Ok lets be serious, do you think DMC1 is better than this?

#31DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/8/2013 7:07:03 PM
No, simply because Nightmare. I ****ing hate that boss.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#32Dark_EpathyPosted 2/8/2013 7:09:12 PM
It's not necessarily better. It's hard to say. I think I'd always pick DMC1 over any other game in the franchise, though. It's very slick and well-designed.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#33Pesmerga255Posted 2/8/2013 7:12:09 PM
DmC falls 2 letters short of "classy".

Guess which two.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#34KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/8/2013 8:02:42 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DmC falls 2 letters short of "classy".

Guess which two.

Is it the C and the Y?

I think it is because compared to original Dante, Dino is like a little girl.

...... Meh, that's a stretch...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#35OmidusPosted 2/8/2013 8:04:03 PM
DmC 1 was THE original, so comparing which one is better is an unfair comparison. But sales wise the reboot is doing better lol
#36KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/8/2013 8:05:47 PM
Omidus posted...
DmC 1 was THE original, so comparing which one is better is an unfair comparison. But sales wise the reboot is doing better lol

Source?

DmC has yet to break a million, and the sales percentage drops every week by very large amounts.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#37cyanide_suicidePosted 2/8/2013 8:11:04 PM
Omidus posted...

Except that the reboot is on track to being the WORST selling DMC title ever. Yes, less than the previous worst of the original DMC3, which sold 1.3 million copies. The re-released DMC3, DMC3:SE sold 2.2 million in it's own right.
#38SandOnMyBootPosted 2/8/2013 8:14:31 PM
Devil May Cry 1 was the first game of its kind. It created the game style that tons of other now-popular hack n slash games modeled themselves after (often while taking all the credit for themselves). The gameplay is solid with a very high skill ceiling and offers difficulty (Easy Automatic) for the casuals as well as the most hardcore of players (Dante Must Die!) while offering tons of secrets, unlockables, and replay value, the characters and events are interesting and likeable, the music is pretty good, the atmosphere and settings are great, and not to mention how incredibly innovative it was.

You're a fool if you think it's worse than DmC.
#39RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 8:17:21 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
No, simply because Nightmare. I ****ing hate that boss.

git gud scrub

But no seriously, Nightmare has a pattern, an easy one to figure out, but his attacks come out too fast, god damn it.

I'm replaying DMC1 on hard.
Dear god, Nightmare is NOTHING compared to Griffon.

Griffon's attacks now leave an electric trail everywhere, so you're always likely to end up on a lightning cage, which greatly reduces your ground dodging space.

Nelo was also noticeably harder, though, I kept making stupid mistakes.

I've got no idea of how am I gonna get past DMD.
#40RichterB17Posted 2/8/2013 9:01:21 PM(edited)
chaotix247 posted...
I think Chaos Legion is better than this game.

I don't think I ever made past level 3 in that game. I should play that game again.

EDIT: Also yes I think DMC1 is a better game than DmC. I enjoy the atmosphere, the levels, the enemies, the bosses, and the move sets more than what I've played from DmC.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden