The worst creative crimes

#21Alastor6Posted 2/10/2013 12:13:17 PM
Is there no end to his arrogance?
---
Do you miss the old Dante? Get to twitter and find @BringBackKamiya
#22Malus_X6Posted 2/10/2013 12:26:50 PM
Is there no end to his arrogance?

I dunno.

I hope there is. I intend to find it, maybe even stem it, but even my equipment has its limits.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#23RayconPosted 2/10/2013 12:30:53 PM
SilentS89 posted...
"Usually the worst creative crimes are made when you're trying to make a game for someone else - some perceived demographic that, in all likelihood, doesn't actually exist." ~ Tameem Antoniades

I get the feeling DmC was all one MASSIVE joke from this guy. The whole time, he's giggling to himself in the corner over how crafty he is.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#24Rising_shadowPosted 2/10/2013 12:33:13 PM
Crafty and cunning like a fox who is a professor of cunning at Oxford university.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#25SilentS89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:38:22 PM
Raycon posted...
SilentS89 posted...
"Usually the worst creative crimes are made when you're trying to make a game for someone else - some perceived demographic that, in all likelihood, doesn't actually exist." ~ Tameem Antoniades

I get the feeling DmC was all one MASSIVE joke from this guy. The whole time, he's giggling to himself in the corner over how crafty he is.

Sometimes, I like to think this too. Because it feels better than the alternative.
#26Dark_EpathyPosted 2/10/2013 2:42:52 PM
He's just saying to have a vision and stick to it. Don't tweak it or, worse, revamp it or destroy it just to win points from the market.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#27TheF1BOBPosted 2/10/2013 2:43:42 PM
The worst creative crimes = publishing this game.
---
METAL GEAR RISING - THE REBIRTH OF METAL GEAR
RAIDEN > BIG BOSS
#28Pesmerga255Posted 2/10/2013 2:44:09 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
He's just saying to have a vision and stick to it. Don't tweak it or, worse, revamp it or destroy it just to win points from the market.

Nah, he's saying that he would never touch the work of another person.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#29malicemizerfanPosted 2/10/2013 2:44:31 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

so, essentially don't make this game in the first place?
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#30Dark_EpathyPosted 2/10/2013 2:57:44 PM
A product that is created to broaden an audience is not automatically a sell-out. It can still be a work with creativity and heart. DmC does have these things, as much as some of you would hate to admit it.

The only real portion of this game that you could say was modified for the sake of sales was the combat. It was downgraded to make it more accessible to fans, but the ideas behind the combat, even if it is easier, are still there. It's not as though the entire gameplay of the franchise was turned into a shooter.

Everything else about the game creatively, from the characters, the art, and music, is pretty distinct and cohesive in regards to the game's vision. Even if it's a reboot with themes previously explored in other media, it's still its own entity with its own style.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa