Reason for the hate?

#101ShadowZero007Posted 2/12/2013 11:18:51 PM
These topics are a headache.
People get way to heated over a game.

All in all; I personally enjoyed it a great deal.
DMC4 was pretty bleh to me (I'm not truestyle status; sue me how many people can actually claim they can push DMC4, or DmC for that matter; to it's limits to really say the combat is too "shallow" for them.) and overall I had more fun with this one.

Not to say that there aren't reasons for peoples distaste. However I find a lot of it is overblown and it's not nearly as bad as some people would have you believe (If you ask me it's rather good.)

All in all; different strokes for different folks. All this arguing only serves to make both sides look like rabid, borderline obsessed, near delusional, extremists (On both ends).
If someone enjoys it; good for them. Don't berate them for it. Alternatively don't call everyone who dislikes it out.
If you dislike it; good. We don't need to hear the same mockery over it daily. It gets tiresome and makes it hard to be civil.

One could say "Pros" act the way they do in reaction to antis being so full of malice.
And one could say antis react so violently due to pros disregarding what they see as valid arguments.

The voting was done with out monetary assets. All this back and forth is just unpleasant. Though this message is just likely to be lost in the chaff; so enjoy your online text bouts; you must find them awfully entertaining to keep it up the way you folks do.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#102game freakozoidPosted 2/16/2013 12:22:06 PM
No if you actually took the time to read through other posts instead of basing all the anti's from ONE topic you would see that actually most of us HAVE played DmC we just don't LIKE it so get that through your thick skull.

I would see why people would criticize antis if you and varuney are an example of it. They just don't get simple things. The criticism was about posts seen in this topic. If it was about all the topics in a whole it would be a different thing entirely. it is not my fault that the posts in this topic were so basic and seemed whiny.

No instead they just continue to post walls and walls and walls of text which is even more sad.

Is this supposed to be a jab at me. So just because in my downtime instead of stalking the forum on gameFAQs I write out posts that is sad. Dude, we are all on GameFAQs here so it's all just as sad. He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You know it's funny game freakozoid that you criticize most of us anti's of not giving DmC a fair chance and jumping the gun when you have actually done the same with lumping the whole anti group as people who have not even played the game or have only played the demo. But if you actually had seen other posts and topics you would have seen that the majority of us have played DmC. So yes we did give it a chance but we just don't like it so what Fkn else do you want to hear? Hypocrite!

Yeah go on and write some bulls$#t 1000 word essay trying to prove me wrong which I'm not even going to bother to read.

And we all know you aren't going to bother to read as you yourself must realize how wrong what you said even is. I bring up what was posted in the topic itself. But no, you go on ahead and ignore what actually happened so you can make yourself feel better and feel like you have justification for insulting me. If you'd actually like to use actual facts and evidence in the future, go ahead. Sadly, form the 3 posts you have posted, I can see that won't happen. And lol at the pot calling the kettle black that you get so upset about my paragraph posts but still feel the need to reply in 3 separate posts in a row, but also to reply anyway instead of just walking away from the topic.
#103Supreme121Posted 2/16/2013 12:27:53 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
*whacks TC across the back of his legs*

YE WEREN'T THINKIN' WITH YER DIPSTICK, JIMMEH!

+1
#104game freakozoidPosted 2/16/2013 12:34:14 PM
Says the one who attempts to mask his hatred of us with a wall of text.

Oh Varuney, please don't make me point out how

A. Your posts are as long as mine and you post nearly as often.
B. By the mere fact that I put paragraphs in my posts and separate them with other clearly marked quote boxes, that they are disqualified from being 'walls of text.' But hey, I guess that can be another term that both you and derrick need to look up.
C. Your rebuttal had nothing at all to do with what I said. Nice attempt to try to change the subject.

No such point exists.

Well, apart from the fact that both you and I have commented on it....

Yes you did. You are taking the word "blind" too literally. What I meant was that you accuse us BEFORE dismissing any of our explanations. You claimed that we blindly hate this game despite(you've read all responses to TC, right?) us pointing out legitimate and damning flaws.

Okay, so it is painfully obvious that you still don't know what to blindly accuse means. It is also painfully obvious that you have gone a long time without actually reading the first bunch of posts. Not to mention the fact that again, what I said was my opinion on what I saw in this topic. I read every post in the topic before commenting. Thus is it strictly flat out impossible for it to have been blind accusation. I am not taking the word to literally, I am taking it as what it actually means. If there is a different phrase you'd like to use that actually means what you are trying to get across, then by all means, use it. However, it is not my fault that you continually chose bad phrases that don't actually mean what you want them to mean.

No, I don't need to write senseless walls of texts just so could feel good about myself. It was a mere impression from your side and as much as I'd wouldn't like to, I need to at least try to put something in your already empty mind. I've already explained what I meant with "blind"

Are you trying to talk to yourself in this post or something? As all of this screams somebody trying to talk to you.
#105game freakozoidPosted 2/16/2013 12:58:00 PM(edited)
Of course you can't, it was already simple.

And yet you still don't get it.

This statement ironically suits you more. You read what we put without bothering to identify if these were actually legitimate or not, no insight, whatsoever. There is an exception, however, you don't seem smart at all, you simply like arguing with people on the net, writing walls of texts.

I feel like you saw what Derrick wrote and though, "OMG THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!" as you have no written the 'wall of text' comment 3 times in your post. And not I am only on comment number four of yours. It makes it even more sad as I have in fact no written walls of texts. Third off, how does this statement suit me more. You realize that you are arguing that the student shouldn't receive a bad grade on something that he knowingly did a horrible job on just because he has done a good job on others. You tried to spin this one back on me and throw insults on me without any reason. Try backing up your arguments with stuff, don't get so lost on the insults that you ignore what was actually said. How does this relate back to me?

There is no debate. We are simply arguing. The moment you said you were basing what you said on impression and "observation" invalidated this.

Did you really say that a debate can't be at all based on impression or observation. Sure you could say that over GameFAQs would not be a formal matter and you are right, but regardless 'debate' and 'argue' are used interchangeably in conversation. Hence why they are pretty close synonyms of eachother.

Win? I don't need to win "debates" on the net especially if it ends up with me getting nothing. And no, you've clarified nothing, how I wish I couldn't see your post even if I did cover my ears and go "NAH NAH NAH".

If you want to see all I've clarified, reread the topic as I've clarified nothing. The truth of the matter is you'v repeatedly done nothing but ignore my points, then pretend that they were never there in the first place, and then insult me. When somebody else agrees with you, you seem to like to jump on that bandwagon and basically reuse whatever they said multiple times as if that helps your side, and then you'd proceed to insult me more. If anything, you've made the 'anti' side look even worse. Oh, and don't worry, if you can't already then you will eventually be able to ignore users. No skin off my back if somebody who can't actually pay attention to what I said, then proceed to pretend that I never said anything and then insults me afterwards want to ignore me.

Also note, that a great way to just not see my posts if they bother you so much would be to you know, not go to the topic. It isn't like anybody is forcing you to come back to the topic and by doing so and whining about my posts, it is causing what you do say to lose any credibility.
#106akira_hisyamPosted 2/16/2013 1:02:09 PM
you know what,we all tired of this,many same topic and most of us are lazy to point out why the game are terrible,everytime one of us tell the reason why this game is bad,DmC fanboy come and twisted everything.we said A fanboy twisted as x+A<C-B or ''antis hate this game because of hair'' ''they just blindly hate this game'' ''im bet most of antis didnt play this game''.

im ask you DmC fanboy,how many of you can admit this game are bad and accept it?

let me guess,none??

sorry for my bad language.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#107game freakozoidPosted 2/16/2013 1:12:03 PM
akira_hisyam posted...
you know what,we all tired of this,many same topic and most of us are lazy to point out why the game are terrible,everytime one of us tell the reason why this game is bad,DmC fanboy come and twisted everything.we said A fanboy twisted as x+A<C-B or ''antis hate this game because of hair'' ''they just blindly hate this game'' ''im bet most of antis didnt play this game''.

im ask you DmC fanboy,how many of you can admit this game are bad and accept it?

let me guess,none??

sorry for my bad language.

Couldn't it also be argued you are twisting what these fanboys are saying. Or the fact that in this very post you are trying to get 'fanboys' to say that something they like is bad and then try to make a point out of it. Do you try to get people that like chocolate ice cream to say that it actually tastes like s***? Really, the English wasn't the problem with your post. It was the logic.
#108Muscle BusterPosted 2/16/2013 1:21:57 PM
james-smith728 posted...
So I just beat this game; I enjoyed it a lot. But I'm hearing that a lot of devil may cry fans refused to buy this or something? What's the reason for that? I haven't really been paying attention to the news about this game, you can say I've been living under a rock. Is there a legitimate reason for fans disliking this game, or are they just mad about his skinny jeans and non white hair?

Malus_X6 posted...
*whacks TC across the back of his legs*

YE WEREN'T THINKIN' WITH YER DIPSTICK, JIMMEH!

For some reason, that exchange made me burst out laughing. I don't know why.

I have nothing to add to the topic, TBH.
---
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4CL4Y2Cx0 / http://tinyurl.com/8ccm7pv
#109akira_hisyamPosted 2/16/2013 1:44:52 PM
lol,u use ice cream and chocolate as logic?? ok here my logic bout ice cream and chocolate,when i ate it taste delicous ofcoz but for the game,you dont need to be pro gamer or whatever it is to know how distasteful the game are,im a casual player,when im enjoy the game im enjoy it,when the game are bad that when i put my controller down.hell even i can admitted some of game i play have a flaw,bad,terrible,worse and i wont blindly defend the game i love when other point out what it lack.

most of us give a valid reason and most of fanboy on every damn topic always use ''it about the hair'' ''the antis are whining little b****'' bla bla bla and few of them give a valid reason why this game is good, im respect it both antis and pros.

now for closure can we stop both antis and pros? this kind of topic become so stupid each day and for any person want to make new topic ''why this game get all hate??'' i advise please no,to many same topic,just search it.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#110XxIamKiraXxPosted 2/16/2013 5:59:46 PM
There is no reason. People can't accept the game going in a new direction so they whine and complain until they get their way. And when they don't, they whine and complain some more. They're never satisfied, and they never will be. Devil May Cry 5 could come out, and they'd still find something. Bet they wouldn't be complaining so much if it were original Dante.