You know this game might have been better off as a new IP.

#1vital_vertigoPosted 2/8/2013 12:15:09 PM
Same game, with different names as a new IP.
Really might have sold better, and given NT some more room for other stuff in the game(not that their competent enough to use it but still)
Tons of people like myself refused to buy the game new just so they didnt support Capcom, and Tam's trolling of the old fanbase.
Its possible the PR nightmare held the game back, which is ironic because they only used he DMC name to get more sales anyway.
Anyway happy bankruptcy Capcom, you'v earned it.
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#2KyryloPosted 2/8/2013 12:16:40 PM
you know it. I know it and most of us agree-
#3RD_21Posted 2/8/2013 12:28:36 PM
Kyrylo posted...

Then just play it and get over the fact that they've changed your Dante, no?
#4leet_x1337Posted 2/8/2013 1:08:29 PM
RD_21 posted...
Kyrylo posted...

FFS. This argument again? It's like "You're just butthurt that there are no happy endings in Mass Effect 3." It wasn't correct then, and it isn't correct now.
---
Now Playing: Alpha Protocol
Updated: 07/01/13
#5RD_21Posted 2/8/2013 1:34:15 PM(edited)
leet_x1337 posted...
RD_21 posted...
Kyrylo posted...

FFS. This argument again? It's like "You're just butthurt that there are no happy endings in Mass Effect 3." It wasn't correct then, and it isn't correct now.

Apples to oranges. If someone said this game is bad it's one thing and you could give your Mas Effect analogy. If someone, like in this topic, says the game is good or could have been good if it wasn't a DMC game it ALMOST (don't get too bent out of shape here) come back to dismiss your critic by saying it's the hair color.

To try to match the Mass Effect analogy, this topic is like someone said, the Mass Effect ending could have been really good if it wasn't a Mass Effect game... wtf? It was either good or bad. Take the piece of entertainment for what it is, not what it isn't or could have been.

No kidding dude, I am seeing a lot of posts in the last day saying the game is/was fine to good, but since they've butchered Dante so much they just can't accept it and/or get over it.

Which mean the game is not bad for those people, they just can't get over the change or the way Capcom/Tameem treated them.
#6Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/8/2013 2:17:00 PM(edited)
I agree, lets look at some examples of changing the name during development

It worked for Final Fight born from a would be Street Fighter sequel
It worked for Devil May Cry born from a would be Resident Evil sequel

What do they both have in common? They're Capcom games. Why they couldn't have just changed the name is beyond me as that way it would have stood a better chance of being seen in a positive light and stand a better chance of selling.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#7RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 2:15:12 PM
No.
It would have been another NT game.
Praised by the media, but without the controversy DmC, it would have suffered the fate every other NT game did.

The feels of no sales.
#8RayconPosted 2/8/2013 2:23:00 PM
RetsuxD posted...
No.
It would have been another NT game.
Praised by the media, but without the controversy DmC, it would have suffered the fate every other NT game did.

The feels of no sales.

Very likely. But it might have done better sticking to it's original vision than trying shoehorn in more "DMC-esque" personality traits.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#9Torru369Posted 2/8/2013 3:56:54 PM
Personally I think this game doesn't hurt the dmc name, its hurt by having the dmc name. Its a good game with a good combat system, relate able characters and good platforming. I won't say its a great game, it easily has its problems. Just Capcom can't get over the thought of its sales being even that they slapped on the name to boost sales.
#10PS3DragonPosted 2/8/2013 4:03:04 PM
I'm starting to think a lot of the original DMC fan base has no sense of humor. An ironic statement considering how hilarious some of original Dante's snappy one liners were.

When I saw the wig scene, I laughed my ass off. I thought it was in good humor. Then again I was never really bothered by the hair change all that much.