I've only ever played 4, AMA

#1leet_x1337Posted 2/8/2013 11:07:47 PM(edited)
Before you ask: it's because I only have a PC, and the PC version of 3 was...yeah. I use this board because it's where most of the activity regarding this game is taking place.

Ask me anything but that.

Edit: Another thing not to ask: I'm up to Son of Sparda, mission 6. Stupid Dagon in the Gunstar Heroes room...
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#2RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 10:46:59 PM
Is sanity the price to pay for power?
#3leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:48:44 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Is sanity the price to pay for power?

Humans...they are but stubborn, and, foolish. It takes a journey to Hell for them to accept and praise their god. A fact that tickles irony's judgement.
---
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/8/2013 10:49:26 PM
What happened to the story that would break myths? Where are the Shakespearean characters? When does it start to feel like a classic DMC game? At which point does 30 fps feel like 60 fps?

Seeing as none of these happened in DmC, I'm wondering when they actually will happen. Do we have to wait for the Super Mega Turbo DLC to come out?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:51:56 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
What happened to the story that would break myths? Where are the Shakespearean characters? When does it start to feel like a classic DMC game? At which point does 30 fps feel like 60 fps?

Seeing as none of these happened in DmC, I'm wondering when they actually will happen. Do we have to wait for the Super Mega Turbo DLC to come out?

The myth that Dante is unbeatable, for starters - Nero manages it at the start of the game, though that was mostly because Dante didn't know how tough Nero was. The second time doesn't really count as a 'victory' for Nero except on gameplay terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bervXvm1A (if Youtube is broken: the dialogue between Dante and Agnus.)

I wouldn't know; it's the only one I've played.

It runs at 90 for me. On maximum texture settings and a decent anti-alias.

Probably.
---
#6StepswordsmanPosted 2/8/2013 10:58:41 PM
I decided to install DMC3 on the PC again, and apparently, some of the gamepad utilities out there on the internets make that game surprisingly almost playable.

For example, so far, I got my ass kicked by Cerberus, Beowulf and Vergil, and I can't blame the controls for any of those. If that tells anybody anything. Though it was totally the button setup that I can't get used to after DmC. Curse you, Tameem!
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#7RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 11:00:33 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
I decided to install DMC3 on the PC again, and apparently, some of the gamepad utilities out there on the internets make that game surprisingly almost playable.

For example, so far, I got my ass kicked by Cerberus, Beowulf and Vergil, and I can't blame the controls for any of those. If that tells anybody anything. Though it was totally the button setup that I can't get used to after DmC. Curse you, Tameem!

lol 2 dodge buttons and no lockon.
Enjoy having to get used to rolling and lockon again.
#8leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:03:18 PM
Stepswordsman posted...

Unfortunately, stuff like the resolution and framerate issues are what bother me more about it. In any case, if I ever did wind up winning a PS3 in a raffle, possibly the only game I'd actually get would be the HD Collection. And I'd only ever play 3 out of it.

Ah, well, wishful thinking won't really get me anywhere.
---
#9StepswordsmanPosted 2/8/2013 11:07:10 PM
RetsuxD posted...
lol 2 dodge buttons and no lockon.
Enjoy having to get used to rolling and lockon again.

Nope, nothing like that! I am missing one button, but that's because my R3 doesn't work at all. However, jump/roll, lock-on, target change and taunt all work perfectly!

And before anybody asks, yes, I am having a blast, something that didn't happen when playing DmC.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#10KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/8/2013 11:14:59 PM
leet_x1337 posted...
Stepswordsman posted...

Unfortunately, stuff like the resolution and framerate issues are what bother me more about it. In any case, if I ever did wind up winning a PS3 in a raffle, possibly the only game I'd actually get would be the HD Collection. And I'd only ever play 3 out of it.

Ah, well, wishful thinking won't really get me anywhere.

Why wouldn't you play the others?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]