Not only did they **** up Dante...

#21StrelokPosted 2/10/2013 5:10:38 AM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
Strelok posted...
DINO similar to Dante?
Lolno.
Just.... no.
They are as similar as a fresh orange (Dante) and a filthy fatsoaked hamburger that was dropped to the ground (DINO).

What's DINO, please tell me its not the word the tweens are describing the new Dante as lol.

Dante
In
Name
Only.

And many other names exist.

This... trailer trash... is not like Dante. It is as far removed from Dante as you can get.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#22KyryloPosted 2/10/2013 5:20:01 AM
I posted it question and ask pros once again:
you claim Dante is the same as old one. explain it to me. I don't see any similarities, prove it or is it empty assumption?
#23ramseanGoodbyePosted 2/10/2013 5:42:48 AM
Kyrylo posted...
you claim Dante is the same as old one. explain it to me. I don't see any similarities, prove it or is it empty assumption?

-Still insults every demon he comes across
-Still the reluctant hero
-Still the son of sparda
-Still half demon
-Still spouting 90's one liners
-Still a fan of pizza
-Still has Platinum hair
-Still rocking pistols and a sword
-Still looks straight out of a nu-metal band
-Still runs in that odd way
-Still has brother issues
-Still can mysteriously jump in mid air
-Still pretty much has the same moves
#24Ink-RibbonPosted 2/10/2013 7:08:24 AM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
Kyrylo posted...

-Still insults every demon he comes across
-Still the reluctant hero
-Still the son of sparda
-Still half demon
-Still spouting 90's one liners
-Still a fan of pizza
-Still has Platinum hair
-Still rocking pistols and a sword
-Still looks straight out of a nu-metal band
-Still runs in that odd way
-Still has brother issues
-Still can mysteriously jump in mid air
-Still pretty much has the same moves

Bingo!

Also, the twist isn't exactly a twist. Vergil was never intended to be a good guy all along.

There were hints throughout the game, showing that Vergil wasn't literally a good guy. He had his own agenda. TC ignored such points, focusing on the fact that his hate blinds him.

I'm sorry for you, really.
#25Malus_X6Posted 2/10/2013 12:13:12 PM
Goddammit.

I hate it when you guys and gals refuse to mention me when you tell the reasoning behind the DINO acronym. I created it. I deserve credit. Along with VINO, MINO, SINO, and EINO.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#26StrelokPosted 2/10/2013 2:13:51 PM
- Insults differ greatly in tone. It's like comparing Superman to The Punisher. "They both beat criminals!"

- Reluctant hero isn't how I'd call DINO. It'd rather call him anarchist who makes terrible choices and gets the world doomed. Dante however, fights demons due to a certain enjoyment to it.

- Sparda being entirely different in this incarnation and thus, only has the shared name.

- And lost the half human part. Not similar.

- DINOs one liners come off as forced with terrible delivery.

- We don't see him eat pizza, we just saw a crust covering his groin. So stylish and tasteful!

- One is natural, the other has some sort of bull reasoning behind it that makes absolutely no sense.

- The "pistols" DINO is using are not pistols. Pistol/sword combo is rather common in most fantasy tropes actually. Hello Warhammer 40K.

- DINO looks like trailer trash, not like he came out of a band.

- Blame the animators. Also, DINO runs stranger and takes flight.

- So does half the world with a brother.

- And it looks completely different. Dante has a platform appearing beneath him, DINO seems like he is humping the air for a moment

- DINO has about half of the moves.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg