PS3 Hack N' Slash games' compendium (help fill it!)

#11Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/9/2013 6:37:53 AM
add no more heroes ps3 port too!
---
-choose death-
#12KyryloPosted 2/9/2013 6:38:47 AM
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
would dragon's dogma count?

not really. As much as KoA or Dark souls
#13Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/9/2013 6:40:03 AM
add the terribly underrated El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
---
-choose death-
#14Pesmerga255Posted 2/9/2013 6:40:45 AM
Kyrylo posted...
would dragon's dogma count?

not really. As much as KoA or Dark souls

Ah, so I take it that Way of the Samurai wouldn't count either, right?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#15Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/9/2013 6:41:46 AM
does Okami HD count?
---
-choose death-
#16Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/9/2013 6:43:20 AM
i believe both star wars forced unleashed games qualify. those can be added too.
---
-choose death-
#17SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:52:30 AM(edited)
Some games are really up for debate. Darksiders comes to mind, I thought of adding it to the main post when I created the topic, but then I started thinking if it wasn't just an adventure / action RPG that happens to have a combo based system. But then again, one of the only thing in common between all these games is the combo based system.

I'll add these suggestions to the main post once it has calmed down a little, so I won't have to keep updating it again and again so soon. This also means we can debate the additions to the list as well!
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#18Pesmerga255Posted 2/9/2013 6:47:49 AM
Would the Tales games count at all? They're heavily combo based and you generally use bladed weapons in them.
---
#19Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/9/2013 6:51:43 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Would the Tales games count at all? They're heavily combo based and you generally use bladed weapons in them.

i wouldnt count them. they dont have the depth in the mentioned games, nor do they have complex arieal combos or even solid dodge mechanics. they are rpgs with the trappings of a HnS.

id argue that the Darksider games count. just because they take place in large worlds and have more going on than just fighting is no reason to dismiss them. they both certainly have more depth than the dmc1 and 2.
---
-choose death-
#20Pesmerga255Posted 2/9/2013 6:56:16 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

i wouldnt count them. they dont have the depth in the mentioned games, nor do they have complex arieal combos or even solid dodge mechanics. they are rpgs with the trappings of a HnS. .

Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut says hello.
---