So it took Capcom 9 years to realize that RE audience wants the survival-horror

#71SilentS89Posted 2/17/2013 7:36:50 AM
Resident Evil and DmC are kinda different scenarios.

New resident evil improved the controls.

DmC downgraded pretty much everything.

That is why new RE sells, and DmC doesn't.
#72JELIFISH19Posted 2/18/2013 1:04:16 AM
Fulvip posted...
vgman94 posted...
Sheesh. RE needs to evolve as a world. every franchise does. To expect RE to stay survival horror forever is like expecting your parents to stay alive forever. It's just not going to happen. Things change with time, and it should be welcomed in most cases (not that parent example obviously). RE is fascinating as is with an action format while utilizing horror elements, and DmC's punk style reflects the modern American attitude rather accurately. It should be appreciated that developers change things up and grow their franchises beyond their humbler roots. Despising every change that comes our way will only lead to a stagnant world. And stagnation is never something to seek. I was never into RE until 6 or this series until DmC for example, and it's not like I'm the only newcomer because of these installments. What does that say about these evolutions being horrible? An inability to adapt or appreciate a new style? Because I doubt many people would outright say that anyone who appreciates these new installments are "noobs".

They should evolve within what they are, not turn into something else. Resident Evil went from survival horror to a generic TPFPS with zombies. It may not be a bad game, but it's a terrible RE. Just like DmC is a half-decent action game, but a terrible DMC. It's just taking advantage of the name because there's no faith in the game making it out there on it's own, which I think would actually be a better idea.

Here's what I don't get. Every DMC is very different from the others. They have very little to do with each other. I didn't like DMC3 because it had nothing of what I liked most about DMC1. It was a bad DMC to me. Then you have DMC2 and DMC4 which are also very different from the original. When it comes down to it, The only thing that all DMCs do is mix swordplay with gunplay. They also have orbs. Even Dante's personality is very different across games. The overall designs change in each game. There is no solid DMC formula. You can say any game in the series is a bad DMC if it doesn't have what you liked in another game. I don't see what makes DmC a bad DMC. I understand some people not preferring it but calling it a bad DMC seems kind of silly when the series doesn't exactly have a solid foundation of what makes DMC.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#73SasukefirePosted 2/18/2013 1:06:34 AM
>Not Liking DMC3
This guy are sick.
---
Spider-Man: This isn't the bank.
http://i.imgur.com/2DanaLD.jpg
#74RockmanALPosted 2/18/2013 5:34:54 AM
I'm very fresh to the RE series

likes RE 4 and 6 (well, i like 6 because of a new character)

but i can pretty much understand why old gamers are in rage with 6 (and might 5)

it changes so much

and man, i like the difficulty in RE4, i'm missing hard games so much, i've died so many freakin' times in that game lol
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#75Nick_KazamaPosted 2/18/2013 10:42:10 AM
I facepalmed at the first level in Leon's scenario in Resi 6. It TRIED to scare you and instead made you yawn. The original games (well, 1 and 2 for me) were genuinely scary, I mean, listen to the music from the library in Resi 2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUx6aotQXc

There's nothing really scary in the library (apart from the sudden fall to the lower level), but that piece of music basically told you there was and you believed it.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#76Malus_X6Posted 2/18/2013 12:13:07 PM
I facepalmed at the first level in Leon's scenario in Resi 6. It TRIED to scare you and instead made you yawn. The original games (well, 1 and 2 for me) were genuinely scary, I mean, listen to the music from the library in Resi 2;

There's nothing really scary in the library (apart from the sudden fall to the lower level), but that piece of music basically told you there was and you believed it.

I get more scares out of Skyrim than any of the recent RE games.

Friggin elk. I'm tellin' you, when you're chest deep in water, you don't except to see a damn elk surface while running in your direction.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#77StopthinkPosted 2/18/2013 12:19:51 PM
vgman94 posted...
Sheesh. RE needs to evolve as a world. every franchise does. To expect RE to stay survival horror forever is like expecting your parents to stay alive forever. It's just not going to happen. Things change with time, and it should be welcomed in most cases (not that parent example obviously). RE is fascinating as is with an action format while utilizing horror elements, and DmC's punk style reflects the modern American attitude rather accurately. It should be appreciated that developers change things up and grow their franchises beyond their humbler roots. Despising every change that comes our way will only lead to a stagnant world. And stagnation is never something to seek. I was never into RE until 6 or this series until DmC for example, and it's not like I'm the only newcomer because of these installments. What does that say about these evolutions being horrible? An inability to adapt or appreciate a new style? Because I doubt many people would outright say that anyone who appreciates these new installments are "noobs".

Talk about trying your absolute hardest to justify idiocy. I can't wait until Call of Duty evolves into a Mario platformer.
---
imo for the tight asses
#78maxmansupaPosted 2/18/2013 5:13:49 PM
Stopthink posted...
vgman94 posted...

Talk about trying your absolute hardest to justify idiocy. I can't wait until Call of Duty evolves into a Mario platformer.

In other words, you can't handle a different opinion.
What else is new in the world of video game fandom.
#79BillysanPosted 2/18/2013 7:03:24 PM
Nick_Kazama posted...

Despite what people want to believe Leon's campaign was easily the worse all around part of RE6.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#80Nick_KazamaPosted 2/19/2013 12:38:10 PM
Billysan posted...
Nick_Kazama posted...

Despite what people want to believe Leon's campaign was easily the worse all around part of RE6.

I enjoyed Chris and Piers' campaign more. Mind you, Resi 6 wasn't really an enjoyable game...

:/
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg