The ultimate irony

#31wwinterj25Posted 2/9/2013 5:50:35 AM
Foxxie_kun posted...
I've never even played DmC yet.

That's when everything you said here becomes irrelevant. The game is pure garbage as a Devil May Cry title and yes I own the game because like yourself and some others they did give the game a chance. I'll keep the game though as it's a OK game. It however should have been a new IP.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#32Thunder097Posted 2/9/2013 6:20:29 AM
Its funny that the DMC "fans" want DMC to die. It's like me being a fan of the Ravens but wanting the 49ers to win the Superbowl.
---
Official Joel and Ellie of Playstation All Star Battle Royale Board!
Last of Us, Injustice God Among us and Storm 3 :D DmC will be beast!
#33Pesmerga255Posted 2/9/2013 6:21:30 AM
Thunder097 posted...
Its funny that the DMC "fans" want DMC to die. It's like me being a fan of the Ravens but wanting the 49ers to win the Superbowl.

We're just looking at DmC as if it were a completely different IP, we'd have no problem with DMC continuing if Ninja Theory would just stay the **** away from it.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#34AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/9/2013 6:31:33 AM
The game's actually good on its own, the biggest problem is that it was advertised wrongly. So of course it sold poorly and most people stayed away from it. Even as I admit it to being a good game, the reality is that I didn't buy it for any platform anyway for a number of reasons, such as the fact Capcom does not deserve money for making games (in this case a reboot) nobody wanted, and their BS practices with DLC, to name the two biggest ones.

I'm just waiting for the price to drop/finding a used copy for PS3 because while I still consider it to be a game 1000000000 times better than DMC4, I don't want any part in improving their sales by even one copy, with ANY title; unless they port or remake another old classic or Haunting Ground, I am not giving them my money for a full game.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#35produnerPosted 2/9/2013 6:38:46 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
The game's actually good on its own, the biggest problem is that it was advertised wrongly. So of course it sold poorly and most people stayed away from it. Even as I admit it to being a good game, the reality is that I didn't buy it for any platform anyway for a number of reasons, such as the fact Capcom does not deserve money for making games (in this case a reboot) nobody wanted, and their BS practices with DLC, to name the two biggest ones.

I'm just waiting for the price to drop/finding a used copy for PS3 because while I still consider it to be a game 1000000000 times better than DMC4, I don't want any part in improving their sales by even one copy, with ANY title; unless they port or remake another old classic or Haunting Ground, I am not giving them my money for a full game.

I know that you are a DMC1 fanboy, and DMC4 hater, but can you state the reasons of why do you think that DMC4 is worse than DmC and the worst in the series?
#36shatterstarPosted 2/9/2013 6:45:19 AM
Foxxie_kun posted...
To me, the ultimate irony is that the antis in their constant hatred of change (be it to gameplay, story, characters, or other aspects) have deterred many people who were on the fence from buying the game, despite many people on the fence being first-timers to the Devil May Cry series. Having only played 3: Special Edition on the PS2 all those years ago, I was on the fence too. I had resigned myself to waiting for it to hit at most $25 on a Steam sale until I found that two of my friends had pre-purchased it. One, hated the changes to Dante but had only ever played 3, like myself, and was expecting the wise-cracking plot-armored child that was Fresh Old Dante (I refer to him as such because of him being fresh to the fight in Dante's Awakening).

My other friend, however, had purchased and played every DMC game on PS2 and the HD collection/4 on 360. He had high praise for the new direction and actually acknowledged overall improvements to Dante as a character in terms of likeability and generally being fleshed out better than the one-dimensional "Old Dante". He started the game the way it recommended, veterans to the series starting on Nephilim difficulty. He was neither overly taxed nor facerolling (Two of his deaths in the game accounted to skype minimizing his game during a fight, the rest were trial and error for environmental aspects of certain fights or a rather aggressive set of the larger demons).

The big irony here, however, is that by neutralizing so much potential revenue, Capcom is more likely to scrap Devil May Cry as a franchise entirely than listen to fans if it comes to another game. The big ticket when it comes to developers/publishers is money, and while ideally developers would cater towards their most loyal fans from the get-go, money ultimately dictates how and when the games are made, if at all.

Short version, the Anti-reboot legions have played a part in the potential permanent shelving of the series they say they enjoyed, simply because their vitriol had tainted larger sections of the market and prevented a lot of potential revenue from becoming actual revenue, instead of stating respectful and valid opinions of the game in a level and respectable manner.

Change is not always bad, and what mistakes were made in this game could be corrected in future sequels if given a chance, a chance likely denied by circumstances giving Capcom the impression that DmC is now a stagnant or unreliable series to put resources into in terms of consumer interest.

Well said. But at the moment, they're in talks with NT due to how smooth and well their partnership turned out. So as of right now, we don't know where the series stand. But all will be revealed in the coming months.

Capcom are rethinking their PR and marketing strategy so a lot of things will have to change to fit their 2 year gaming developing plan.
#37_Uwye_Posted 2/9/2013 6:50:03 AM
produner posted...
AlexxShadenk777 posted...

I know that you are a DMC1 fanboy, and DMC4 hater, but can you state the reasons of why do you think that DMC4 is worse than DmC and the worst in the series?

In his eyes Dante isn't well balanced and it's "half of a game". For what I remember him mentioning.
#38VaruneyPosted 2/9/2013 6:50:33 AM
Thunder097 posted...

One thing is for certain: I'd rather play this game than listen to this one's analogy. I do not even know what those "Ravens" and "49ers" are, though I am guessing they are of American football due to the mention of "Superbowl".
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#39wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/9/2013 7:16:45 AM
i've played the demo. what's really unbelievable is there are still people that don't understand that, if that's how dmc is going to be from now on, a lot of us want no part of that s***. it's real simple.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#40KARGOOPosted 2/9/2013 7:24:38 AM
Oh man. Blog it, or tell your mom.