The content in this game doesn't justifies the 60 bucks price point!

#1Hustler NinePosted 2/9/2013 2:51:45 AM(edited)
I don't count the difficulties as content.

The game has only two unlockable costumes. Where is the bloody palace every sequel had after DMC1?

See GoW Ascension will have difficulties too, it will have one costume(at least), some arena levels and already includes multiplayer part in the package.

So how am I supposed to go and spend 60 bucks for a game that doesn't have as much content as its prequels?
One of my friends who got the game is complaining about this too.

I will just wait and buy the "gold" edition when it includes everything for even less money.

*justify* - sorry for the mistake
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#2FireMage7777Posted 2/9/2013 2:50:37 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
I don't count the difficulties as content.

The game has only two unlockable costumes. Where is the bloody palace every sequel had after DMC1?

See GoW Ascension will have difficulties too, it will have one costume(at least), some arena levels and already includes multiplayer part in the package.

So how am I supposed to go and spend 60 bucks for a game that doesn't have as much content as its prequels?
One of my friends who got the game is complaining about this too.

I will just wait and buy the "gold" edition when it inculdes everything for even less money.

But the game is perfect as is!!! Tameem said so!!!
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#3Xtreme65Posted 2/9/2013 2:50:53 AM
DMC series has thrived on replayability. All DMC's last less the 10 hours for the first playthrough. DMC is not a game series that was meant for one playthrough but to challenge oneself on higher difficulties and trying to S rank every mission. I have clocked in over 100 hours for each game. I say thats worth 60 dollars.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#4VaruneyPosted 2/9/2013 2:51:34 AM
It's not Capcom anymore, TC, it's Cashcom.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#5Xtreme65Posted 2/9/2013 2:55:38 AM
Oh and you'd be wrong. Each DMC has around the same content. Hell DMC4 had next to no unlockables.
---
#6Hustler Nine(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:55:39 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
DMC series has thrived on replayability. All DMC's last less the 10 hours for the first playthrough. DMC is not a game series that was meant for one playthrough but to challenge oneself on higher difficulties and trying to S rank every mission. I have clocked in over 100 hours for each game. I say thats worth 60 dollars.

I know and I replayed them a lot but still the prequels had more content in them. See DMC3 had more costumes, bloody palace and some art pictures as a bonus.

We all know why bloody palace is not there.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#7KyryloPosted 2/9/2013 3:01:22 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

I know and I replayed them a lot but still the prequels had more content in them. See DMC3 had more costumes, bloody palace and some art pictures as a bonus.

bloody palace will be released as free DLC...but replayability on this one is much lower than on previous ones.
#8Xtreme65Posted 2/9/2013 3:03:02 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Bloody Palace is free DLC coming. Should it have been in the game in the first place? Yes but I'm not gonna complain since its FREE.

DMC4 only had Bloody Palace and Super Nero/Dante with some clear art and concept art.

DMC3 did have alot but mostly costumes.and art. Super Dante, DMC3SE had Vergil as an unlockable with his own set of costumes, and Bloody Palace.

DMC2 only had extra costumes and Trish

DMC1 only had costumes and Super Dante.

DmC has 3 costumes on disc. Artwork, and super Dante. Bloody Palace will be free and if you want you can spend 4 dollars on 3 more costumes. Vergil's downfall is also supposed to add hours of gameplay and more unlockables. Don't know if thats true but we are getting another character and some of us are getting it for free.

DmC ,meets the series standard for content. even without DLC.
---
#9TheSL1ClubPosted 2/9/2013 3:04:24 AM
It's fun to replay previous titles to get S rank in every mission on HnH and DmD, at least it's some what challenging, this title, not so much, SSS ranks means next to nothing, and not fun to get as well, and personally I couldn't care less about leaderboards.
#10Xtreme65Posted 2/9/2013 3:06:10 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

bloody palace will be released as free DLC...but replayability on this one is much lower than on previous ones.

I agree. But because its so goddamn easy to get SSS rank on missions. Still given incentive to beat Nephilim, Son of Sparda, and Dante Must Die though.
---