The ultimate irony

#1Foxxie_kunPosted 2/9/2013 3:05:14 AM
To me, the ultimate irony is that the antis in their constant hatred of change (be it to gameplay, story, characters, or other aspects) have deterred many people who were on the fence from buying the game, despite many people on the fence being first-timers to the Devil May Cry series. Having only played 3: Special Edition on the PS2 all those years ago, I was on the fence too. I had resigned myself to waiting for it to hit at most $25 on a Steam sale until I found that two of my friends had pre-purchased it. One, hated the changes to Dante but had only ever played 3, like myself, and was expecting the wise-cracking plot-armored child that was Fresh Old Dante (I refer to him as such because of him being fresh to the fight in Dante's Awakening).

My other friend, however, had purchased and played every DMC game on PS2 and the HD collection/4 on 360. He had high praise for the new direction and actually acknowledged overall improvements to Dante as a character in terms of likeability and generally being fleshed out better than the one-dimensional "Old Dante". He started the game the way it recommended, veterans to the series starting on Nephilim difficulty. He was neither overly taxed nor facerolling (Two of his deaths in the game accounted to skype minimizing his game during a fight, the rest were trial and error for environmental aspects of certain fights or a rather aggressive set of the larger demons).

The big irony here, however, is that by neutralizing so much potential revenue, Capcom is more likely to scrap Devil May Cry as a franchise entirely than listen to fans if it comes to another game. The big ticket when it comes to developers/publishers is money, and while ideally developers would cater towards their most loyal fans from the get-go, money ultimately dictates how and when the games are made, if at all.

Short version, the Anti-reboot legions have played a part in the potential permanent shelving of the series they say they enjoyed, simply because their vitriol had tainted larger sections of the market and prevented a lot of potential revenue from becoming actual revenue, instead of stating respectful and valid opinions of the game in a level and respectable manner.

Change is not always bad, and what mistakes were made in this game could be corrected in future sequels if given a chance, a chance likely denied by circumstances giving Capcom the impression that DmC is now a stagnant or unreliable series to put resources into in terms of consumer interest.
---
Want a great site for trainers and cheats for PC games?
Try the cheat happens website.
#2lebronwadeboshPosted 2/9/2013 3:08:08 AM
k
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, FarCry(2004), Gears of War
#3rice_noodlesPosted 2/9/2013 3:09:17 AM
I love conjectures too.
#4FireMage7777Posted 2/9/2013 3:10:50 AM
And we're fine with that. Better the series die than be tarnished
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#5leet_x1337Posted 2/9/2013 3:11:27 AM
tl;dr: Stop not liking what I like!!!
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#6ShadowBoyZXPosted 2/9/2013 3:13:54 AM
This is new and exciting. Someone talking about how we won't get DMC5. It's not like a bunch of fans rather the series be dead than have this....Oh wait.
---
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/9/2013 3:16:23 AM
Foxxie_kun posted...
To me, the ultimate irony is that the antis in their constant hatred of change

Stopped reading there. Troll harder next time.
#8smithkakarotPosted 2/9/2013 3:19:12 AM
Foxxie_kun posted...
[insert load of bulls*** here]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBZnTYMvxE
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#9TheSL1ClubPosted 2/9/2013 3:21:34 AM
let me just add it to my list, so we got

1. It's the hair
2. Only played the demo
3. Entitled gamer
4. Economics (Shatterstar)