I've only ever played 4, AMA

#11leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:16:42 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Why wouldn't you play the others?

Mostly because I've heard that 3 is the best one overall. 1 had atmosphere down, but the controls and the camera weren't as good. As for 2...I'd say that 2 and the PC version of 3 hold about the same position on the expanded series rankings.
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#12KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/8/2013 11:18:19 PM
leet_x1337 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Mostly because I've heard that 3 is the best one overall. 1 had atmosphere down, but the controls and the camera weren't as good. As for 2...I'd say that 2 and the PC version of 3 hold about the same position on the expanded series rankings.

Yeah, definitely avoid 2, but 1 is still fantastic. I mean, it revolutionized the genre. Surely it's worth a play-through?

But yeah, DMC3 is probably the best overall. DMC1 is still very close though, imo it still stands up today.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#13leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:20:53 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Yeah, definitely avoid 2, but 1 is still fantastic. I mean, it revolutionized the genre. Surely it's worth a play-through?

I'll cross that bridge once I reach it. I'm not buying an entire console for one game.
---
#14DrakeFrostPosted 2/8/2013 11:22:28 PM
leet_x1337 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

HD Collection fixed control issue in 1, as far as i know.
---
DMC4>DMC3>DMC>DMC2>>>>>>>>DmC
#15Psychochild27Posted 2/8/2013 11:29:25 PM
leet_x1337 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

If you can side roll, lock on and use stinger/high time consistently, you'll have zero issue with DMC1's controls in the HD Collection because they're identical - Dante has less cancellable frames in his attacks, but that's about it. The only real complain that still holds water are the fixed camera angles, but they're perfectly manageable (If disorienting in a handful of places).

No point defending DMC2, it's a bad game through and through (And don't let people tell you otherwise because of its legacy that it gets unfairly hated, that game is baaaaaaaaaaaaad).
#16leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:36:13 PM
This probably defeats the purpose of an AMA, but I'm going to ask something: Considering that my only experience is with 4, would I actually like DmC?
---
#17RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 11:40:43 PM
I liked 1, 3 and 4, but didn't like DmC.

From my experience, probably no.

PLAY ON LDK GOD DAMMOT
#18leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:42:22 PM
RetsuxD posted...
PLAY ON LDK GOD DAMMOT

Dante was harder than I was used to, but he only pulled out Gilgamesh and Coyote-A a couple of times, and I managed to throw in DT'd Buster.

Chapter 2 kind of kicked my ass. Granted, it was fun as heck to be fighting against a literal horde of Scarecrows, but when you can't see their telegraphs because other Scarecrows are in the way...Still, it'll be good for grinding for the rest of the skills.
---
#19RetsuxDPosted 2/8/2013 11:43:59 PM
Oh boy, you're gonna love stage 4 and stage 7.

Keep in mind, LDK is actually SoS but with different enemy spawns, which is why you take so much damage.

Also I died on the Mephistos on stage 5..
#20leet_x1337(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:47:57 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Oh boy, you're gonna love stage 4 and stage 7.

Keep in mind, LDK is actually SoS but with different enemy spawns, which is why you take so much damage.

Also I died on the Mephistos on stage 5..

I had to use a gold orb to clear that on SoS. I'm probably going to love stage 5 on LDK too...
---