Reason for the hate?

#61VaruneyPosted 2/10/2013 4:35:23 AM
game freakozoid posted...
Varuney posted...
SpecterVonBaren posted...
Now I get that it is the cool thing to blindly hate this game and yes, there are flaws in it, but just reading through this topic alone you can just tell people either have never actually played it and yet are commenting on it, or like to accentuate the negatives beyond all comprehension.

Or it could be that they've discussed this topic so much and for so long that they no longer have the desire to make sophisticated and long winded comments anymore when they've already said it before, it didn't change opinions then, and they're just tired of saying it. Once a person gets worn down they just stop giving a crap and on forums that can lead to one sentence posts.

First off to above poster, not a fanboy. He'll I even said it had flaws. Don't be stupid and realize that just because somebody doesn't blindly hate something doesn't mean they're a fanboy.

Anyways to this post, if they are so tired and worn out about it, then why keep posting about it? Why not move to a new game that does keep them interested? It just makes their side and their opinions look petty.

So does yours, sadly.

Oh please, go into detail on why its petty.

Very well. First off, the fact that you accuse us of blindly hating this game, whilst claiming that it does have flaws is, in itself, a contradiction(a small one, anyways). NT was confident that this game would "break the myth that all video game stories are trite", they even began insulting the fans that they were trying to sell their game to. That it turned out such a mediocre game was reason for both disappointment, seeing what DMC is devolving into, and slight happiness, with what just happened Capcom is highly likely to continue the original series or simply lay it to rest(the latter more of a given, after seeing what they are "capable" of).

Yes we are tired, but only of quoting ourselves again and again, just so that we could prove our point to the people that are seemingly too dense to stop and consider what we meant. You also can't deny the entertainment value of these boards, which I dare say, is a lot greater than what most of the game offers. Couple it with the fact that this board is regularly flooded with updates(whether they be truth or counterfactual).

It is petty because you blatantly accuse us without hearing what we have to say.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#62TheSL1ClubPosted 2/10/2013 5:15:11 AM
Why the hate? Watch this video someone posted before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eip8vU_RRB4

Pretty much summed up the whole thing that the antis being talking about, couldn't agree more with the review, which in my opinion is better than most reviews from well known gaming sites, it has great humors as well.
#63game freakozoidPosted 2/10/2013 9:31:57 AM
Very well. First off, the fact that you accuse us of blindly hating this game, whilst claiming that it does have flaws is, in itself, a contradiction(a small one, anyways). NT was confident that this game would "break the myth that all video game stories are trite", they even began insulting the fans that they were trying to sell their game to. That it turned out such a mediocre game was reason for both disappointment, seeing what DMC is devolving into, and slight happiness, with what just happened Capcom is highly likely to continue the original series or simply lay it to rest(the latter more of a given, after seeing what they are "capable" of).

Okay, so from this I can see that you didn't actually read my post but instead picked out a couple bullet points so that you could then insult me. The 'contradiction' itself is impossible to argue as blindly hating a game and a game having some flaws are not mutually exclusive. Both can happen and both have happened in many games. People blindly hate Ocarina of Time, one of the best games of all times. However, even if you ask fans of the game, they can also point out some flaws.

The second part of your post really comes down the marketing and not the actual game. Now, just like you, I am absolutely dumbfounded that a company would build up and hype their product to sell copies. I know I personally can't think of a single other company that would embellish the quality of their product in order to generate sales. In the business world, that kind of thing is unthinkable!

Now in all seriousness, I do agree with you that insulting the fans was not the way to go. However, this again is a bit of the PR team and not the actual game.

Lastly I'd say that the game actually turned out extremely good. Sure it may not have all the features that previous DMCs had but it by itself is still very fun to play with some nice set pieces. Taken by itself, it is extremely fun to play through. Plus as for mediocre, it does have an 85 on metacritic. It really is only with the 'spurned' fanbase that it is considered a mediocre game.

Yes we are tired, but only of quoting ourselves again and again, just so that we could prove our point to the people that are seemingly too dense to stop and consider what we meant.

Okay, sit down for this as this may blow your mind. The people you talk to, may just be, you know, you ready for this, new people that you haven't explained your point of view to. Or they may just be people that disagree with you about something. Both are perfectly acceptable. Just because they don't instantly conform to your way of thinking after a sentence or two from you does not make them dense, you thinking they should however does make you dense.

You also can't deny the entertainment value of these boards, which I dare say, is a lot greater than what most of the game offers. Couple it with the fact that this board is regularly flooded with updates(whether they be truth or counterfactual).

Entertainment value that leaves you tired and worn out however (and not in a good way). I'd hope that you would be able to find a better avenue of entertainment that doesn't have such a nasty side effect.

It is petty because you blatantly accuse us without hearing what we have to say.

Actually I read through every post in this topic and commented on that. So if you would have actually read my post you'd get this, but in truth I did see what they had to say. However, you also can't blame me if I got a misinformed view because so many people here were actually to lazy to put out a good argument.
#64game freakozoidPosted 2/10/2013 10:04:01 AM
TheSL1Club posted...
Why the hate? Watch this video someone posted before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eip8vU_RRB4

Pretty much summed up the whole thing that the antis being talking about, couldn't agree more with the review, which in my opinion is better than most reviews from well known gaming sites, it has great humors as well.

Thank you for this. This atleast gives a better stated reason. While I definitely don't agree with all his reasons and I feel like he really exaggerates some thing while ignoring certain aspect of other things, he atleast voices his problems and it is clear that he actually played the game to judge first. Something I wish more people would do.
#65NepluisPosted 2/10/2013 10:57:18 AM
I think the hate its because the game doesn't needed a reboot in the first place: it wasnt an over exploted franchise when it comes to games (like castlevania) it has only 4 games (and the app), the games were good and the characters too, we wasn't tired or sick from the old characters personalities and games, we loved it, we wanted more of them .And in dmc they changed it. I like dmc, I've played all the four devil may cry and dmc and I liked it, it's very good but like I say, I think the reason it's because the unnecessary reboot,
#66Malus_X6Posted 2/10/2013 12:03:55 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
I have no diseases ._.

Well... I'm sure you have one or two a Tricorder couldn't pick up >.>

Don't make me get Raiden in here

Which one? The god, the top-down shooter game, or the Metal Gear one?

MGS

Then I shall call upon the god.

LORD RAIDEN! HEAR MY PLEA!

This noob has dared challenge me, an in so doing, challenged your very existence! I beg of you, so this noob who's boss so that none may ever again question your power!

*Raiden fries Raiden and Arjay*

I win :D
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#67rockman11_zPosted 2/10/2013 1:10:58 PM
rockman11_z posted...
You got to love the new pros that posts how bad antis are and when people explain their stance, they don't respond anymore.

Or people don't check gameFAQs every single day of their life.

Or maybe when they something stupid and someone counter argues them, they shut up.

Or maybe they like to troll and leave.

Or maybe all of above...

Who knows?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#68craelonPosted 2/10/2013 1:14:08 PM
BECAUSE HIS HAIR!

Which I reply, I don't care.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#69Pesmerga255Posted 2/10/2013 1:16:27 PM
Itz all 'bout da hair, yo.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#70rockman11_zPosted 2/10/2013 1:23:39 PM
Nepluis posted...
I think the hate its because the game doesn't needed a reboot in the first place: it wasnt an over exploted franchise when it comes to games (like castlevania) it has only 4 games (and the app), the games were good and the characters too, we wasn't tired or sick from the old characters personalities and games, we loved it, we wanted more of them .And in dmc they changed it. I like dmc, I've played all the four devil may cry and dmc and I liked it, it's very good but like I say, I think the reason it's because the unnecessary reboot,

This. DMC does not need a reboot at all. DmC is decent, yes, but is it really necessary to reboot the franchise we love?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)