What combat changes/improvements would you make from DMC3 & 4 in DMC5?

#1wolf riderPosted 2/9/2013 6:07:29 AM
Aerial Rave is default for Rebellion:
Honestly, there is no reason why you can't have this outside of SM style. They only binded it to SM to pad out its features, which is blatantly obvious when Nero has access to it for the OPPOSITE reason: to pad out HIS relatively small movelist.

Dodge Offset
This was a great feature in Bayo. Here's how I would tweak it for a DMC game. Side rolling at the last moment results in a different animation. I'm thinking something like Nero's Table Hopper. Dodge Offset, as opposed to normal side rolling, allows you to continue your combo after evading e.g., slash, pause, Dodge Offset, slash, slash, slash ... results in the Million Stab combo instead of vanilla Combo A.

Not only this, you can Dodge Offset to keep charges on weapons that have them e.g., with Ifrit/Beo/Gilga, you can start charging, Dodge Offset, and you'll retain the charge level.

One of things that irked me about DMC is that you'll often spend more time dodging than stylishly comboing. I think this feature from Bayo would improve the gameplay a lot.

This is only possible if you dodge at the last minute, as opposed to anytime, to make it a bit more challenging since this is a DMC game after all.

Instant Revving and Buster
These needs to be in the game, regardless of whether Nero is in it or not. They're too fun and add a lot to the gameplay not to be. Perhaps Dante can acquire a Devil Arm with their mechanics.

Dante starts with the Ifrit/Beo/Gilga weapon/moveset
I think it's gotten to the point the fist (and foot) weapon needs to be available from the start. It just feels weak to have to obtain it over and over again, especially in DMC4, even though it is an awesome weapon whose movesets differ from game to game. Perhaps have it from the start, and defeating a boss will improve it like the Sparda Sword.

Will try and think of more.
---
Capcom tries to appeal to the CoD gamer with RE6.
CoD gamer buys the new CoD instead.
#2produnerPosted 2/9/2013 6:09:15 AM
Most of the suggestions that you've made, especially the dodge offset can cause balance problems.
#3wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:10:46 AM
They would be making the game from scratch with these changes in mind, not patching them in to an existing game.
---
#4SHMYazooPosted 2/9/2013 6:13:44 AM
I'm fine with DMC5 as it is, a reboot to the franchise.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#5Pesmerga255Posted 2/9/2013 6:14:29 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6NeoTStylePosted 2/9/2013 6:16:34 AM

No.

All I want from DMC5 is DMC4 with the weapon variety of DMC3 (or even more if possible) and a good plot like DMC1 or 3's again. Nero as an optional character if possible, new crazy combos, more techniques in general, custom soundtrack I guess. And that's all I think.
#7VaruneyPosted 2/9/2013 6:20:45 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

^Do not feed.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#8wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:24:45 AM(edited)
NeoTStyle posted...

No.

Care to explain why?

All I want from DMC5 is DMC4 with the weapon variety of DMC3 (or even more if possible) and a good plot like DMC1 or 3's again. Nero as an optional character if possible, new crazy combos, more techniques in general, custom soundtrack I guess. And that's all I think.

You want more variety, combos and techniques but at the same time want Aerial Rave limited only to SM?
---
#9vgundamPosted 2/9/2013 7:08:37 AM
Enemies, music, and settings of DMC1
Story of DMC1 or 3
Combat system of DMC4
Weapon and moveset variety of DMC3
---
It's "I COULDN'T care less" PLEASE GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.
#10tehheadPosted 2/9/2013 3:08:16 PM
dante starts over from scratch again (new weapon from enemies)
original mundus returns

double tapping equipped style change weapon set:

consider it like this, dante in DmC has access to 5 devil arm in 1 time, 1 being rebellion as default & 4 other being angel & demon, scratch the whole angel & demon, now dante can only use 2 weapon at once, similar to DMC3

and put an option/default skill "extra" style, this style lets you carry additional weapon set, so dante can bring 4 guns & 4 devil arms

custom style mapping:
you can replace all style mapping in mission menu, and since new style are developed or return in this installment, since if we're talking about 3 or 4 new style (marionette strings, doppleganger, extra, & dark emperor)

you can bring 5 style at once, 4 first 1 use directional button, 5th style is double tapping any directional button

you can change all above in game session through equipment menu, but it will count into your time (equipment menu counts to clear time, pausing game to quit or restart does not)

you gain 5 devil arms (total 6 with rebellion) & 5 guns (total 6 with E & I)
distortion DT return