Plot Twist (may contain spoilers)

#1Jeff1015Posted 2/9/2013 11:27:25 PM
For those of you who are still complaining about the ending of DmC:

A plot twist wouldn't work as well if it's clear that it'll happen.

If NT foreshadowed Vergil's end game plan anymore than they already did then it would have been painfully obvious.

If anyone has an example of a plot twist that was handled well in their opinion, then i would like to hear it.
#2LeonSK357Posted 2/9/2013 11:31:45 PM
But the story is supposed to rival the best that Hollywood has to offer! It's supposed to break myths!

Surely a concept such as foreshadowing should be simple to grasp and execute for the professional writers and developers that were involved!
---
Damnit, who left the shed open? The tools are all over GameFAQs again!
http://i47.tinypic.com/xds7cn.jpg
#3fallenangel2100Posted 2/9/2013 11:41:53 PM
Indoctrination theory biggest possible mind**** in gaming history amd couldave made games be accepted as art, EC JUST gives you more info on why you have to pick ending A B or C and removes obvious plotholes
bioware wont even eat the cupcakes they were given

Yea....great twist man
#4GoreGrossPosted 2/9/2013 11:44:15 PM
Indoctrination was so heavily insinuated, and pre-EC ME3 ending was just a hot mess (not that EC made it much better). I would've been so happy IT was true, especially since my first instinct was Destroy.
---
"whoa man all we are is dust in the wind 'nd stuff" - Iwantedzero
Black FC: 4642 1161 4125
#5DevilTears604Posted 2/9/2013 11:46:05 PM
fallenangel2100 posted...
Indoctrination theory biggest possible mind**** in gaming history amd couldave made games be accepted as art, EC JUST gives you more info on why you have to pick ending A B or C and removes obvious plotholes
bioware wont even eat the cupcakes they were given

Yea....great twist man

Geeze, almost a full year and people are still complaining about that? Give it a rest.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#6malicemizerfanPosted 2/9/2013 11:46:56 PM
GoreGross posted...
Indoctrination was so heavily insinuated, and pre-EC ME3 ending was just a hot mess (not that EC made it much better). I would've been so happy IT was true, especially since my first instinct was Destroy.

odd. my first choice was synth. as it is wrong to senselessly kill, and worse to steal freedom, that left only one choice for me.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#7DevilTears604Posted 2/9/2013 11:47:47 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
GoreGross posted...

odd. my first choice was synth. as it is wrong to senselessly kill, and worse to steal freedom, that left only one choice for me.

I chose synth too, but just because I was thinking of Joker and EDI.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#8fallenangel2100Posted 2/9/2013 11:51:08 PM
GoreGross posted...

I hated how bioware woudlnt accept or deny IT and then EC comes I sold my ps3 ME2&3 next day

It was like vanilla ending was like getting shot in the arm and leaving the bullet in and covering it with a bandaid thn EC is goin to the hospital 2weeks later and finding out the wound is infected and arm needs to be amputated

You live but you still got royally screwed
#9GoreGrossPosted 2/9/2013 11:57:45 PM(edited)
GoreGross posted...

Synthesis is arguably worse. I mean, it's a big decision to make for every being in the universe.
Control was iffy. Something felt way too convenient about being able to control the entire Reaper fleet forever, especially coming from the Catalyst.
In the end, even as a Paragon Shep, I made that sole Renegade decision. I mean, I didn't want to stray far from the original goal. It was never to control the Reapers - it was always to eradicate an existence that was far too powerful to be controlled - half the game was devoted to fighting the Illusive Man to that point. Frankly, I still can't believe Destroy is the closest to Renegade. I mean, it's just odd that Shepard would survive that one. Renegade was usually the bleaker road to travel.
---
"whoa man all we are is dust in the wind 'nd stuff" - Iwantedzero
Black FC: 4642 1161 4125
#10fallenangel2100Posted 2/9/2013 11:57:07 PM
GoreGross posted...
GoreGross posted...

Synthesis is arguably worse. I mean, it's a big decision to make for every being in the universe.
Control was iffy. Something felt way too convenient about being able to control the entire Reaper fleet forever, especially coming from the Catalyst.
In the end, even as a Paragon Shep, I made that sole Renegade decision. Frankly, I still can't believe Destroy is the closest to Renegade. I mean, it's just odd that Shepard would survive that one. Renegade was usually the bleaker road to travel.

Mordin crawling as he bleeds *forever regret this ren option*