Why would Capcom make DMC5?

#21SilentS89Posted 2/9/2013 4:05:08 PM
SpecterVonBaren posted...
ZeroGearM posted...
SilentS89 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...
DMC4 was packaged as a hardware bundle with ps3's...

Know what else was? Heavenly Sword, that didn't help it.

How can you expect a new franchise to sell as much as an franchise who has 3 games behind it?

Have you played Heavenly Sword? Have you seen the villains? That was the first game I've ever seen where...... that.... happens. It's like, good guys, dark, serious, the fate of the world is at stake. Villains, goofy hammy acting with everyone acting like a bunch of clowns. When Nariko yelled at the main bad guy he then goes "Blaaaaaahhhh!" at her with his tongue hanging out. I don't even know where to start with it.

I downloaded the Heavenly Sword demo back before DmC was announced and stopped after about 2 minutes with it due to the terrible input lag.
#22SiLVeR_420Posted 2/9/2013 4:14:06 PM
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
ZeroGearM posted...
To please you guys? That's not how Capcom works. They want the money, this game failed sale wise, DMC 5 will follow the same path, high chances that it might even sell less.

why should they make DmC2? for fanbase that wasn't there to support them? lol

Because this is the direction they're going with and it's what the movie is based on.

That'll be the last DmC thing Capcom does.
The movie will do worse the the animated RE movies.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#23Psychochild27Posted 2/9/2013 4:16:03 PM
SilentS89 posted...
SpecterVonBaren posted...
ZeroGearM posted...
SilentS89 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

How can you expect a new franchise to sell as much as an franchise who has 3 games behind it?

Have you played Heavenly Sword? Have you seen the villains? That was the first game I've ever seen where...... that.... happens. It's like, good guys, dark, serious, the fate of the world is at stake. Villains, goofy hammy acting with everyone acting like a bunch of clowns. When Nariko yelled at the main bad guy he then goes "Blaaaaaahhhh!" at her with his tongue hanging out. I don't even know where to start with it.

I downloaded the Heavenly Sword demo back before DmC was announced and stopped after about 2 minutes with it due to the terrible input lag.

You finished the demo twice?
#24roguedevildmcPosted 2/9/2013 4:27:35 PM
ZeroGearM posted...
SilentS89 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

make up ur mind did it sell because it was bundled or,because it had 3 games to back it up,it must be hell in ur head.
its been a while but iv been checking from time to time.and i couldn't be more proud of the DMC fan base,all u hear these days is gamer's betching and whining,and yet they buy the game,i think that the gaming community should learn from the DMC fan bass,i think thats the first time gamer's voiced there discontent the only way that matters DONT BUY THE GAME IF U THINK IT SUCKS,
#25KyryloPosted 2/9/2013 4:31:50 PM
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
ZeroGearM posted...
To please you guys? That's not how Capcom works. They want the money, this game failed sale wise, DMC 5 will follow the same path, high chances that it might even sell less.

Because this is the direction they're going with and it's what the movie is based on.

where is this movie, huh? where's trailer? I don't see it? where's my rage....oh, yes it isn't there.. like that castlevania movie. also, shatter, whine as much as you want, but since you was greedy **** and didn't bought 3 mil. copies first day, you don't have any word in it.
#26Psychochild27Posted 2/9/2013 4:59:10 PM
ramzariot posted...
Not many want to touch cheesy, japanese games? How many copies did XIII-2 sell?

I'm still waiting for the US numbers for Ni No Kuni myself. It's been sitting at the top of Amazon's best sellers for PS3 games since it came out.
#27caffiend7Posted 2/9/2013 5:07:00 PM
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

where is this movie, huh? where's trailer? I don't see it? where's my rage....oh, yes it isn't there.. like that castlevania movie. also, shatter, whine as much as you want, but since you was greedy **** and didn't bought 3 mil. copies first day, you don't have any word in it.

I think the movie was called warm bodies
#28_Uwye_Posted 2/9/2013 5:22:55 PM
ZeroGearM posted...
DMC4 was packaged as a hardware bundle with ps3's

In Japan. Fun fact, even if you remove ALL the japanese sales from the total DMC4 is still the highest selling game in the series.

ZeroGearM posted...
SilentS89 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

Yeah, DMC1 was such a flop, amirite?

Also Bayonetta:
-New IP
-Art style, heroine and chara design divisive even among those that love the game
-Lackluster PS3 version

Total sales? 1.35 millions, more than what Capcom expect from DmC.