Did this "DMC was the hard hack n' slash of the market" always exist?

#1SHMYazooPosted 2/9/2013 5:51:26 AM
I don't remember that when I played DMC1~4 and I played DMC3 US version on its release. Honestly, it felt just like any other game at that time, you died maybe a few times on a boss, but you just needed to memorize their movements to get past them.

When did people start "recognizing" DMC franchise for its difficulty?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2FulvipPosted 2/9/2013 5:53:25 AM
When the difficulty for this one translated taking candy from a baby.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#3produnerPosted 2/9/2013 5:56:09 AM
Yazoo i've seen your post about DMC 3 and 4's combos and high level play, don't expect people to take you seriously after Dat ignorance.
#4_Uwye_Posted 2/9/2013 6:00:54 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
When did people start "recognizing" DMC franchise for its difficulty?

Since DMC1.
#5SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:25 AM
Oh so difficulty only means mastering the 1 frame moves of the combat? I don't think so personally. While there's a high level play hidden in DMC3 and 4, the average gamer doesn't stay with the game after being done with it once. The hardcore normally stay for the harder difficulties but what is there to do after completing BP and DMD mode?

I'm not talking about mastering the combat, both games can be cheesed by using Swordmaster only.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6produnerPosted 2/9/2013 6:06:43 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Oh so difficulty only means mastering the 1 frame moves of the combat? I don't think so personally. While there's a high level play hidden in DMC3 and 4, the average gamer doesn't stay with the game after being done with it once. The hardcore normally stay for the harder difficulties but what is there to do after completing BP and DMD mode?

I'm not talking about mastering the combat, both games can be cheesed by using Swordmaster only.

Facepalm.jpg

As someone pointed out, since DMC1. even in the standard difficulty, enemies where fast, aggressive and hard hitting.You need to dodge ( 40% of casual players don't) , read enemies' patterns, have fast reactions, strategy and avoid being surrounded. I've seen people quite DMC3 se because of difficulty.
#7wolf riderPosted 2/9/2013 6:23:37 AM
The games were hard because of:
1. Camera
2. Side roll controls
3. Restarting whole missions if you die at a boss
---
Capcom tries to appeal to the CoD gamer with RE6.
CoD gamer buys the new CoD instead.
#8wwinterj25Posted 2/9/2013 6:58:31 AM
Yazoo fella you're running out of ways to try and justify this trash game. Keep trying though. It's fun to see you try.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9_Uwye_Posted 2/9/2013 7:24:50 AM
wolf rider posted...
The games were hard because of:
1.challenging enemies

I agree.
#10RetsuxDPosted 2/9/2013 9:37:04 AM
I've picked up my DCM1 Hard playthrough again.
I couldn't believe it when I beat Nightmare 2 and 3 without dying, and even though Nightmare 3 had 2 Red Cores.

I finally learned how to use Ifrit.