You know this game might have been better off as a new IP.

#11TerrorriskXPosted 2/8/2013 5:12:01 PM(edited)
I don't think it had to be a new IP. It just needed to know what the heck it was trying to do. NT didn't handle things well when it came to the concerns of old fans. You don't alienate people if you can help it, it's bad business practice.

I think Capcom should had just made the game themselves. Lately their luck with Western Developers is not the best. I thought that RE6 was what ORC and perhaps even an updated Dino Crisis should had been, while RE6 taken a more traditional route. I feel its going to be same thing all over again once Lost Planet 3 is released.

Look at the way Capcom handled things with MegaMan Battle Network. Anyone that looks at it can tell that the game profited from the popularity of Pokemon and Digimon, not to mention the Internet and WiFi. Never did it or any other MegaMan series threaten one another's existence (Except perhaps Legends given that it only has 2 games). The series was meant to end by the 3rd and managed to make 3 more titles, yet the others continued on the entire time.

When they put it in someone else's hands, it's missing that Capcom look, feel and quality that sets there games apart from others. The appearance of the game as a whole just doesn't look Capcom imo.
---
Arthur is the new Leroy Jenkins. - PKStarSaber
#12ReliusCloverPosted 2/8/2013 5:29:57 PM
PS3Dragon posted...
I'm starting to think a lot of the original DMC fan base has no sense of humor. An ironic statement considering how hilarious some of original Dante's snappy one liners were.

When I saw the wig scene, I laughed my ass off. I thought it was in good humor. Then again I was never really bothered by the hair change all that much.

We have humour when something is funny.

This game... well, you can laugh at it - but not with it. It's a travesty.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#13_Uwye_Posted 2/8/2013 5:34:47 PM
RD_21 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
you know it. I know it and most of us agree-

Then just play it and get over the fact that they've changed your Dante, no?

He said it would have been better if they gave it a different name, not that he would like it.
#14vital_vertigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:24:33 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
RD_21 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
you know it. I know it and most of us agree-

Then just play it and get over the fact that they've changed your Dante, no?

He said it would have been better if they gave it a different name, not that he would like it.

The game is mediocre no matter what you do to it, im just saying it would have sold better as a new IP.
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#15OmidusPosted 2/8/2013 7:59:27 PM
Raycon posted...
RetsuxD posted...
No.
It would have been another NT game.
Praised by the media, but without the controversy DmC, it would have suffered the fate every other NT game did.

The feels of no sales.

Very likely. But it might have done better sticking to it's original vision than trying shoehorn in more "DMC-esque" personality traits.

people don't seem to get what reboot means... the public education has failed alot of people on this board... it is just astounding.
#16Malus_X6Posted 2/8/2013 8:09:12 PM
Raycon posted...
RetsuxD posted...
No.
It would have been another NT game.
Praised by the media, but without the controversy DmC, it would have suffered the fate every other NT game did.

The feels of no sales.

Very likely. But it might have done better sticking to it's original vision than trying shoehorn in more "DMC-esque" personality traits.

people don't seem to get what reboot means... the public education has failed alot of people on this board... it is just astounding.

Last I heard, the concepts of "reboot" and "retcon" weren't taught in ANY school.

Also, it's "a lot."
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI