So when do you think we'll be hearing from Capcom (or maybe even NT)?

#31caffiend7Posted 2/9/2013 2:55:03 PM
shatterstar posted...
fifinambo posted...
Specifically concerning:

- Sales of this game/reasons why sales were lower than expectations
- Official statement of if this game was a failure in their eyes or not
- The future of Devil May Cry series

Or do you think Capcom/NT will stay silent about all of this and the series is dead?

Don't know. But at the moment they're blaming the marketing and PR department. People maybe out of a job real soon.

You on that list?
#32KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/9/2013 2:58:21 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
I'll say it again, RE doesn't need a reboot. It needs a focus. RE6 has too many ideas crammed into one game and that hurts its story badly.
Capcom should make a new horror IP and actually make that scary. RE zombies are like public knowledge in the series already, there's no way they're gonna be horrifying again.

Does it NEED a reboot? If it wants to continue on as survival horror, then yeah it kind of does. If they want to turn it into a full on action game (which no, they actually haven't yet), then no it doesn't.

The problem is, most fans want it to return to survival horror again, hence why some like the idea of a reboot. I'm one of them. I can't stand modern RE games (granted, I enjoyed RE 6, but I wasn't taking it seriously. I rolled through Leon's campaign... literally, I rolled on the ground the whole way). Imo, the last good RE game was RE 3. I'd be ecstatic if we got a reboot that was focused on survival horror.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#33SiLVeR_420Posted 2/9/2013 3:01:06 PM
Although its shipped it reached 4.7 million in the first month. If it reached their second expected target atleast going on the failed to reach the original 7 million by 2 million.

Altjough i did like RE6 i'm all for the REboot under the Revelations director although I'd like them to wrap up the AdaxLeon story before doing so. Hopefully that's what the reboot would focus on before a full on reboot.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#34KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/9/2013 3:04:20 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Although its shipped it reached 4.7 million in the first month. If it reached their second expected target atleast going on the failed to reach the original 7 million by 2 million.

Altjough i did like RE6 i'm all for the REboot under the Revelations director although I'd like them to wrap up the AdaxLeon story before doing so. Hopefully that's what the reboot would focus on before a full on reboot.

Or maybe in the reboot they actually develop it a little.

In current RE it's basically;

Leon:"ADA!!!"

Ada:*is mysterious*

Leon:*follows Ada around like a puppy*

Ada:"Leon, ur cute *disappears*"

Leon:*waits for next game*
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#35Rising_shadowPosted 2/9/2013 3:05:10 PM
Does it NEED a reboot? If it wants to continue on as survival horror, then yeah it kind of does. If they want to turn it into a full on action game (which no, they actually haven't yet), then no it doesn't.

The problem is that unless they want to return to tank controls, making RE full on horror again won't work unless you're making some parallel world spinoff, which could work. The problem is that rebooting the main series will inevitably piss off the people that like the action bend.
That's why I suggested a new IP. A spiritual successor to classic RE with space to improve without pissing off either split of the fanbase.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#36SiLVeR_420Posted 2/9/2013 3:12:13 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...

Or maybe in the reboot they actually develop it a little.

In current RE it's basically;

Leon:"ADA!!!"

Ada:*is mysterious*

Leon:*follows Ada around like a puppy*

Ada:"Leon, ur cute *disappears*"

Leon:*waits for next game*

That's pretty much what happened in RE6.
They need to end it first by either living happily ever after or killing Ada. They can't kill Leon..if they didn't have the guts to kill Chris in 6 they won't kill Leon.
---
Forgive the name.
#37RayconPosted 2/9/2013 3:14:07 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
I'll say it again, RE doesn't need a reboot. It needs a focus. RE6 has too many ideas crammed into one game and that hurts its story badly.

If you ask me, RE's needed a reboot since CV. It's pretty clear since RE4, they really didn't know where to go with the series. Hopping around from one country to the next committing genocide in the name of solving biohazard outbreaks is not my idea of plot progress...
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#38KyryloPosted 2/9/2013 3:19:44 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
shatterstar posted...
fifinambo posted...
Specifically concerning:

- Sales of this game/reasons why sales were lower than expectations
- Official statement of if this game was a failure in their eyes or not
- The future of Devil May Cry series

Or do you think Capcom/NT will stay silent about all of this and the series is dead?

Don't know. But at the moment they're blaming the marketing and PR department. People maybe out of a job real soon.

I bet you're quaking in your little boots.

last thing I heard of them, they weren't sure why RE6 flopped....why, oh, why.....nobody knows, right? nobody don't have slightest idea...lol...also bad PR: next time we see Tameem with ball gag .

Ugh...RE6 failed to meet that original 7 mil expectations yes but it didn't flop. Capcoms profits were up by a lot thanks to RE6.

Monstre Hunter saved Capcom from loosing money. RE6 confirmed as flop. and once again it SHIPPED 4,5 mil. not sold. lol.
#39SiLVeR_420Posted 2/9/2013 3:27:51 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/31/resident-evil-6-and-social-games-doing-well-capcom-profits-soar/

Also that 4.7 shipped was from the second week of October. You know 1 week after the game launched.
Its been 4 months since that.
---
Forgive the name.
#40KyryloPosted 2/9/2013 3:42:01 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/31/resident-evil-6-and-social-games-doing-well-capcom-profits-soar/

Also that 4.7 shipped was from the second week of October. You know 1 week after the game launched.
Its been 4 months since that.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/8/3967632/resident-evil-6-failed-capcom-sales-expectations-development-challenges
also dmc didn't even considered in income:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/4/3949856/capcom-reports-strong-third-quarter-thanks-to-resident-evil-6-dragons