game like God of War. God of War isn't focused on stylish, intense gameplay like DMC and Bayonetta are. God of War seems like it would be more suitable for a co-op experience, as a lot of areas in the game are also more puzzle based as well; and I'm sure the developers could come up with some interesting co-op puzzles, and maybe some interesting co-op methods to taking down the bosses (like back-and-forth cinematic QTE instances or something). The potential possibilities for co-op in a game like God of War would be great, whereas I feel co-op would just dampen the experience of games like DMC and Bayonetta.
---
Signature.
#17ZeroX91Posted 2/8/2013 2:06:26 PM
I wouldnt mind co-op, but it would definatly feel outta place in a game like dmc. VS might work, but I don't see why you would want it strictly local coop I prefer playin with my buds on the couch, but after bein able to play with anyone anywhere it would just feel confining. (on phone at work disregard any spellin errors :p )
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#18Teh_TiltyuPosted 2/8/2013 2:08:39 PM
technically DMC3 has co-op by using doppelganger + super dante

also versus mode sounds interesting
---
http://i.imgur.com/kGwpi.png
#19TerrorriskXPosted 2/8/2013 2:17:49 PM
InnerSolace posted...
TerrorriskX posted...

InnerSolace posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
InnerSolace posted...

Well the most simple response I can come up with (as far as my own opinion is concerned) is: when I play Devil May Cry, I enjoy pulling out as many stylish combos as possible, and juggling as many enemies as possible on my own. The single player aspect of it all makes it more thrilling for me, and having another player do that with me would just dampen the experience.

Co-op would make more sense for a hack n' slash game like God of War. God of War isn't focused on stylish, intense gameplay like DMC and Bayonetta are. God of War seems like it would be more suitable for a co-op experience, as a lot of areas in the game are also more puzzle based as well; and I'm sure the developers could come up with some interesting co-op puzzles, and maybe some interesting co-op methods to taking down the bosses (like back-and-forth cinematic QTE instances or something). The potential possibilities for co-op in a game like God of War would be great, whereas I feel co-op would just dampen the experience of games like DMC and Bayonetta.

I see, that's more understandable than most answers. I can understand that concern. That's more assuming that the experience with another player is something as a story related focus and not say an option to Bloody Palace and Mission Select where you simply invite friends on your PSN/360. Like how Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and 3 Razor's Edge does it.

I don't see how God of War could do that well. Kratos doesn't have allies, right? DMC Dante at least has a few that could make themselves useful in a fight. DmC Dante had Vergil, but story related constraints and all and there is no Co-Op in it's BP it seems.

Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse had done Co-Op QTEs fairly well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H3Md0CP1ruo#t=735s
LOA more so since it considerably lowered the amount of them in battle.

I wish I had a better video of the DMC4: Brotherhood Mod. Especially if it was possible for one to play as Dante and the other as Nero. I'd show you but it's not the best example. The DMC3 Co-Op easter-eggs will have to be the best example it seems.
---
Arthur is the new Leroy Jenkins. - PKStarSaber
#20chaotix247Posted 2/8/2013 2:37:12 PM
I would like a Co-Op type of thing where you get twice as many enemies as single player and it's like Dante and Nero or Vergil as DLC.
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3