DmC is better than you think

#61SpecterVonBarenPosted 2/8/2013 9:37:25 PM
Think of it like this.

You go to a restaurant and order a delicious peperoni pizza. You love it, the cheese, the sauce, the peperoni, the crust, all of it came together to make a wonderful flavor.

A few days later you go there again and you order the same pizza, but instead, the cook says he doesn't feel like making a pizza and instead wants to make a cake instead and that he wants you to eat it.

Obviously you object saying that you came to eat a pizza and since you're the customer, you should be listened to and given the order you wanted, and the fact that he's even suggesting you instead order a cake seems absurd to you.

But he insists that you buy his cake, you insist that you want a pizza and eventually you leave in a huff because the cook isn't listening to you.

So the cook decides to make the cake anyway thinking that maybe if he makes it, you'll come back and eat. And it turns out the be a pretty good cake, it's not bad. But then you, whom he wanted to eat it, doesn't show up to buy it regardless of how good it is, because you wanted a pizza.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#62RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 9:38:26 PM
Unrelated but most topic names right now are feeling like Kotaku articles.
Disgusting.
#63scorch109Posted 2/8/2013 9:38:48 PM
SpecterVonBaren posted...
Think of it like this.

You go to a restaurant and order a delicious peperoni pizza. You love it, the cheese, the sauce, the peperoni, the crust, all of it came together to make a wonderful flavor.

A few days later you go there again and you order the same pizza, but instead, the cook says he doesn't feel like making a pizza and instead wants to make a cake instead and that he wants you to eat it.

Obviously you object saying that you came to eat a pizza and since you're the customer, you should be listened to and given the order you wanted, and the fact that he's even suggesting you instead order a cake seems absurd to you.

But he insists that you buy his cake, you insist that you want a pizza and eventually you leave in a huff because the cook isn't listening to you.

So the cook decides to make the cake anyway thinking that maybe if he makes it, you'll come back and eat. And it turns out the be a pretty good cake, it's not bad. But then you, whom he wanted to eat it, doesn't show up to buy it regardless of how good it is, because you wanted a pizza.

Wow this is a great comparison. and I like your sig.
---
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky
#64portuguese100Posted 2/8/2013 10:33:51 PM
Deaththreats posted...
DmC sold more than Okami had in it's lifetime ( 2006 to 2009)..

And that's what makes me lose faith in mankind.
#65StrelokPosted 2/9/2013 3:11:36 AM
Actually, most critics said that it DOES feel like a DMC game...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#66sillycatstevenPosted 2/9/2013 3:57:07 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
RD_21 posted...
Eric_Draven3 posted...
Because we all know that a games sales = its quality

From someone who is neutral...

Well the antis will use their sales to correlate the fact that the game is bad, but the other way can't be used? If you ask me it's silly one way or the other.

We don't use sales as "the game is bad", we use it as "the sales were bad, so there will be no sequel". Trust me, we have plenty of reasons why it's bad.

No? Well, then it's strange. I keep reading lots of users saying that the game flopped because it was bad...

So, am I crazy or what?

*facepalm
it's a matter of cause and effect. antis: bad game caused bad sales. pros: good sales proves game is good. fact: bad game can cause bad sales, but good sales can not be used to prove whether a game is good or bad. eg, bayonetta and dragon age 2
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#67_Uwye_Posted 2/9/2013 4:20:00 AM
Strelok posted...
Actually, most critics said that it DOES feel like a DMC game...

Most critics also said that the Radiant AI in Oblivion was good.