I bet....

#11Dark_EpathyPosted 2/8/2013 3:09:32 PM
Ultimately, I play the games to have fun. I've never been interested in pushing them to their limits or exploiting time--that would take a lot of time I don't really have, and it's not necessary to complete any DMC game on any difficulty.

If I'm "illegitimate" as a result of that, then that really is just elitism talking.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#12produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:11:39 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
hoagie727 posted...
produner posted...
hoagie727 posted...
produner posted...
that my grandmother does star rave in DMC4 more consistently than most pros on this board, that is if they did.

I bet that nobody cares whether your grandma can do star rave except for you and your grandma.

The community of DMC4 cares, more consistent players and bigger fanbase for the series that plays at high level instead of arguing.

I am sorry DmC is not "Star Rave" deep. It does suck that it is boring for people that enjoy Star Raving.

You just have to keep in mind that some people can still enjoy games without glitching the game using moves that the devs never intended the player to use.

Distorted Real Impact, sure. Flying Guard? Yeah, that's one of them. I don't think Star Raves were never intended though - It's just cancelling a rave with a sky star, a jump cancel, and another rave in rapid succession.

Flying guard is really confusing, it is kinda like a glitch or a result of royal guard or the canceled move's trajectory.
#13Ink-RibbonPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:00 PM
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Hum, so your grandma likes playing Devil May Cry?

Awesome! I bet she's sexy enough. Wold you mind if I ask her out? Can't wait!

You must defeat sheng long to stand a chance.

On easy or hard mode?

Facepalm.jpg

sorry but no one is going out with an ignorant person.

0/10

I'm disappointed. Now that I was feeling motivated, you simply killed any chance I had, what a shame.

I was crazy to teach her how to perform aerial rave and I would like to show how to perform a million stab ad infinitum!

Well, wish me better luck next time, then. Don't you have any other gradma?
#14produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:18:41 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Ultimately, I play the games to have fun. I've never been interested in pushing them to their limits or exploiting time--that would take a lot of time I don't really have, and it's not necessary to complete any DMC game on any difficulty.

If I'm "illegitimate" as a result of that, then that really is just elitism talking.

No one accuses you of being "illegitimate". Some people are ignorant and they discredit the fact that some games have such depth and potential. Also, some people that barley put any time on playing games act like they are have standards and they act like such things and exploits in games are necessary. You don't have to spend over 9 hours daily in exploiting games, a couple of hours if you can spare sometime will do.
#15produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:21:37 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Hum, so your grandma likes playing Devil May Cry?

Awesome! I bet she's sexy enough. Wold you mind if I ask her out? Can't wait!

You must defeat sheng long to stand a chance.

On easy or hard mode?

Facepalm.jpg

sorry but no one is going out with an ignorant person.

0/10

I'm disappointed. Now that I was feeling motivated, you simply killed any chance I had, what a shame.

I was crazy to teach her how to perform aerial rave and I would like to show how to perform a million stab ad infinitum!

Well, wish me better luck next time, then. Don't you have any other gradma?

Press circle in mid air while in sword master. That doesn't require teaching.
#16hoagie727Posted 2/8/2013 3:22:58 PM
produner posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

No one accuses you of being "illegitimate". Some people are ignorant and they discredit the fact that some games have such depth and potential. Also, some people that barley put any time on playing games act like they are have standards and they act like such things and exploits in games are necessary. You don't have to spend over 9 hours daily in exploiting games, a couple of hours if you can spare sometime will do.

I get your point that DmC isn't as deep as 3 and 4 and I agree.

I think you just need to realize that while not having that depth is a deal killer for some, most people never reach it and don't care if it is there or not.

You may not like those people because games are catering to them.

But it is reality and harcore will never be catered to like it was in the past.
#17produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:30:44 PM
hoagie727 posted...
produner posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

I think you just need to realize that while not having that depth is a deal killer for some, most people never reach it and don't care if it is there or not.

Nah that is not hardcore. Learning such things, without trying to exploit them in the first place is not that time consuming. Also people play RPGs for +200 hours, learning star rave needs consistency and practice; two hours a week and you will get it down.

Also, add to that point that most of people in the new fanbase of DmC , have no knowledge or experience in such things, yet they act like developers should develop games to their standards only ,they bash other games with depths and they make false claims and absurd opinions based on their ignorance.
#18ZeroGearMPosted 2/8/2013 3:31:40 PM
hoagie727 posted...
produner posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

This!

I didn't play the DMC games because they had depth, I just wanted to have some fun and kill demons, what's wrong with that? I still get to do that in the new DmC so I'm perfectly fine with this game.
#19hoagie727Posted 2/8/2013 3:35:57 PM
Trolls on both sides act like the game should be just for them.

Trolls on both sides blindly bash and appear ignorant.

It sounds to me like the pro trolls are just hitting a nerve which is what they want.

Pay no mind to the ignorant trolls, pro or anti.
#20produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:39:23 PM
ZeroGearM posted...
hoagie727 posted...
produner posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

This!

I didn't play the DMC games because they had depth, I just wanted to have some fun and kill demons, what's wrong with that? I still get to do that in the new DmC so I'm perfectly fine with this game.

Well, i ignored the depth part and didn't take the combat in DmC seriously. It all came down to that rage quite, lol. The combat bored me to death, slow, unsatisfying, barely any variety , no style, weapons and animations were "weak". I stopped playing and couldn't take the interruptions, boring gameplay and other core design problems.

Also, i didn't play at high level when i played DMC for the first time. This game is simply boring and the main things that refine a hack and slash game like speed, flashy stuff ,fluidity , satisfying attacks and animations were all weak or absent in DmC and killed the fun.