Ok lets be serious, do you think DMC1 is better than this?

#41Reginleif20Posted 2/8/2013 8:07:21 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
come on now....

AYFKM?
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#42scorch109Posted 2/8/2013 9:22:18 PM
RetsuxD posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
No, simply because Nightmare. I ****ing hate that boss.

git gud scrub

But no seriously, Nightmare has a pattern, an easy one to figure out, but his attacks come out too fast, god damn it.

I'm replaying DMC1 on hard.
Dear god, Nightmare is NOTHING compared to Griffon.

Griffon's attacks now leave an electric trail everywhere, so you're always likely to end up on a lightning cage, which greatly reduces your ground dodging space.

Nelo was also noticeably harder, though, I kept making stupid mistakes.

I've got no idea of how am I gonna get past DMD.

Just fire like 2 meteors and griffin dies.
---
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky
#43DrLight66Posted 2/8/2013 9:25:05 PM(edited)
RetsuxD posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
No, simply because Nightmare. I ****ing hate that boss.

git gud scrub

But no seriously, Nightmare has a pattern, an easy one to figure out, but his attacks come out too fast, god damn it.

I'm replaying DMC1 on hard.
Dear god, Nightmare is NOTHING compared to Griffon.

Griffon's attacks now leave an electric trail everywhere, so you're always likely to end up on a lightning cage, which greatly reduces your ground dodging space.

Nelo was also noticeably harder, though, I kept making stupid mistakes.

I've got no idea of how am I gonna get past DMD.

Ifrit Gauntlets absolutely pwn Nightmare. Get the upgrade that surrounds you in flames when you jump, it parries Nightmare's "stab" attack causing him to be stunned for a good 12 to 15 seconds with his core exposed in which case you'll want to use the attack where you hold down the gauntlet attack button and do the full charged up combo. Never hit the core with projectiles or the non-charged melee attack. I think too you have to get an upgrade for that but forget.

Use ebony and ivory against Griffin 2, get as high as possible and hope for luck. When he jumps down onto the ship just keep firing away and DT when you can and use DT'd bullets on him.

Against Griffin 3, at the beginning of the fight meteor 2 will take off like a third of his health lol and you'll destroy his one wing in no time flat. From then on just use the grenade launcher and use the roll cancelling trick along with the trick where you DT when you shoot a grenade, then un-DT before hit hits to increase your DT gauge. When you have a chance use meteor 2 and you'll destroy him easily.

Also, I didn't know about this until i played the game again a few years ago but you can press the R3 button to swap out Alastor and Ifrit Gloves, i never knew this back when i first played the game when it originally came out lol and i hated having to go to the pause menu to switch melee weapons so i always stuck with Alastor haha but never realized how powerful Ifrit was until like a decade later lol
#44IamthekuzalolPosted 2/8/2013 9:36:13 PM
DMC revolutionized the HnS genre. DmC besmirched it. Need I say more.
#45RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 9:40:13 PM
Griffon gets me before I can get the Meteor ready, and while that doesn't make Dante flinch, it still hurts a lot.
#46scorch109Posted 2/8/2013 9:41:07 PM
Which Griffon fight?
---
#47RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 9:44:18 PM
All of them.

On Hard, mind you, not normal, that's why his attacks hurt a lot.
#48StriderOWPosted 2/8/2013 10:09:51 PM
DMC1 back in 2001 for its era in gaming then YES it is a lot better. What has DmC done in this era of gaming that was so amazing compared to what DMC1 did in its era of gaming? DMC1 revolutionized a genre. DmC wasn't even better then DMC4...
#49scorch109Posted 2/8/2013 11:02:34 PM
Griffin 1 just spam E&I and DTed E&I or skip him, Griffin 2 as soon as he starts landing charge a meteor you should be able to fit 2 meteor lvl 2's in which'll leave him at like 5% hp which you can just knock off with anything
---
#50DarkWind313Posted 2/8/2013 11:06:31 PM
Yes, much.

Hell, I'd rather play DMC2 than this.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr] -- Member XVII of the KI:U Sky Kings --
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png