Reginleif20 posted...
Some of the really valid reasons are

- Disappointing bosses
- Unsatisfying ending
- Lack of lock on
- Short main story
- A few hiccups here and there in audio, frame rate, etc

Nick_Kazama posted...
- Completely ruining Dante's character; making him swear and act like a complete bastard was not a pretty sight. This guy reminds me of the chav bullies that used to pick on me at school, daily and now you expect me to actually play as one of them NT? He's a horrible slob, living in his oversized trailer, going out, drinking booze and having it off with whores every night. See with proper Dante, he looked unusual and that appealed to me, he had white hair, a kick ass (no matter what game it was) red outfit and his smile let you know he wasn't a cliche serious protagonist. Dino on the other hand looks like a common thug. I don't want to play as that.

- Completely ruining Vergil's character; From the first trailer he was revealed in, I facepalmed everytime Vorgil showed up. Original Vergil was cold hearted, serious, had honour and was only ruthless at the right times. Vorgil on the other hand is an utterly sadistic moron, he uses guns comfortably, he looks like a fruity nazi, he shoots a defenseless pregnant woman in the womb and let's her realize what he's done before plugging her in the head, he leaves one of his friends (Kat) to die and at the end of the game, he suddenly does a complete 180, out of the blue, announcing that he suddenly wants to rule all humans. And why the hell does he sound like he's about to cry when he utters every sentence?

- Ruined gameplay; Now don't get me wrong, this turd is at least playable, but there's no appeal what-so-ever. The gameplay has been watered down for all the casuals and CoD gamers out there. One can obtain an SSS ranking in combat extremely easily and with no effort. Activating Devil Trigger automatically removes a huge chunk of the DT gauge instantly for no reason and for some reason lifts all enemies up into the air. DT is activated by pressing both L3 and R3 down instead of L1, because L1 now performs the same exact dodge roll as R1... Donte's little stumble after a Rebellion combo is pathetic and seems to be unskippable, at least it was for me in the demo. Gone are the styles which were varied and diverse and in their place, Donte gains powers flat out ripped off from Nero. Stinger is now changed due to there being no lock on button, to the incredibly awkward Forward, Forward, Triangle. You have to keep the left and right triggers held down in order to use his other weapons. Need I go on?

- Ninja Theory flat out taking the piss out of the old series; Just watch the wig scene. In interviews before the game came out TamTam heavily bashed the proper series, claimed Dante "wasn't cool anymore" and set out to show how much he and NT hated DMC. You think swearing is cool? You think smoking is cool? You thinking going out on a binge drinking night out is cool? You think your half shaved/half long hairstyle is cool? I worry about you TamTam, I really do...

- The music; WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-VRRRRRRRRM-VRRRRRRRRM-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-VRRRRRRRRM-VRRRRRRRRM

- The boss fights; Why are they all stationary?? Well, Vorgil does move, but he just slowly walks around for a bit and then occasionally throws a summoned sword at you. Compare the fight with Poison with the fight against Cerberus from 3. Compare Lilith to Nevan. Compare Vorgil to Vergil. No contest. You can beat DmC's bosses with your eyes closed.

- DLC; Yup, this game has disk locked content. They held back the proper ending and even Bloody Palace which has been UNLOCKABLE in every DMC game post DMC1. Fail.

---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#352FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 5:58:46 AM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65414823/734130363

The above post was to big to quote

NostalgiaRules posted...
I don't hate this game, but I will list the reason why I dislike it.

-DmC Dante is too.....I'll try to put this gently without angering anyone. He's too edgy. No, I'm not saying that to make fun. Edgy is really the only word that comes to mind when I see DmC Dante. He drops hardcore swear words and he drops them often. He's just not the original DMC Dante that I remember.

-Color-coded enemies kind of takes away the freedom of using any weapon that you want. In DMC 1, Ifrit worked best against the Frosts, but any other weapon would damage them as well, too.

-The explicit...scenes in this game is too much for me. DmC Dante not wearing anything. That....."scene" between Mundus and Lilith...........I know it makes me seem like a prude, but it's just not my taste.

-Game breaking glitches are never fun. The falling forever glitch and that glitch that makes you lose one of your weapons permanently, forcing you to start from the very beginning.

-No, I haven't bought or played the game, but I watched videos of it and did research on it. And isn't that what you're supposed to do before you buy something anyway? Rate and compare to other things? You don't have to force yourself to like something. I didn't like DmC, so I didn't buy it. And that's what people said, too. Don't like it, don't buy it. Now, that's not to bash people that do like DmC, but it's just not my taste.

-Sorry, but I didn't want a reboot of DMC.

It's all I could find. Sadly this topic which was supposed to stop the "Why the hate?" topics was massively derailed early on
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#353rockman11_zPosted 2/13/2013 6:46:51 AM
Request for sticky...
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#354Ink-RibbonPosted 2/13/2013 12:27:42 PM
Finally!!! See? It wasn't hard at all.

TC's reasons were all subjective, except the 30 fps.

Now, the posts made by others are interesting. I'm gonna try to read all of them. I'm glad you gave me a chance!
#355Chaos-StrikerPosted 2/13/2013 3:14:15 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not a hardcore fan of the series but I really don't think anything is wrong this game whatsoever. I had 100% fun from start to finish *and* enjoyed the story. I especially liked the final moment between Dante and Vergil that "defined" things clearly as to where they stand without making it a cheesy scene.

-I never encountered any glitches listed here.
-I won't say anything about the FPS because I haven't noticed anything slow (I don't even know how people can view that unless it's on PC but this is the PS3 board).
-I never really thought of the enemies as "color coded". Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, I wouldn't want to waste time in combat trying every weapon in my arsenal to see which one actually works--especially with style-based combat. The Osiris doesn't use a lot of sky blue colors in it's attacks (only one I can recall is Rake from mid-air with O circle). Really, the red/blue colors on enemies seems to say "use Angel weapons" or "use Demon weapons", not what specific weapon to use--you either use the Osiris or you use the Aquila, it's up to you. Once you see the color, it's a matter of common sense, not a direct order. Plus really--would you want every single enemy in the game to be the same boring, gray-black color? They're demons but come on that makes things pretty bland above all.
-Boring bosses? Is this serious? How can anyone fight Bob Barbas and say that? The fight had atmosphere, dialogue, and a "challenge" that even (if you were smart enough to notice) showed the player that what happens in limbo, can be shown as happening to the real world but to humans, showing how the news gets its footage of Dante looking like the bad guy.

-As for Vergil, I will say that is some personality change he had at the end of the game. It's very strange to be able to hide that kind of personality from those you recruited and worked with so well. At first I thought there were no signs but I guess there were one or two with Vergil being surprised that Kat was alive during the raid on the Order and then putting her life in danger with self-destruct sequence plus leaving her off like there was nothing they could have done to prevent her capture (in other words: "thanks for taking from your precious escape time to do my bidding, but I forgot I can't do jack from Limbo to get you out, later). I'm actually hoping Vergil's Downfall will explain something about this personality change.

Everything else I'll leave to personal player preferences and opinions. Difficulty issues however sound like players need to get off of Nephilim mode and go to Hell and Hell or something...not that I've gone beyond Son of Sparda. Now, except for the boss part, it's not my intention to argue against everyone's complaints or be the "anti" in this thread but I'm wondering is it really worse than what I say...?
---
~A different breed of gamer
#356Psychochild27Posted 2/13/2013 3:21:24 PM(edited)
Difficulty issues however sound like players need to get off of Nephilim mode and go to Hell and Hell or something...not that I've gone beyond Son of Sparda.

Like with DMC4, Hell and Hell mode is Son of Sparda but with a four-hit limit. Why would I want to waste time with that when DMD provides a greater challenge?

-Boring bosses? Is this serious? How can anyone fight Bob Barbas and say that?

The most exciting boss in the game has only three ranged attacks that are pathetically easy to avoid and consists solely of slamming one, two or three buttons on the ground to then wail on a defenseless face for fifteen seconds before proceeding to fight equally low-level mooks.

Once you get past the novelty of the news segment formatting, how is that not boring? Even DMC2's bosses were leagues more challenging on a mechanical level. Bob Barbas has nothing.

-I never encountered any glitches listed here.

Just because you haven't dealt with them doesn't mean that they're not an issue. I've seen so much weird crap in this game, it floors me Capcom saw it was fit to go out the door.
#357jjjaaabbb4Posted 2/13/2013 3:24:45 PM
"Action game with no action"

Gotta like that logic
---
Gentlemen this could very well lead to the end of the world..... of warcraft
#358Chaos-StrikerPosted 2/13/2013 4:50:52 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
The most exciting boss in the game has only three ranged attacks that are pathetically easy to avoid and consists solely of slamming one, two or three buttons on the ground to then wail on a defenseless face for fifteen seconds before proceeding to fight equally low-level mooks.

Once you get past the novelty of the news segment formatting, how is that not boring? Even DMC2's bosses were leagues more challenging on a mechanical level. Bob Barbas has nothing.

You know, I never thought of it like that. However, the low level stygian parts are more like "survive for this amount of time" and "accumulate as many style points as you can!" challenges during that fight to get a better rank (I only realized this until I actually tried to get SSS in Nephilim mode).

As for Barbas' attacks...I still get hit by them a fair amount of times but I'll admit they are easy to avoid if you concentrate hard enough...like I said I'm not a hardcore player of the series.

Just because you haven't dealt with them doesn't mean that they're not an issue. I've seen so much weird crap in this game, it floors me Capcom saw it was fit to go out the door.

At the same time, I can't be the only one who hasn't encountered nearly any of the numerous glitches described in this thread to the degree of annoyance they're being made out to be. I can't say if who is and who isn't but if there are enough pleasant enough playthroughs out there, it sounds to me like those who are encountering glitches just need to stop trying their luck at the unorthodox stuff in the game =p

Again, not really a veteran of the series so don't take me too seriously. Only DMCs I've played regularly enough through are 3 and 4.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#359FFmaxPosted 2/13/2013 4:57:23 PM
Holy crap this topic is huge!
#360SilentS89Posted 2/13/2013 4:58:00 PM
FFmax posted...
Holy crap this topic is huge!

In fairness a decent portion of it is off-topic.