This game is much harder then you guys make it out to be

#1Shadow CloudPosted 2/9/2013 11:42:40 AM(edited)
What the hell man. I completed all the previous games on DMD, but I'm getting my ass kicked on that secret mission gold subsistence. Not to mention, I have died on some (Nephilim difficulty) levels a few times or so so far.
#2RetsuxDPosted 2/9/2013 11:39:24 AM
You're probably not used to the control scheme.

There's no way (for me) this is harder than 1, 3 or 4.
#3Psychochild27Posted 2/9/2013 11:39:34 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...
What the hell man. I completed all the previous games on DMD, but I'm getting my ass kicked on that secret mission gold subsistence. Not to mention, I have done on some (Nephilim difficulty) levels a few times or so so far.

Kill slower. More enemies spawn upon death and Dante's health loss isn't that fast. Pad it out as long as possible, you'll never have to deal with Dream Runners.
#4Shadow Cloud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:42:17 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
Shadow Cloud posted...
What the hell man. I completed all the previous games on DMD, but I'm getting my ass kicked on that secret mission gold subsistence. Not to mention, I have done on some (Nephilim difficulty) levels a few times or so so far.

Kill slower. More enemies spawn upon death and Dante's health loss isn't that fast. Pad it out as long as possible, you'll never have to deal with Dream Runners.

Thanks that kind of work. I was trying to be too stylish so I simply decided to play it cheap and just use a lot of crowd clearing attack as well as repeatedly hook enemies to me to stay in the air.

I think the issue I have with this game is that I swear attacks are harder to cancel out with a dodge roll compared to the other games. The recovery time for the demonic weapons tend to kill me.
#5LoschenPosted 2/9/2013 11:48:17 AM
The style gauge only goes down when you get hit, take your time in fights.
---
#6DJ_0000Posted 2/9/2013 11:49:44 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...
I think the issue I have with this game is that I swear attacks are harder to cancel out with a dodge roll compared to the other games. The recovery time for the demonic weapons tend to kill me.

The demon attacks are the only ones you can't cancel with dodges, if you use a demon move you have to make sure you aren't going to get hit during the animation.
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/9/2013 11:50:03 AM
This game is "hard" because of input delay, not being able to dodge cancel and Donte's falcepalm worthy combat sounds.
#8Psychochild27Posted 2/9/2013 11:51:26 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...

Thanks that kind of work. I was trying to be too stylish so I simply decided to play it cheap and just use a lot of crowd clearing attack as well as repeatedly hook enemies to me to stay in the air.

I was mistaken as I just checked and I don't recall this being the case on consoles, but on PC the enemies do spawn on a timer. It still works though - Stay off the ground and kill slower so that you have plenty of Stygians left to farm at the end.

Honestly, most of my deaths in this game is not from the combat, but the environmental hazards scattered throughout every arena. Enemies don't ever seem to do enough damage to really be a threat, they're just nuisances.