DMC3 on easy mode was harder than DMD mode in this game.

#21SpecterVonBarenPosted 2/9/2013 11:45:36 PM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
DMC3 normal mode was about on par with the DMD mode in this game, maybe slightly easier but DMC3 hard was definitely harder than that. (When i said DMC3, i was referring to the first version, not DMC:SE)

Ah, so they changed the difficulty in the special eddition? You just saved me from calling bullsh*t on Gobstoppers.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#22KyryloPosted 2/10/2013 12:14:21 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...
No it's not. It's not as hard as previous games but it's not as easy as that statement says. It's pretty much equivalent to DMC4 except the bosses are a lot easier.

Sir, enemies in DMC4 had more brain and more cheapass move than any of those enemies in this game. Enemies in this game was like Gyuki Clone or Samurai Warriors soldier which basically have easy to notice attack and basically never attack you from off the camera angle.

No, DMC4 enemies overall were passive enough only Blitz's, and Faust's were that proactive about attacking, pretty much the same as Dreamrunners and Witches in this game.

Also, your statement shows your ignorance towards this matter as enemies in DMC3 and 4 were also programmed not to attack when off screen. If you are going to complain about something it should at least be something the previous games didn't do.

So, clearly you have no clue about the matter, anything else?

I'm sorry, but Dreamrunners and Witches are gimmick enemies. Witches for a clear reason, DR, because if you charge attack and release you can keep knocking them over.
It's not working on Blitzes, cause you have to be on the move. Also Chimeras are MAJOR pain in butt. Also modified Blanco Angelo (the golden ones) can pose major threat dew to powering other angels.
#23Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/10/2013 1:04:27 AM
DMC3 Vanilla on easy mode? Yes.

DMC3 Special on easy? Hell no.
#24Gobstoppers12Posted 2/10/2013 9:57:43 AM
SpecterVonBaren posted...
Iamthekuzalol posted...
DMC3 normal mode was about on par with the DMD mode in this game, maybe slightly easier but DMC3 hard was definitely harder than that. (When i said DMC3, i was referring to the first version, not DMC:SE)

Ah, so they changed the difficulty in the special eddition? You just saved me from calling bullsh*t on Gobstoppers.

Did they make it easier or harder for the special edition? Because I bought the original version on PS2 years ago. I've still never played as Vergil, though I might finally get the chance because I got DmC on PC with a bundle that included 3's special edition and 4.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#25RayconPosted 2/10/2013 10:05:33 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't remember ever having trouble with either sort of Angelo, even on DMD. They were not really all that difficult, especially, unless I'm mistaken, because you never really had to fight more than one or two at a time.

Well, there were a few a moments... I think there was a group of 5 or 7 in Mission 19, and another group of 4-5 in mission 10 or so...

A group would always spell trouble for me, unless I got lucky with that void/energy ball move of theirs.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#26KyryloPosted 2/10/2013 10:13:49 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't remember ever having trouble with either sort of Angelo, even on DMD. They were not really all that difficult, especially, unless I'm mistaken, because you never really had to fight more than one or two at a time.

Taken one-on-one, I can't think of any enemy in the series that was actually difficult. With the exception of probably a couple of enemies from DMC1, like the Shadows.

It's 3 of them if they with commander. also 5 on 1 in last stage. Shadows ere difficult. Rock Spiders were difficult. Nobodys can get you aches. And blitzes usually only appear alone.
#27FabuIousPosted 2/10/2013 10:24:41 AM
DMC1 was the only one where enemies were difficult.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#28Dark_EpathyPosted 2/10/2013 10:48:19 AM
It's 3 of them if they with commander. also 5 on 1 in last stage. Shadows ere difficult. Rock Spiders were difficult. Nobodys can get you aches. And blitzes usually only appear alone.

When I mentioned the Angelos, I should have been more specific. I only remember fighting a couple of the gold ones at a time. In general, even in groups, so long as you stayed mobile and jumped a lot, they weren't too dangerous. Especially when you could DT and overpower them.

I remember the rock spiders being a pain in groups. Well, at least during that secret mission when you have to make them kill each other. It's been a long time.

Nobodies are an interesting case--I do recall them being a challenge even one-on-one. But the grenade launcher trivialized them.

As for Blitzes, they can be tough, but you can dodge them pretty easily once you get used to their teleporting.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#29DJ_0000Posted 2/10/2013 10:51:32 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...

LOL at witches and Dreamrunner being the same like Blitz and Faust. Infected Assault alone can make those two laughable. I rather face a whole bunch of W and D than the Angelo who could parry you with shield. And hello, I tested that in DMC4 in Legendary Dark Knight mode and the angelo did stab me from behind offscreen. You think I didn't play DMC3 and 4 enough to clarify that? Also, in DMC3 is a fix camera, enemies will always move as much to get to your camera or the Fallen with appear and use its sword attack from the dead camera angle or the Abyss's teleport to my face. You sound like you could do some as amazing like happy Just Block or Distored Just Release. Please, give your high horse some where else.

If you think Angelos are hard there is something wrong with you, it's not my fault you suck at the game. Also, the previous games in fact did not allow enemies to attack from off screen, if they initiate the attack while on screen then you turn so they are off they will still complete it but they cannot initiate the attack when you can't see them. It's the same as how if a Witch summons her swords while on screen in this game they will still shoot them at Dante if you manipulate the camera to force them off screen, you will still get hit.

There is no arguing this point, anyone who actually knows how this works knows that this aspect of the programming is in fact exactly the same

So second try is another fail, anything else?
#30Ibuki_LordPosted 2/10/2013 11:31:37 AM
Probably because the games controls are clunky as hell. Dante has very little movement and the lack of free moving camera doesn't help. Give Dante the mobility and fluidity of DmC in DMC 3 and the game will be just as easy.

I've just started DMC 3 again after finishing this, the awful controls for this day and age just ruin memories of great old school fun.
---
PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord